BigJKO

A Dedicated Thread For Talking About Star Trek Episodes

I watched the series finale of TNG last night. Great episode. Great series. Looking forward to watching the movies now.

Wife and I are also considering starting Deep Space 9, but I'm a little sad because I don't see the characters even coming close to how likeable and awesome the TNG cast was.

Wife and I are also considering starting Deep Space 9, but I'm a little sad because I don't see the characters even coming close to how likeable and awesome the TNG cast was.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you watch DS9. The cast is great, and their characters grow in unexpected ways.

The TNG movies, on the other hand: woof.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you watch DS9. The cast is great, and their characters grow in unexpected ways.

The TNG movies, on the other hand: woof.

First Contact is excellent

I watched the series finale of TNG last night. Great episode. Great series. Looking forward to watching the movies now.

DS9 is awesome! And it has some great characters, including a couple people from the TNG crew. :)

Like most of the Star Trek series the first couple seasons are pretty rough in a lot of ways though. The status of Sisko's hair on his face and head roughly tracks the show's progress in that regard.

As you can probably tell, I think DS9 has some standout characters.

In the Pale Moonlight is my favorite Star Trek episode. Partially because of how awesome Garak is.

Just rewatched:

It actually reminded me of things I liked about DS9. There is so much more complexity in the politics, federation society and story lines. I am re-watching it right now and am super excited to get to the later seasons.

I'm on the cusp of finishing my TNG blu-ray watch, but Nemesis was on telly so I watched that. Many, many problems but it's not as hateful as I remember. Hardly a fitting send-off for the crew of the Enterprise but I still had a couple of tears in the eye at the end. Man, it could have been SO much better though.

Edit. "Picard got stabbed through the heart...and laughed." :worship:  Jean-Luc Picard is such a boss.

This thread is tempting me to go back to my Star Trek rewatch. I really, really enjoyed my time with TNG but became a bit stuck once I hit DS9. It may have been Star Trek overload, it may have been that I've never quite connected with DS9, I dunno. I might dig up which page of this thread the Voyager skip list is on and give that a shot, see how I do.

The downside to Voyager, though, is that I was the perfect age to have seen it rerun quite a lot on TV already, and therefore won't have nearly so many new experiences as I did (semi re)watching TNG.

This thread is tempting me to go back to my Star Trek rewatch. I really, really enjoyed my time with TNG but became a bit stuck once I hit DS9. It may have been Star Trek overload, it may have been that I've never quite connected with DS9, I dunno. I might dig up which page of this thread the Voyager skip list is on and give that a shot, see how I do.

The downside to Voyager, though, is that I was the perfect age to have seen it rerun quite a lot on TV already, and therefore won't have nearly so many new experiences as I did (semi re)watching TNG.

Here's the Voyager list I made earlier. Gormongous' DS9 list is right after.

Does anyone have any predictions for the new TV series? I think it needs a ship named Enterprise, in the 25th Century, doing some exploring. I don't care about Prime or JJverse - whatever provides most potential, but I'd like there to be opportunities for Prime cameos in the future.

A sexy ship named Enterprise is a must though, no? Enterprise F doesn't quite roll off the tongue like D or E. Maybe skip to mid-25th century straight to the G?

Just reached my favorite Star Trek episode during my latest DS9 rewatch. In the Pale Moonlight is just so good! 

Does anyone have any predictions for the new TV series? I think it needs a ship named Enterprise, in the 25th Century, doing some exploring. I don't care about Prime or JJverse - whatever provides most potential, but I'd like there to be opportunities for Prime cameos in the future.

A sexy ship named Enterprise is a must though, no? Enterprise F doesn't quite roll off the tongue like D or E. Maybe skip to mid-25th century straight to the G?

*sigh* I just hope it's TNG/Asimov/SoJu Star Trek again. :mellow:

Then again, the budget for too much action won't arise anyway. :P

Ideally for me, we're set 22 years after TNG. Michael Dorn is probably already crazy about whether they'll have him as a regular. We're safely ignoring the JJverse, of course. But nope, let's not go with the flagship this time. Even though TNG is my favorite Star Trek series, the Voyager scenario was the better one, with largely uncharted, hostile territory and a good few crooks on board (well, not crooks, but we could easily go there, hello Firefly).

What I'd also like to see is a much smaller ship, and one that isn't so meticulously repaired between missions. One that reflects use/abuse, damage and modifications of former episodes. That needs to fit the setting, of course... and that might not fit Starfleet. I guess we can have Star Trek without a ship named Enterprise, but not without Starfleet, no?

I wouldn't be opposed to a captain Deanna Riker-Troi, but only if Marina Sirtis doesn't lose a single gram of weight for the role.

*sigh* I just hope it's TNG/Asimov/SoJu Star Trek again. :mellow:

Then again, the budget for too much action won't arise anyway. :P

Ideally for me, we're set 22 years after TNG. Michael Dorn is probably already crazy about whether they'll have him as a regular. We're safely ignoring the JJverse, of course. But nope, let's not go with the flagship this time. Even though TNG is my favorite Star Trek series, the Voyager scenario was the better one, with largely uncharted, hostile territory and a good few crooks on board (well, not crooks, but we could easily go there, hello Firefly).

What I'd also like to see is a much smaller ship, and one that isn't so meticulously repaired between missions. One that reflects use/abuse, damage and modifications of former episodes. That needs to fit the setting, of course... and that might not fit Starfleet. I guess we can have Star Trek without a ship named Enterprise, but not without Starfleet, no?

I wouldn't be opposed to a captain Deanna Riker-Troi, but only if Marina Sirtis doesn't lose a single gram of weight for the role.

ENT was technically set before Starfleet existed. It was also not great.

It really is high time for more Star Trek that deserves the name. If only to enrage the Puppies.

And, well, if Enterprise was pretty bad and went on for four Seasons, maybe the new series runs for at least three. Like Hannibal...

It's been a while since I've watched Enterprise, but I recall it being much better than people gave it credit for.

Here's what I said after getting very near the end of watching a reccomended episodes list for Enterprise:

"The characters are all still rather dull, though, and although the action has got a bit more slick and exciting the plots are pretty formulaic. It's definitely getting better; as the list article says, it's a shame that it seemed to be just about to find itself when it got cancelled."