clyde

Intoxicated:

i didn't really realize how small your eyes look in that picture and now i can't unsee it

it's the best!!

I don't want to jump to any conclusions but I think Don't Go In The Woods is a bad film.

EDIT: I'm about to eat 4 hot-dogs. Also, that's my new rap name. 4 hot-dogs.

We bought a table-griddle thing and we've been cooking on it as a way to spend more time looking at each other and talking while doing something simple. Fake hot-dogs were what we cooked on it last night. It's very easy to clean too.

We also cook pancakes on it. For both of those dishes, we slice up an apple and throw them on the griddle when waiting for other food.

I've forgotten if this is the right thread for it, but... guys... I've found a miracle. A rum that tastes so good that I'm able to drink it neat (or which just a few drops of lime at least). I've never been able to drink hard liquors neat, and even on the rocks is challenging. Well, I guess it's also thanks to practicing with rums a bit, but man... this one is just an explosion of tastes, first in the nose, then in the mouth, and has a really pleasant aftertaste of caramel & spice... and doesn't burn that much. I'm talking about the Ron Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.

This is the first time I bought such an expensive rum (it was about 50€), to celebrate after a milestone with a new product at work. So far I didn't really imagine that rums could be this good. Once I gifted someone a similarly expensive one, Ron Zacapa Solero 23 or something, and I just couldn't drink it at all. But at that time I had less practice and was forced to try it neat without anything. It's supposedly actually very similar to the Diplomatico, so I wonder if I should give it another try if opportunity presents.

BTW. Chip Dykstra is the man who I turn to whenever I decide what rum to buy next https://therumhowlerblog.com/rum-reviews/. Rarely I've been disappointed with his recommendations (only with that Ron Zacapa).

I drink all sorts of things straight because I'm such a fun guy, but I also had my first Nice Rum (though not nearly 50 euros nice, Jesus, are there a lot of extra taxes on liquor in Estonia?) experience not too long ago with Pyrat XO Reserve Rum and enjoyed it quite a bit.

22 hours ago, Patrick R said:

I drink all sorts of things straight because I'm such a fun guy, but I also had my first Nice Rum (though not nearly 50 euros nice, Jesus, are there a lot of extra taxes on liquor in Estonia?) experience not too long ago with Pyrat XO Reserve Rum and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Yep, I don't know the exact amount, but they do put quite a lot of taxes on alcohol - but not as much as nordic countries so we get some Finns coming here just to buy liquor.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Erkki said:

I've forgotten if this is the right thread for it, but... guys... I've found a miracle. A rum that tastes so good that I'm able to drink it neat (or which just a few drops of lime at least). I've never been able to drink hard liquors neat, and even on the rocks is challenging. Well, I guess it's also thanks to practicing with rums a bit, but man... this one is just an explosion of tastes, first in the nose, then in the mouth, and has a really pleasant aftertaste of caramel & spice... and doesn't burn that much. I'm talking about the Ron Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.

This is the first time I bought such an expensive rum (it was about 50€), to celebrate after a milestone with a new product at work. So far I didn't really imagine that rums could be this good. Once I gifted someone a similarly expensive one, Ron Zacapa Solero 23 or something, and I just couldn't drink it at all. But at that time I had less practice and was forced to try it neat without anything. It's supposedly actually very similar to the Diplomatico, so I wonder if I should give it another try if opportunity presents.

BTW. Chip Dykstra is the man who I turn to whenever I decide what rum to buy next https://therumhowlerblog.com/rum-reviews/. Rarely I've been disappointed with his recommendations (only with that Ron Zacapa).

I felt the same way when I started to get into whisky! Past-me would cringe at the thought of me drinking straight scotch

Getting tipsy on JD and Coke while re-watch binging Impractical Jokers. Can't tell if I misjudged the humour of my reply to Rodi on the Marvel thread :S

45 minutes ago, Apelsin said:

If one has never tried rum before, what should one get? Something to mix?

paging @Gormongous for more refined recommendations

I would recommend you get some rum drinks at a bar actually before you commit to a whole bottle!

50 minutes ago, Apelsin said:

If one has never tried rum before, what should one get? Something to mix?

I think El Dorado's offerings are good starters, because they're rich and sweet without the funk of island rums. The three-year is a good light rum to mix, the eight-year a good dark rum to mix, and the twelve-year a good dark rum to sip.

I personally like Flor de Caña four-year to mix in daiquiris, but it's a lot drier and more astringent, it's taken me a while to get used to it. I also need more time to get to know Plantation's offerings, especially their five-year Barbados that I tried and found too gunpowder-y at the beginning of my journey.

Cordeos has also been getting into rum, I think?

Sailor Jerry is a good gateway baby rum (though perhaps rum aficionados will say it's muck, I dunno).

It looks like we've got the 8-year old El Dorado at my local state liquour store, so I might just try it out.

I'll follow jennegatron's advice first though. I've purchased enough bottles I ended up not liking :P

Thanks for the advice!