clyde

Intoxicated:

Were the uh...players drunk?

I am.

Maybe I should start another thread to post in when intoxicated to avoid confusion. This one has become about various artisinal alcohols.

I am.

Maybe I should start another thread to post in when intoxicated to avoid confusion. This one has become about various artisinal alcohols.

I feel that the long discussions of people's favourite booze mixed in with the occasional "im durnk and at my compter" post is exactly the reason this forum loves its megathreads.

My wife picked up a pot brownie at the dispensary the other day along with the standard stuff we usually get. I just ate my portion and am hoping it enhances the rest of my Heavy Rain playthrough tonight.

I've never had the best luck with pot brownies in the past and usually don't end up feeling anything. But I've also never had one that was quite this potent before.

I'm doing Christmas with my boyfriend's family and have had a lot of wine (a bottle) to deal with it. It's board game night and I don't know if anything inspires more anxiety in me than board/card/domino games and guess what I'm constantly being asked to play?

My sister is all "no, really, come out for one drink" and then I get home and kill a bottle of vanilla vodka and then it's

all night long.

THERE'S A KNOCK UPON YOUR DOOR
YOU BETTER LET IT IN
A KNOCK UPON YOUR DOOR
YOU BETTER LET IT IN

and

THERE ARE WORDS YOU'VE NEVER SAID AND NOW IT'S TIME TO SAY THEM

Being around my family makes my own alcoholism feel quaint. I'm going to watch The Clouds of Sils Maria because it's the best fucking movie, for real though, watch that shit. People think it's mysterious or confusing and I do not understand that at all. Really digestible and straight-forward.

Happy new year! Went to sleep at 6:30, woke at 11 to suddenly feel really drunk. Need to get back to sleep.

I've never been intoxicated. Ever.

Is it worth it? Do I gain insight into something beyond this dimension?

I have no desire to get smashed at this stage, because I don't see any benefits. Please enlighten me.

I've never been intoxicated. Ever.

Is it worth it? Do I gain insight into something beyond this dimension?

I have no desire to get smashed at this stage, because I don't see any benefits. Please enlighten me.

It is a good* way to forget your problems. It takes away inhibitions, which can make one more social, freer, friendlier. It makes country music sound better. It makes dancing much more fun. It makes it easier to deal with being around family if you don't particularly get along with them.

I think all intoxication, whether from alcohol or drugs, provides some sort of perspective outside your understanding of subjective experience that can be useful in a very broad sort of way. I think hallucinogens or even weed are more applicable there, but I definitely learned some things about existence the first time I got drunk.

There is nothing you really lack in not drinking. Which is to say, if you are the kind of person who reaches the age of, say, 23, without ever having been drunk, you are not the kind of person who "needs" alcohol.

Also some people will say they like the taste of it and develop a palate for fine liquors and beers and wines. I'm not saying I don't believe them, just that I've never personally seen the appeal in that. And if you want to get into something like that, fine dining or even fine coffees will serve you just as well.

*In some contexts, and very very bad in others. Use sparingly. Or, do as I do and say "fuck it" and lean into it and drink until your liver is sore to the touch.

I mostly drink because I like the way something tastes. I only get drunk maybe once every 6 weeks. Being tipsy/buzzed/slightly drunk is fun. It makes bad movies (like pitch perfect) more fun, it's an enjoyable activity with friends, and I like that I can drink and not get drunk by having a beer or a glass of wine when I get home from work.

It takes away inhibitions

Wait so if I murder my friend and stash his body under Mrs Creswitt's oak tree, am I likely to tell my remaining friends about it when I'm drunk? Because I don't give a damn? Or can I still keep my secrets.

Wait so if I murder my friend and stash his body under Mrs Creswitt's oak tree, am I likely to tell my remaining friends about it when I'm drunk? Because I don't give a damn? Or can I still keep my secrets.

That's what happened to Ragnar.

My advice to anyone who isn't a drinker and is considering trying it out is this: Drinking does not change your mood, it intensifies it. If you start out in a happy place, drinking will lead to a good time until you have gone too far for your body to handle. Once you've done that a few times, you start to know yourself better and get better and better at finding the right balance for yourself. Don't drink angry, you'll get angrier. Don't drink sad, you'll dwell on shit you don't want to.

I found as I got out of my teen years (28 now, for the record) that the majority of my drinking has become simply for the taste of it. Just like I really like and have become good at distinguishing different types of coffee, I have developed a pretty good taste for straight alcohols. As such, I usually now will have small amounts of really good wine, beer, or (especially) whiskey and will very rarely get drunk. Getting loaded is now reserved for special occasions, mostly birthday parties. From what you have posted so far, sounds like you're younger and still live at home. Mistakes to be made, etc etc. If you're gonna go for it, just do your best to learn from your early misadventures rather than become the person who repeats them every time they drink.

yoooooo, my boyf is having me take bourbon shots with him, which i am chasing with wine. i'm very glad that i can leverage these forums into friendships (meat space & internet) with y'all.

I wish i felt more comfortable expressing my affection with the people in the world that I appreciate. I think it's a combination of my personality (i am inclined to bottle emotions) plus being from the Midwest where we don't really ever express what we truly feel. It flattens my expression to the middle even when I have extreme emotions like love and anger to express.

I am currently at approximately 0.04 blood alcohol content. I saw Rich Hall in the pub, as in, existing, not performing.

I apologise if this is horrendous necroposting. We can blame it on the cocktails.

I recently suggested to Chris to move to Germany with the entirety of Campo Santo if Trumpf wins while I was drinking.

Now sober I still agree with my drunk ass self.

I wear thick glasses and my eyes end up looking even smaller than they already are. My avatar is a photo of me taken at a party where I got someone to give me mascara and I think I look really good with mascara (and maybe eyeshadow, I don't remember?) but it seems like a lot of work to buy mascara and learn how apply it right and also someone will notice it and ask and honestly I would probably just crumple into a puddle if anyone noticed that I even cared about my appearance even a little bit because the concept is seriously gross to me in ways I probably couldn't properly defend.

I almost put this in I Just Had A Random Thought but I thought better of it. You're welcome. I will update this post as it becomes necessary.

EDIT: My partner is leaving for the weekend which means I can cook mammals. What food should I make? Anyone have a good pork recipe?