clyde

Intoxicated:

Got a decent bottle of bourbon the other day and I really enjoy it! Much better than my last horrible bottle, which cost a whopping ten dollars.

What was it? As far as cheap bourbon goes, I have a soft spot for Old Granddad and its vibrant orange label.

I have built up a tolerance to the point where I don't really get drunk any more and my two options are "drink a lot more hard liquor" or "stop drinking for a while and only get drunk once in a blue moon" and neither option appeals to me at all.

What was it? As far as cheap bourbon goes, I have a soft spot for Old Granddad and its vibrant orange label.

Buffalo Trace. I'm a bourbon convert now. 

Also trying to think of good wintry cocktails to make, and warm apple cider with a splash of bourbon and sprinkle of cinnamon is sooooo gooood. I need to get some whole cloves or sticks or whatever their called.

I have built up a tolerance to the point where I don't really get drunk any more and my two options are "drink a lot more hard liquor" or "stop drinking for a while and only get drunk once in a blue moon" and neither option appeals to me at all.

Your implication is that your purpose in drinking is to become drunk. Am I correct in reading that?

hai everyone. it is cool ti be on achristma party i hop ehoyyou ar eoocoool.....

hi.

I'm drunk and I want to say that BadHat - wherever you are I think you are GoodHat and that is a misleading Internet name, but that's ok because you chose it and you roll with it - own it dawg. But you are really GoodHat, and you gotta know that deep down.

I'm curious! Is Jack Daniel's + Cola a thing in the US of A? because here in Germany it's big and I like it very much.

The leader of my Krampus group made Gluhwein yesterday and won't share his recipe. I now have a winter booze project.

Yeah, Jack and Coke is a thing here in Canada for sure as well. It's not a GOOD thing, but it's definitely a thing.

Bartenders who serve you a Jack and Pepsi (or rum and pepsi) without asking have a special place in hell reserved for them though. 

Jack and Coke is definitely a regular thing.

Fun fact: the sugar in the Coke slows down your absorption of the whiskey. If you don't want to slow down the alcohol absorption and would rather get drunk faster, mix it with diet soda instead.

Yeah, Jack and Coke is a thing here in Canada for sure as well. It's not a GOOD thing, but it's definitely a thing.

In Canada you have Pic A Pop and Crown Royale.

Please, Crown Royale actually costs money. Our Jack equivalent is probably more like Canadian Club. Cheap enough to buy without thinking about it, juuuuuuust good enough to not regret it.

So another thing I'm curious about is I heard people say that Jack is among the cheap stuff over in the USA. Whereas here in Germany its charged for as if it's the premium stuff.

Jack is not a well drink, but yeah it's not premium. If you as for "jack and coke" as opposed to whiskey and coke you're not going to get charged more but it doesn't usually show up on happy hour specials.

You wanna go down the hole of well-known-but-expensive whiskys? Johnnie Walker.

Around here Jack has a $2 premium over most other (non-bourbon) whiskeys around here. Kinda there with Bombay Saphire

Let me tell you why this video is mildly interesting. The defending team always has this capability, to run outside and shoot the attackers in the open. But they never do it because if there is any expectation that a defensive offense like this was to occur, it would be easy to repel (and damaging to the defense). So these etiquettes have formed that players operate on by habit. Often in this competitive, high-lethality, breaching-simulation desperation or whim inspires a leveraging of player-expectations like this. What fascinates me about that swing is that the sense of determent can be surprisingly powerful. If I go into a match and try this right now, I expect that it would not work (that's why they are laughing in the video).