clyde

Intoxicated:

I saw pumpkin ales and reminded myself that they are always gross.  I'll keep seeing them over the next 30 or so days until I break down and buy one.  I am a part of the problem.

I saw pumpkin ales and reminded myself that they are always gross. I'll keep seeing them over the next 30 or so days until I break down and buy one. I am a part of the problem.

No, don't, I had one, they are not good, I took that bullet for you, please make it meaningful.

I'm like the kid who only learns that the stove is hot by putting his hand on it.  Only in my case, I need to put a hand on the pumpkin ale stove every year.  The worst one I ever had was unfiltered.  It was like drinking awful pumpkin sludge.

Jeneggatron, was it a branded shandy, or home made one?

I think shandys/radlers are really good, even if they are only vaguely beer flavoured. Stiegl Radler (grapefruit), Kichesippi Radler (grapefrui)t, and Krombacher Radler (lemon) are probably the best I've had. One time I even bought a fancy bottle of grapefruit soda and mixed it with a favourite IPA and that was pretty bomb.

The point of recommending isn't to try to decide what other people like. It's to say what you like! I've had that shandy. It's quite decent.

I think, like hops, people go way overboard with the pumpkin stuff. I do genuinely like Post Road Pumpkin Ale, and I'll drink a Dogfish Punkin. Southern Tier Pumpking is very interesting. I stay away from most of the rest. I lean much more towards Octoberfest-style offerings because in general people try to make a really good version of a traditional beer instead of wacky trendy shit (which is sometimes great! but tiresome!)

I will get all the way down on a Festbier. Ewokskick & I got stuck in Munich on a layover last year the day after Oktoberfest started and I drank a whole liter of beer and it was very fun, but I would not like to go again as there were far too many men who felt entitled to touch me.

It was this: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31442/117587/

I'm surprised BA liked it as much as they seem to.

The point of recommending isn't to try to decide what other people like. It's to say what you like! I've had that shandy. It's quite decent.

Eh, it's certainly decent, but I'm not impressed by Traveler in general. Their grapefruit shandies don't go down as easy as a Stiegl radler and their different flavors aren't as exciting or tasty as, say, Boulevard's new lemon-ginger shandy. I'll drink one if it's on offer, but it's never going to be a go-to for me, even among mixed beers.

I'm like the kid who only learns that the stove is hot by putting his hand on it.  Only in my case, I need to put a hand on the pumpkin ale stove every year.  The worst one I ever had was unfiltered.  It was like drinking awful pumpkin sludge.

Twice, I have had incredibly delightful pumpkin ales, just truly wonderful beverages that I think back on wistfully.  And so pumpkin ales are much like Charlie Brown's football to me now.  I know, just know, that it won't turn out good.  But that tiny sliver of a chance that this one, this one could be another good one, keeps me trying them every year. 

Pumpkin apple cider blows balls.  Please do not try it. 

Pumpkin apple cider blows balls.  Please do not try it. 

This. Last year, in a fit of stupidity, I bought a spiced pumpkin cider. I will regret that decision for years to come. It was terrible.

Southern Tier Pumpking is very interesting.

Pumking is my go-to fall pumpkin beer, it rules. If you're lucky you can find a bar that'll serve it with a cinnamon/spice rim and my god I donno if you can do better in autumn.

edit:

Unrelated 

arkeg-1.jpg

I drank a lot of very cheap wine and was drunk by 8:30 and am now drinking water so that me tomorrow doesn't hate me tonight.

I drank a lot of very cheap wine and was drunk by 8:30 and am now drinking water so that me tomorrow doesn't hate me tonight.

And now you are drinking wine again.  :P

Holy hell I'm as drunk as I've been in a couple of years.  When the guy who runs the local blacksmith's forge offers you his homebrew cider, be very vucking carefula bout saying yes. 

Whooo!

Holy hell I'm as drunk as I've been in a couple of years.  When the guy who runs the local blacksmith's forge offers you his homebrew cider, be very vucking carefula bout saying yes. 

Whooo!

WHEN SOMEONE ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT SOME HOMEBREW CIDER

YOU SAY YES.

Got a decent bottle of bourbon the other day and I really enjoy it! Much better than my last horrible bottle, which cost a whopping ten dollars.

I'm unreasonably excited about the Gear VR I pre-ordered for my wife's S6.

Also I fantasize about saying "Rocket League's mutator-matches is the It's a Wonderful Life of video games" because it just makes me realize how great the tuning is in the original game.