clyde

Intoxicated:

I encourage anyone who likes alcohol and root beer to try this: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24798/86621/ because it tastes EXACTLY like root beer. It's uncanny. My pops and I discovered it recently and now I always try to bring a 6 pack with me when I visit home so we can share some. Small Town Brewery has some other interesting sounding beers that I haven't tried yet - but I really want to! They're definitely on my radar.

In other news, I am a dumb idiot who enjoys 7&7s (Seagram's 7 and 7UP, a lemon-lime soda) and I'm having some of that now. Except I had to substitute the 7UP with "Perk Up," a local gas/grocery station chain (Stewart's) version of knock-off 7UP.

A bartender I ain't.

I don't know how I feel about those "taste exactly like root beer but are actually pumped with crazy amounts of alcohol" beers. I really don't. I guess people seem to like them, since there's so many different kinds, so I guess I'm happy for those people. But I don't know if I consider them actual beer.

But my partner flew to the East Coast to attend a wedding so I bought 1.75 liters of super cheap store brand rum that I am going to drink this weekend while watching slasher movies and Judy Garland musicals. I am happy because I just saw 

on the DVD. I love this period of horror movie trailers. I have had a fair amount of super cheap store brand rum already. I am going to watch Visiting Hours. I am pretty happy despite not being able to afford flying out to attend the wedding. 

I keep seeing that Not Your Father's Root Beer at our local food co-op, which I shop at exclusively for beer, and I will definitely try it out.

My favorite thing to do is to try and find the best bubble soda to put in my Dirty Shirley temples. I keep coming back to Sprite, but have been using those little 8 oz cans instead of the full 12oz cans and am finding that it gives me a good vodka:sprite:grenadine ratio.

5 days before my 24th birthday I shotgunned my first beer. Happy birthday America!

Now I'm just watching Sealab 2021 and giggling.

5 days before my 24th birthday I shotgunned my first beer. Happy birthday America!

Now I'm just watching Sealab 2021 and giggling.

Congrats on your first shotgunning of a beer!

Congrats on your first shotgunning of a beer!

Thank you very much. My belly was very full afterward, but I felt like a true American. I bought the Anderson Valley Gose, and gee do I love sour beers.

(I also got the Not Your Father's Root Beer on your recommendation Markson, and that stuff does not taste like alcohol! I liked it.)

I just tried that root beer for the first time on Friday! Dangerous stuff.

Definitely dangerous! They call it an ale on the bottle, but I think of it as more of a wine cooler (rootbeer cooler?) because it's so tasty and not-alcohol-tasting. Glad to hear you liked it, jennegatron :)

Apparently, in Illinois only, the same company has a "Grandma's Apple Pie Beer" that I'd love to try if I ever go ramblin' some day! Also a limited edition 22 oz "bomber" which is nearly 20% abv?! I probably wouldn't drink that one, haha.

A week or so ago I tried Two Roads Worker's Comp saison, but thought it was kinda meh...but maybe I just don't like saisons! Has anyone tried their other beers, and are they any good?

Work that pays based on commision feels like a direct insult to a whole portion of being which I value and that I haven't been able to define yet.

------------------------------------

I just heard Bulit To Spill's Untethered Moon for the first time. I've listened to it a few times, but I never heard the mix before.

---------------------------------

My intoxication is an excuse to say this:

I'm annoyed that Windows 10 hasn't sent me a notification to upgrade after I backed everything up last night on external harddrives. I'm looking forward to a clean install since I've been having graphics-card errors and my shit done got bloated in the past 5 years. But I don't feel comfortable enough starting computer projects until I do the install because I don't want to re-back anything up. My WindowsBT$ folder is 5.95 gb full, but still no cue from Microsoft. I don't want to rush the job because that's the kinda thing that encourages long-term system instabilities imo.

uhg. 

Also, I really enjoy being drunk on Carlo Rossi burgundy sometimes. I was playing Rocket League, the rest of my team was replace by the bots "Sabertooth" and "Heater" and I started paying attention to them and trying to figure out if they have individual, consistent behaviors. I considered the possibility of getting to know the bots well enough that I would be able to form team-dependencies. I like that idea.

Holy smokes Not Your Father's Root Beer! I don't think I want to drink a 6 pack, but for a single bottle they NAILED it. It tastes like some delicious home brew root beer.

My wife picked up some "Not Your Father's..." for me before I even knew what it was, and I agree Badfinger!  I'll have one but I feel like drinking more than that is asking for a hangover.

Just finished watching the Dead Rising film and I've been drinking Honey Jim Beam with Ginger Ale. That shit is delicious.

The film is weird because the writing is solid and the acting is fine but the direction and editing just have no idea about pacing.

I am very drunk for the first time in a month and it is the best.

I can drink when I am out, but if I am at home watching TV shows or whatever I just fall asleep. Makes me feel free old.

Currently on the Idle Forums drinking Miller Lite. So I'm that guy.

I think I found a thread I'll be posting in a lot.

I can drink when I am out, but if I am at home watching TV shows or whatever I just fall asleep. Makes me feel free old.

I'm getting to be the same way. I'm only a few months removed from college, but going out and drinking usually results in me wanting to go home at 10 and crash.

I realized sort of all in a rush that I don't own any wine glasses. Anyone have a recommendation for inexpensive glasses that are also good? Stemless is probably preferred because they'll be easier to maintain (although will probably decrease quality). I'm probably just going to buy 4 at the moment.

I bought some stemless wine glasses at Target -- their brand that's in a black and red box. I don't remember the name of the brand, but they've done me right.

My other wine glasses (stemfull? stemmed?) just came from Ikea. 3 years in and they're still fine.

Looking forward to getting intoxicated and playing Fibbage with friends today. Will report back.

I'm generally that way, unless we crack open a bottle of wine with dinner, which often leads to a second bottle for some reason.  But it's only with wine when we're just sitting around shooting the shit after dinner. 

yeeeep

I think I was a bit too noisy on the bus back home. People were looking. But the music on my headphones was SO GOOD

I ordered a stupidly expensive but awesome Haiku ceiling fan. Stupidly I decided to do part of the assembly while drunk. Dropped a washer into the DC motor. Got it out but I had to unscrew some parts I shouldn't have. Now I fear that the fan might end up unbalanced. Will see in the morning.

Well, I didn't screw up too bad as it seems to be working. Not sure how to tell if it's still properly balanced, though.

I would think that it would make a rhythmic noise or vibration if unbalanced.