clyde

Intoxicated:

Yes! I am alive! 

I, for what it's worth, was also excited to see your name pop up. You were around when I was first seriously reading the forums. Hi!

Also, going slightly back on topic... I hate not having a car, because I want to go and get a case of beer so I have something for the summer, but I hate having to carry something like that on the bus. Its big and bulky and a pain in the ass to carry.

My car's been broken down and I just carried (walking) a 12-pack of beer back home. It was not only a pain to carry, but I felt oddly bad every time someone passed me and saw me carrying it. I feel you.

I was carrying a large bottle of beer on the train the other day and felt weirdly bad about it. I couldn't remember how open container laws work and sort of thought that even closed bottles have to be in bags (they don't).

Rye and Ginger is popular around these parts, take rye whiskey and ginger ale and mix in similar portions to Rum and Coke. Definitely a much drier drink than a lot of cocktails. Use Canadian Club and Canada Dry for the authentic* experience. I try to keep cheap whiskey around for this kind of drink, also really helped me finish off a bottle of spiced whiskey I got for christmas.

*believe it or not, Canadians don't associate either brand as any sort of national icon or point of pride.

A good buddy of mine has taken to adding JUST A LITTLE BIT of ********* juice to this. It's pretty damn tasty.

EDIT: Oh yeah... p i n e a p p l e.

I still have a nice stockpile of 20-30€ rums (Bacardi Oakheart and up) from when I was trying out a lot of rums. The one that used to be my favourite is still great, but once I'm done with some of these rums I want to try a few more highly rated ones. So far I've only been mixing, mostly with coke, but I want to try to start sipping. I have never been able to enjoy it so far in my life, but I always avoided drinking any strong alcohol, even mixed, until a year or so ago.

A good buddy of mine has taken to adding JUST A LITTLE BIT of ********* juice to this. It's pretty damn tasty.

EDIT: Oh yeah... p i n e a p p l e.

That sounds pretty good. There was a time when President's Choice was making a cranberry ginger ale and that was the best thing to mix with cheap whiskey. It was also bright pink. 

My drink of choice is the Dirty Shirley Temple, and nothing that tastes that good should be legal.

(Just take a Shirley Temple (grenadine & a lemon-lime soda like sprite/7 up/sierra mist) and add vodka, Voila, you gon' get druuuuuuunk.)

My drink of choice is the Dirty Shirley Temple, and nothing that tastes that good should be legal.

(Just take a Shirley Temple (grenadine & a lemon-lime soda like sprite/7 up/sierra mist) and add vodka, Voila, you gon' get druuuuuuunk.)

For a second, I thought you were going to describe this as a Shirley Temple with green olive juice in it. Thank god dirty just means "with vodka" in this case because my mind created a really fucking gross trash juice concoction there.

I like that idea, mostly because that's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of, but also that there doesn't seem to be any alcohol in that? So you would drink it purely for the enjoyment of it, not because it would get you drunk.

My college roommate and I would come up with the grossest drinks we could think of. We would decide on a name and then backfill what the drink would be, and decide on the most foul ingredients and hope to convince our friends that these were real things. We were inspired by monstrosities such as The Four Horsemen (a real thing), the whickle (also real), and Messiah Complex (a thing that an acquaintance of mine created to punish his friends. 1 shot glass that's 1/3rd 151, 1/3rd vodka, 1/3 gin)

The Cee-lo Green: This is just absinthe with sea salt & sweet & low around the rim of the glass

The Andre 3000: A bottle of Andre champagne & 3 shots of 1000 island dressing

That 1000 island dressing one is pretty damn creative.

If you want the grossest possible ingredient to add to anything, try a splash of feta cheese water.

ugh if you want a gross drink do a prairie fire

ugh it's so gross

Messiah Complex (a thing that an acquaintance of mine created to punish his friends. 1 shot glass that's 1/3rd 151, 1/3rd vodka, 1/3 gin)

I'd drink this.

i had my first Tanqueray (rocks, f tonic) in a long time this past weekend.  I still have no interest in keeping hard alcohol in the house, but was a delightful treat

I'm lucky and have tomorrow off, so I'm settling in for a night of gaming and laundry. I'm already halfway through a bottle of Banana Bread Beer, which, maybe a year ago I would have been too shamed to admit to liking, but now I'm older and wiser and did you know flavored beers are AMAZING? I mean, some of them.

i am incredibly intoxicated, alcoholically and otherwise. it took me about 1 minute to type that last sentence. i always do this when the wife is away for a night, i have no idea why. my cat keeps meowing at me and it just makes me laugh. i'm drinking this 50:50 mixture of stella artois and a local cider. this is too tasty. i can't stop laughing at the word "egggcorns".

sup dudes i'm super drunk i was at a wedding ia ctually had a lot of fun despite my expectations i got to know my boss and his wife better than i ever expected to plus some other coworkers????????? well whatever hey how it going is

k

Got a new shaker - first drink I made with it was a vodka gimlet... nice and refreshing!

Anyone here drink growler beer? Totally ruined bottled beer for me. The shops around me usually have a split between local craft brews (I'm in Atlanta) and various world class beers from all around.

Last few weeks I've had:

Avery Ellie's Brown Ale

Stone Enjoy by 4.20.15 - hot damn!!

Macon Love (cherry blonde) - worth a shot

So this year is kind of a weird one for that holiday thingy taking place today. My wife actually has a card now and is going down to the place where she gets the stuff and they have some super good deals on some good shit plus some freebies. Tonight will be a fun one!

I don't drink much, and I'm finally running out of the whiskies I bought when I was last regularly employed. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to afford to get more. I have a couple of shots each left of Black Label and an Irish whisky my brother gave me for my birthday, and about 1/3rd bottle of good scotch I'm determined to save for a special occasion.

It's strange, though, to see those bottles left with a couple of fingers in them, and drink all that remains of the time when society at large valued my contributions.

So this year is kind of a weird one for that holiday thingy taking place today. My wife actually has a card now and is going down to the place where she gets the stuff and they have some super good deals on some good shit plus some freebies. Tonight will be a fun one!

Weird!

I had very little that I was saving for a rainy day and decided to screw it and celebrate. Wish there was a legitimate way to procure for myself.