clyde

Intoxicated:

I'm calling timber

You better move

You better dance

I haven't even started drinking properly yet. Also I am a complete fraud that drink is not rum or grog

I'm drunk for the 4th night in a row (starting from new year's eve). I never usually do this but it helps me quit smoking so I might get drunk tomorrow as well.

Why would Chris Remo's monogamey with Spelunky harm the podcast?

Conceptually, it expresses my understanding of the podcast; a willingness to allow games to have their way with you; seeing where that goes.

I suspect that the thing which makes me an awesome person is the need to explain my perspectives and behaviors.

i wish Sean and Chris would let hte podcast be fun again

it's too serious sometimes which is why i miss nick

jake is jake and jake is always good

I love Sean's dry silliness***. And Remo keeps their polarizing absurdities in pretty decent check. Personally, I think the cast is pretty well rounded.

*** example: Episode 76 - The Three Anecdotes

Edit: As for Remo's "monogamy". I think they generally attempt to 'entertain' us, and feel a heavy of obligation to us (there are obvious reasons for this). If they didn't they would just be continually unrestricted like any of the thousand gaming podcasts hosted by 3-4 friends with in-jokes. Conceptually it makes sense, but for me, there is something genuinely refreshing about their modesty.

i guess i romatiscise the past or something, because i think You Gotta Have Spice is my fave ep.

There was definitely a shift in tone after Nick originally left. Those early episodes were fucking hysterical. I got a kick out of them constantly laughing at themselves and talking about the most random, horrible stuff. Unfortunately, I joined these forums before I got to the later episodes and didn't get the memo that dick and poop jokes were a thing of the past.

Ommegang's Dubbel is getting better. I'd still prefer a Chimay, but I am so high right now and I only drank 1. And I love this flavor!

BOM01_750ml_Abbey-01.png

monogamey

Holy shit, nice.

It may be of interest that 'ommegang' is Dutch for taking a walk, or a parade.

1. listening to tool after a few glasses of cheap whiskey and ginger ale is something else

2. ive been listening to the idle thumbs/the idle thumbs podcast/idle thumbs serially on my commute to work and there is definitely a shift in cutting down on goofiness/memery when the cast returned after the kickstarter. That isn't to say it's worse, but a lot of the older hijinx I had never experienced before and it really kept me in a good mood while I was stuck on third shift working in a factory for the past three months. It was a great combination of goofiness and insightfulness that really made it a pleasure to listen to.

3. wizard 

I love drinking and listening to precise music and saying to myself "Fuckin-A, these movements are telling me how it is and the composition has resulted from the right decisions."

My most recent habit has been to drink rum straight (because fuck mixing) then play spelunky/rogue legacy while listening to hip hop.

it's an incredibly weird clash of classy/nerdy/street, but it hits all of my tastes.

I may have just eaten the best* brisket of my entire life.

*Moonshine may have something to do with this judgment call.

I may have just eaten the best* brisket of my entire life.

*Moonshine may have something to do with this judgment call.

Every brisket I eat is the best brisket of my life.

It's like every time I have some I dont expect it to be good and then its delicious and its like 'This is the best thing ever."

I can't wait till scientists figure out a way to graph all of the shit on the internet into people's minds and they are all linked together wirelessly through some fleshly wireless router that is implanted in each of us at birth. Living in a hive mind would totally be sweet.

Until you overhear your creepy neighbour jacking off while he's jacked in.

You know, I deleted something along those lines from my post before I clicked the button. I figured two references to ejaculation in one day would be too much.

Soju is pretty much vodka. Watching all those korean dramas has created a circumstance where Capt. Hastings and I had to try it out. The high is much different than wine or beer. I haven't drank vodka in ten years or so because I find it unpleasant to imbibe, so I can't compare the high to it; but compared to wine or beer, the lights seem bright and I spent a solid 30 seconds staring at the insert of a phillips-head screw in the window because the contrast was so attractive. Then me and Capt. Hastings went upstairs and discussed my father's obsession with productivity, the effects that has had on my ambitions, and why I feel a compulsion to sell the idea of posting Capt. Hasting's own observations involving the difference between reading an Agatha Christie novel and playing the Layton Brothers mystery game on Idle Thumbs Forums to Capt. Hastings. It's been a passionate night for intellectuals in this house. 

Is Capt. Hastings the name of your cat?

I want to get some soju, I heard the other day that soju is the most popular spirt on the planet. It just hasn't hit Europe yet, but it going to take off in a big way in the next few years.