clyde

Intoxicated:

I'm intoxicated.

I enjoy the forums, but I have a rule on the internet, I don't publish or reply when intoxicated. Except now.

Intoxication has it's own benefits, but I suspect that the benefits of intoxication are complemented by context that mentions said state. Hence, this thread. This is where everybody knows your name.

Sober people are welcome to post, but be aware, that some of the posts here are hibited.

Is this against the rules? I'm a bad boy, but I'm nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8d5QEWdHchk

Top is so cool. He is (like) the personification of high-class. He's the one drinking champagne in the car and the one who says that it's a "bootiful night" at the end.

I think you figured correctly

Your reassurance is proving helpful. Don't think it is not.

I always figured that the "Life" thread was the place for drunkness, but I guess like with "Random Thoughts" and "Weird Medical Shit," parts of "Life" are being split off, probably for the better.

I'll be back and drunk myself tomorrow night after department happy hour. I have been grading papers for two weeks now and I need a beer or three so bad...

This sounds like a good place to post when I get drunk enough to start working on things that I will never finish.

For instance, somewhere around here I probably still have my Jagermesiter-fueled plans for the ultimate hand-made gamer chair. (It included cup holders, a side pouch for stuff, and an arm that could have a fold-out counter thing like you see on some airplanes nowadays....)

The best thing about the whole drunk thing (which I'm sometimes) is trying to play multiplayer games while unable to hold your own head up and start laughing on the mic uncontrollably for no real reason.

The best thing about the whole drunk thing (which I'm frequently) is holding a big bottle by the neck.

I'm chugging down a big old bottle and cider right now and can confirm this is quite neat.

The best thing about drinking is failing miserably to play Spelunky but you don't even care.

I'm slightly drunk at the moment, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post here. Guess I didn't get drunk enough.

Yeah. It was interesting to me that I seemed satisfied after posting that I wanted to post. I didn't end up having anything to say.

Well, I guess I told El Muerte that their reassurance was helpful. I don't know if I would have had the courage to say that sober.

The best thing about the whole drunk thing is falling asleep during a loading screen and then waking up, convincing yourself it won't happen again, and then falling back asleep at the next loading screen.

I love drinking outside. Too bad our drinking outside weather in Seattle is pretty much over. I need to get to Las Vegas some time so I can walk down the street with one of those two foot tall margaritas.

The best thing about the whole drunk thing (which I am every couple of weeks) is trying to play guitar and sucking at it, but not giving a fuck that I suck at it and actually thinking it sounds good anyway.

The best thing about the whole drunk thing (which I am every couple of weeks) is trying to play guitar and sucking at it, but not giving a fuck that I suck at it and actually thinking it sounds good anyway.

Right? Let me tell a story. So one evening, when I was about twice as drunk as I currently am right now, I came home to play a game of Crusader Kings II. The only save I had to load was a pretty precarious one; I was the descendant of Herbert, count of Vermandois, the last (bastard) male-line Carolingian alive. About four generations removed, I was king of France and Brittany, well on my way to becoming king of Aragon, Navarre, and Burgundy as well. So I booted up the game and started playing. I enjoy the experience of playing Crusader Kings II normally, but this time it was different. It was better. I was like motherfucking Bach playing the most insane fugue in the world. At one time, I was at war with Castile, England, and the Holy Roman Empire, holding them off just effortlessly. I remember thinking to myself, "Man, I may be drunk, but this is easy!"

Somehow I quit and fell asleep. I didn't black out, I just don't remember. I guess I felt it was unnecessary enough even to care at the time. But when I booted up the game the next day and loaded my save, I found a disaster waiting for me. I'd lost all of Navarre and Aragon somehow, with Burgundy currently on the table in a war I was losing badly to the Holy Roman Empire. I was outnumbered three to one! How did I think I was winning? How drunk was I?

To date, this is the only "bad" experience I've had with alcohol, but man, was it memorable.

I used to love coming home from a night of drinking to hop on my regular TF2 server and just have fun.

But then they stopped playing that late at night.

And now they just don't play.

):

I dislike being drunk. If there was a way I could enjoy my alcoholic beverages without getting drunk it would improve my world a lot.

I dislike being drunk. If there was a way I could enjoy my alcoholic beverages without getting drunk it would improve my world a lot.

Ditto.

Sounders lost tonight, but I managed to tie on a few at a friend's expense so that's a win at least.

I don't really drunk post all that bad, but take solace in the fact that it's taken me 5 minutes to type this.