thainatos

Spacebase!

Looks very interesting. This goes straight to my list of games to keep an eye on (and almost certainly buy), along with Sir, you are being hunted and Prison Architect.

I'm about 15 minutes into the following video, and my thoughts are "It's like Prison Architect meets Space Station 13 ...In space! Obviously"

I just can't get over how clever the damn (unnecessary) skew icon is on the spacebase website:

decdvsN.png 

vs. 

9ODVQAi.png

Ya' done good, webpage icon designer. 

Super happy they went a head with this, I started it up the prototype last week or the week before because I liked the idea so much and was sad we didn't get any news about if it would continue.

I love the list of features they are planning on adding to the game, especially this one:

TIME TRAVEL
* events deemed timeline-critical by the IGTTC Armistice of 7978 cannot be changed without serious consequences. however, we are pretty sure time travel armistices are for babies.

Oh hey, I think I remember seeing this a while ago.

Edit: Hmm, looks like I was thinking of a competitor. I'll take something from DF over any other Kickstarter project anytime.

Shut up and take my money.

edit: Ok, you've got my money, you can talk again.

it's a shame it doesn't have that great PETSCII aesthetic like JP originally implemented but i'm guessing DF thought it might be too niche. still! brave to put out a systems first game and i'm looking forward to it

I think I've done everything in the alpha, managed to find a couple of bugs.

The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. It will become part of my "Music to program by" playlist next to FTLs music.

I just can't get over how clever the damn (unnecessary) skew icon is on the spacebase website:

decdvsN.png

vs. 

9ODVQAi.png

Ya' done good, webpage icon designer.

I am that webpage icon designer and I am so glad you noticed that the skew icon straightens when skewed!

http://spacebasedf9.com/devplans

This list causes me to drool with skeptical anticipation. Some of the stuff on there like laws, teleporter-malfunctions, and being able to tag citizens so security keeps an eye on them ( there's got to be a good N.A.S.A./N.S.A. joke in there) tickles the trickster in me.

Wow I was just thinking about Startopia this is perfect timing  (from reading Wikipedia Brown's post I guess it wasn't a coincidence in that I was probably thinking baout it after seeing it on Steam)

I am that webpage icon designer and I am so glad you noticed that the skew icon straightens when skewed!

WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC

Congrats on the web!

The game I have been intending to make for a while is being made with a bigger budget or team than I could ever hope to have. They even have the same name.

I am equal parts annoyed and excited.

Loving the style so far! This game has exceeded expectations from the old Amnesia Fortnight pitch video.

I can't wait to read Lieutenant Olaf von Space Face Ace's Spaceface in the SpaceBase!

I am I the only one that really doesn't dig the art style? Giantbomb video responses and the chat here seems almost 100% positive, but is that because we know of the creators?

This is exciting stuff. Also, I love how unashamedly unfinished it looks in that reveal trailer, with characters sort of choppily hopping about. Still very good lookin', though. Very excited about the future of this.

This is exciting stuff. Also, I love how unashamedly unfinished it looks in that reveal trailer, with characters sort of choppily hopping about. Still very good lookin', though. Very excited about the future of this.

I think the framerate of the trailer video capture was just garbage. The game itself runs shockingly smoothly.

I am I the only one that really doesn't dig the art style? Giantbomb video responses and the chat here seems almost 100% positive, but is that because we know of the creators?

There are a number of people elsewhere who aren't into the look of the game, so it's not just you. There are also a lot of people do just genuinely like it without ulterior motives or insider elements clouding their thoughts. After the amnesia fortnight prototype, the look they chose for the final game is not what I was expecting at all, but it's grown on me since pretty heavily.

Just watched JP's alpha demo... hoooooly shit Jake, that UI is slick! Good job.

And yes, the game is really smooth. That demo is a much better representation of the game, really.

The EDSCII look would have been incredible, but I'm happy with the current visual style of the game too.

An ESCII double fine logo is in the trailer for like 5 frames! So theres that...