Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Reawakening this thread by posting this. The funniest shit that's happened to me in Spelunky.

Also, dodging an arrow.

Is Secret Asian Man the only forum member who still does the daily challenge?

Pfft, what a loser.

I really wish I kept track of stuff like when I started or how many times I've completed Hell.  I'm pretty sure that I passed one uninterrupted year a while ago.

I do the daily challenge every now and again, but I'm awful at Spelunky now, just terrible. I've just lost it as I don't play often enough. My girlfriend plays way more than I do now, and she's catching up to me in terms of ability - think I'd sooner watch her play than play myself!

Overall, I think I'm averaging beating Hell about once a week.  On a good week I'll do it 3 or 4 times.  The one thing I've sort of stopped doing as much is actively trying to get a high score since my friends list leaderboard is pretty empty these days (although part of that may be that I do the daily challenge almost as soon as its available).  I used to enjoy competing with Chris even though he wasn't aware of our competition.

Also if anyone ever wants to watch me, I always leave my Steam streaming settings open to my friends list.  Just be advised that I almost never say anything.

added! i love watching spelunky play - im just a baby garbage gamer at it.  Hell is a dream goal, im happy clearing jungle (baby garbage time)

I still play sometimes. I'm on a Bloodborne break right now. It feels like I only have enough time to play one game at a time right now. But nothing makes me want to play spelunky like people talking about spelunky!

I played like crap in that daily.  I should have died multiple times but somehow managed to beat Hell.  I sacrificed a significant amount of potential gold focusing on not dying.  I did enjoy carrying around a second jetpack though.

I bought spelunky for the 3rd time, this time for ps4. It's basically the same except now I can play it before I play bloodborne without switching controllers or tv inputs.

REAWAKENING THIS THREAD ONCE AGAIN WITH YET ANOTHER ASTOUNDING SPELUNKY STREAM MOMENT.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING.