Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Time for the weekend roundup. First up, surprise yeti king!

Then, hard times in the mothership.

Finally, my fingers trip over themselves in the black market.

I wasted my bombs, couldn't get the key. Had an interesting death though.

Boy, what a run today. Got yet another high score, ~682k. This is especially remarkable, since I beat the game the hard way, but didn't anger the shopkeepers at all. Also bought the jetpack in the Mines, so that together with the Ankh is already an over 70k expense.

Then, I went through the Worm from the Ice Caves and got the Crysknife. I had the Kapala, so it was a sound decision, although it meant that I also had to go through the Mothership to get to Hell. The Mothership went really well, except for one almost fatal series of events. One of those laser turrets fell down and exploded (don't know exactly why) next to me, taking away 10 HP. That I was able to deal with, but the Alien Queen was also nearby, trying to blast my brains. I was literally this close: ->   <- to getting fried before finally recovering.

One final feat of strength in Hell. I killed the final form of Yama with the Crysknife :eyebrow:

THE WORST! So the seed didn't provide me with a lot of bombs. That could become an issue in the city of gold. So I reach the temple, do quite a good job to get rid of anubis. So there's the ceptre... next to a crush block. I trigger the block, it pushes the ceptre away... and it falls in a damn lava basin. Ok... so no city of gold. Continuing on through the temple... not finding much bombs I reach Olmec. Only one tiny bomb sack. This is going to be difficult. So I dig a shaft, time to lure Olmec. He missed my shaft by half a block... damn it. So I have to lure him a bit more. A very close call.. and now I'm trapped between the wall and Olmec who refuses the crush the last block holding him out of the lava death... No way out.

Yeah... maybe. But I didn't think about that until much later.

Had some trouble with getting rid of a shop keeper.

Ugh, made it to hell, where I paid a high price to find out that an intact lava cauldron will react quite violently with a bomb. Boom.

I botched the robbery. That beautiful, beautiful shop, wasted.

I think I should have thrown a rope to kill the bat on this one.

Another ghost death. I messed up jumping over her.

And I did a dumb thing with the shopkeeper that probably never works.

It's not working for me for the past 4 days. I keep doing stupid things and die in boring ways.

My first recorded daily since January, and my highest score so far. Got today off to a good start, heh

I'll file this one under: 2fast2furious

Ran straight into a man eating plant. It's also a good example on how the signal from my brain to my hands is much slower than to my mouth.

Didn't record it, but I had the sloppiest victory run.  Lost the jetpack killing myself with the teleporter.  Lost my last rope during the fight with Olmec.  Lost my shotgun in the lava during my fight with Yama.  He ended up killing himself by flying too close to a ball and chain so in the end I still won, but it was still a disastrous run.