Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

What time does the Daily Challenge reset?  I thought I played earlier enough last night to be on Friday's, but when I went to play this afternoon, it showed it as being already done.

What time does the Daily Challenge reset?  I thought I played earlier enough last night to be on Friday's, but when I went to play this afternoon, it showed it as being already done.

Midnight GMT, 7 EST

For the first time, EVER, I made it to the city of gold. And I made it through the city of gold. And I got Olmec right to where I wanted him.

And then I went back to fetch my shotgun, and in those extra 5 seconds...

And then I tabbed out to type this, and the game crashed.

Midnight GMT, 7 EST

Oh wow, 6 Central then.  That's way earlier than I would have guessed.  Thanks!

Great seed today, but I died to shopkeepers early on.

I would not/do not have the patience to spend upwards of 10 minutes per level just avoiding the ghost for extra gold. You're probably a better person than I.

It appears that scepter you can get in the temple is a little too powerful for its own good. Live and learn I guess. Also I had an insanely close call in the black market. This game has its hooks so deep in me...

I'm suffering Spelunky withdrawl... I'm unable to play because I've only brought a nettop on my skiing trip.

Man, things were going so well in today's daily, until I reached the Temple. I had all the artifacts needed to enter the City of Gold, save for the sceptre. I didn't have a weapon nor sticky bombs (such a mistake, there was even a spider level in the mines). I tried dropping a bomb, picking it up and having it detonate next to Anubis in mid-air, but that wasn't working and I was going to kill myself sooner or later. So I crushed him with one of those moving blocks. Obviously the sceptre was destroyed as well. Not a complete surprise, but I was hoping for better.

But I did beat Olmec, and got a pretty good score.

I beat Olmec and cleared the game for the first time, and on a daily challenge! If only I hadn't stopped recording weeks ago!

It's amazing what a jetpack, a shotgun and a buttload of bombs can accomplish.

Man, on one hand I should have been more aware of where that shopkeeper was. On the other hand, that death happened really, really fast.

I'm probably late to the party but I got the Steam version the other day too. Steam ID's Woebin, had my best Spelunky run ever on today's challenge (I got to the tombs or whatever they are, the area after the ice caves). I've tried to stream my runs to Twitch but haven't worked out the logistics yet.

Behold an unremarkable run. I'm going to request that someone who's also a mediorce spelunker post in this thread. I enjoy hammerpants' pro ghosting skills, but I want someone to commiserate with.

On a side note, is the stuff that's in rocks not consistent for everyone in a daily? In mine at 6:57 there's paste in the ground, but in hammerpants's video it's not there (6:42). My daily challenge worldview is being turned upside down here...

On a side note, is the stuff that's in rocks not consistent for everyone in a daily? In mine at 6:57 there's paste in the ground, but in hammerpants's video it's not there (6:42). My daily challenge worldview is being turned upside down here...

I noticed paste in the ground on someone else's video last night. My faith in the daily challenge is shaken.

None of the gold/gems in the rock match up either. 

In reading about the seedlunky mod, the author learned that in regular Spelunky runs, a whole bunch of stuff is randomized on the fly.  Boxes generate when you break them, Alters pick the item when the first tier is reached and each level is generated as you pass through the door.  The Daily Challenge handles item and level generation in a different manner.  It looks like the stuff in rocks was missed though. 

I feel like these things have been the same in runs I've watched in the past. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it next time.

Anyway it's not like finding items in the ground is that common. But god help you the day one of you finds a jetpack in the ground and I don't...

I do often wish OBS had a loop record feature so I could just compile deaths without it being so much work.