Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

GODDAMNED DARK LEVELS

I'm pretty proud of that bomb toss, though.

I did much better than yesterday (couldn't actually do much worse though). Level 1-3 got me, way too much enemies in one place.

An crocodile-man teleported inside of me. What a shitty way to go.

Interesting daily. So many bombs, so much cash. I felt like they were playing with me. This game has made me paranoid.

I died in a blaze of glory tonight, Wild Bunch style. It was only on 1-4, I believe, but that didn't make it any less exciting.

Accidentally attacked a shop keeper with a boulder. But I managed to escape them for a couple of levels. Alas my archenemy, the spike trap, killed me.

I did an additional run after the challenge and found out what a tiki trap is :/

Being on GMT and playing late at night means I usually post a day late! I won't lie, I saw Korax's impressive bomb toss and tried my hand at it, turns out it's super hard. 

Thanks, I'll give that a go. FRAPs was spitting out 30gb files for about 10 minutes content, not ideal.

I wish I could do a thing where Steam didn't pop up chat notifications when I was frapsing my run. Hmm... does the daily challenge work if I launch the game outside Steam?

I use Open Broadcast with file output. I let it render to 1.5x reduction in resolution (so 1280x800 in my case) and max 2kbit. This produces 113MiB for about 7,5 minutes of gameplay.

I had to check the tape to figure out what actually killed  me.  I guess the gold from bombing through that wall triggered an arrow trap off to the right that I should have seen, but just completely didn't register for me.

My daily had a terrible end because my controller started screwing up bad around the "my skin is crawling..." level. Literally, the next game I played I beat Olmec. ARGH!

I should've done a few practice runs first...

I didn't survive the spider level. My archenemy, the spiketrap, got me again.

I had to check the tape to figure out what actually killed  me.  I guess the gold from bombing through that wall triggered an arrow trap off to the right that I should have seen, but just completely didn't register for me.

holy crap that's the worst insta-death I've seen in a while, bad luck :(

holy crap that's the worst insta-death I've seen in a while, bad luck :(

I was more upset about my death on the November 5th daily than this one. That one really came out of nowhere. I feel like I should have seen the arrow trap on this one and just wasn't observant enough, which is fair.

That temple sure is a something something.