Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

In which I let Christopher Lee read Edgar Allan Poe's The Telltale Heart as I play. The narrator's decision to kill the old man came right when I saw a shopkeeper, so it was clear what I would have to do.

This looks cool. I'm sure my brain is compensating but I love it when these things seem to sync together so well.

In which I let Christopher Lee read Edgar Allan Poe's The Telltale Heart as I play. The narrator's decision to kill the old man came right when I saw a shopkeeper, so it was clear what I would have to do.

Everything feels so poignant, like when the Key is presented as "Object" and the Chest is presented as "Passion".

Just amazing, I love it! 

I really just shocked myself with this one, so embarrassing: 

Got to the Ice levels on a daily! The one day I wasn't recording because I was really tired and didn't expect to last long! Damn it!

I beat Olmec! And got 300K+.

I can't lie, it was a very charmed run. I went through most of it with the jetpack, a shotgun, and the Kapala. I pretty much mined every level for every last drop of blood, which ended up netting me something about 13 extra health, total. Which is how I survived getting caught in between two tiki traps and getting stabbed twice. It was so exciting, so naturally I did not record it.

Well done guys. My runs haven't been particularity interesting so I didn't post. I did clear out the spooky castle yesterday though for the first time! Also, I had a machete.

Do you just have to hope that your black-market door spawns in a haunted jungle for the castle?

I've never seen the black market. The only thing I was in the market for...was adventure.

Absolutely unspectacular 2nd attempt:

That methodical nature is going to pay off.

I had no idea that there was a walk/run mechanic in this. That makes gameplay a lot more difficult.

Also, yay for watching daily challenge video on a level I've actually tried for the first time.

I got really greedy and was killed by the ghost on 1-2. It would have been really impressive if I had narrowly avoided it, but I didn't. Unfortunately I also have nothing to show for in terms of video as I did something dumb while messing with the settings on OBS, and only recorded audio and not video.

Does anyone have any insight in terms of does the daily challenge happen in a specific time zone or something? It is surprisingly hard to find information about this, and it has always been unclear to me how this works. I live on the West Coast, and when I get home from work and fire up a game the Daily Challenge is typically a day in advance of the day I am actually playing the game. It gets confusing!

Does anyone have any insight in terms of does the daily challenge happen in a specific time zone or something? It is surprisingly hard to find information about this, and it has always been unclear to me how this works. I live on the West Coast, and when I get home from work and fire up a game the Daily Challenge is typically a day in advance of the day I am actually playing the game. It gets confusing!

Pretty sure it resets at midnight GMT.

I had a decent run with some hard swings.  I don't understand the enemies in the temple well enough at all.