SecretAsianMan

True Game Endings

Inspired by Sean's story of how his Catwoman walked out of Arkham City and left Batman to die (episode 127), this thread is about posting a game's "true" ending.  It can be the ending you preferred, or the ending you wish the game had, or perhaps your own personal moment that ended up being your game's ending.

Since this is likely to contain many spoilers for game endings, start your posts with the game title in bold and employ spoiler tags as needed.

Far Cry 2

I'll start this off in true Thumbs fashion with a story about Far Cry 2.  This is a personal ending.  It was after I had done a mission and I was in a fight.  My buddy came and saved me and we started fighting off the rest of the enemies.  I forget how it happened, but at some point the grass caught on fire and started spreading.  As the last enemy died, I went over to my buddy.  She was dying and I had no choice but to mercy kill them.  Unfortunately, as this scene was playing out, the fire spread over to where we both were and once she was gone, I burned to death because I couldn't move during the scripted scene.  Since my buddy was dead, I got a game over.  I never went back to the game so that became my ending.

Doom 1, 2, Countless Mods

Doomguy has slain hundreds, if not thousands, of imps, Cyberdemons, giant spiders, Cacodemons, and Pain Elementals with only his wits and a rocket launcher. He's blasted spectres in the face with shotguns, dissolved masses of sergeants with a BFG.  But he can't find the red key, and can't figure out where it possibly could be. Alt-F4, never to return.

This happens to me ALL THE GODDAMNED TIME in these games. It seems to be so against their fast-paced arcadey nature. Currently stuck in Doom 2 a mere 2 levels from the end, after spending 30 minutes just pressing CTRL against every wall and surface trying to figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go.

Bioshock Infinite

I've already said this in the completed games thread but I'll repeat it here:

At the very end of the game, Booker tells Elizabeth that they should just smother Comstock in his crib. In my perfect ending Elizabeth then tells Booker "You know, that's probably not a good idea because you are Comstock and that will erase our existence."

Booker then replies with "Oh wow, I'm an alternate version of Comstock? You're right, that would be pretty stupid to kill him since we were finally just reunited and everything worked out in the end. One of these doors leads to Paris right?"

Elizabeth responds with "Yeah, we can get to Paris through this door and since I have magical tear opening powers we can spend the rest of our lives vacationing any where and any when we want."

The game then ends with them eating lunch in front of the Eiffel Tower. And Booker scarfs down a whole ********* (why can't I say p.i.neapple, since when is there a language filter on these forums?).

In Way of the Samurai 4 I do intend to get the true ending eventually, but since I haven't yet....

The government is not corrupt, it's just plain evil, the "rebels" want to get rid of all non-Japanese people in their town and want to kill this poor innocent British ambassador, his companion is a risk taker, a gambler, but not that bad... the rebels kill him and the ambassador tries to talk to the rebels to stop things from getting worse, only to have them all attack her. I admit they actually killed her and I got a bad ending, but I tried again and... we simply fled the country afterwards. It was obvious this was not the REAL good ending.

Like most Japanese games, getting the true ending is a real challenge, so I'm relatively happy with the one I got so far.

Oh, the other bad ending I got was a doozy:

Remember how I said the Shogun was evil? Well.... There is a tournament mid game and if you win they will call you to a podium... only to drop you into a pot of boiling water.

My Skyrim ending was no where near as epic as Sean's but it went a little something like this: 

After becoming an incredibly powerful mage, mastering alchemy and one handed weapons my character simply fell off a cliff and died. Sometimes life isn't fair and people rarely die in fitting ways or are granted a death that "suits" them, so I thought it was fine that my character had a misstep and fell to their death.

In all honesty I was one of the unlucky few to be really hit by the poor PS3 version of the game, and I had screen lag out the butt so after a lot of chopping and chugging I simply refused to play the game, but even if that hadn't been the case I just felt like that was the end of Skyrim for me and I haven't played since. 

Silent Hill 2

The real ending, all other endings are inferior:

Silent Hill 2's a good example of this sort of thing, because the 'bad' ending most players get fits much better, narratively, than the 'good' ending.