Bjorn

Candy Box 2

THE HOLE

You need to jump over the spikes.

Look closely at the mountains on the world map.

You know what's dumb?

Teapots are dumb.

I defeated the teapot! But the entire room got filled with Octopus Kings. Luckily I could leave the room without losing anything.

Also...

Got every chest in the hole. Without jumps, just timing and anti-gravity potions. Now that I can jump, I feel like an idiot.

I still can't solve the puzzles in the fortress. One is very high and the other... I need to be a jumping master?

Also, #~@$ the cyclops puzzle!

THE DESERT FORTRESS

way up high

you can jump on summons, so if you have an item that summons

go with tribal spear

jumping master

probably anti-grav potions might work

but if you beat the other room first, it's super easy

Hmmm. I beat the game yesterday. Felt really short, but to be fair, I didn't have much else to do. My life is a sad one... Game wasn't as enjoyable as the first one. Probably because I already expected it to turn into more and more and more. I dunno.

THE DESERT FORTRESS

way up high

you can jump on summons, so if you have an item that summons

go with tribal spear

jumping master

probably anti-grav potions might work

but if you beat the other room first, it's super easy

Hmmm. I beat the game yesterday. Felt really short, but to be fair, I didn't have much else to do. My life is a sad one... Game wasn't as enjoyable as the first one. Probably because I already expected it to turn into more and more and more. I dunno.

I just spammed clone potions....

Anybody found a non youtube video guide of the Cyclops puzzle? It's either too fast or too slow.

I just quit this game. It's just too tedious at some point.

Is there any point to throwing candies on the ground after the little face discovers the room with giant candies and starts eating them? Or does it just start repeating the *nom* thing?

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

Okay, cool. Then I'm all done with that.

Anyone know if the xinopherydon drops anything useful? I got the treasure chest below it, and I could leave at any time, but the random spells shooting out of my gloves occasionally hit him and he can't do anything to me, so I was thinking of just waiting down there and (eventually) killing him, but if there's no point to it then I might as well just leave right now.

I just cheated to get the ending... but...

What about that locked door in the village? I'm still missing a lot in my inventory apart from the strange stone I couldn't get.

There, I finished it without cheating.

I feel a little disappointed in it, to be totally honest. I expected things to get... more... bizarre, I guess? I don't know, it just didnt feel fulfilling to me. Still, it wasted a day, so thats a plus.

EDIT: That said, I still seem to be missing 4 inventory items....

Well the idea of a Candy box sequel is kind of fundamentally flawed, right? Since the whole point of the first one was surprise and discovery. This one would have to pull off some serious insanity to get that same level of surprise out of people.

Well the idea of a Candy box sequel is kind of fundamentally flawed, right? Since the whole point of the first one was surprise and discovery. This one would have to pull off some serious insanity to get that same level of surprise out of people.

Yeah definitely. I'm not surprised, but I am a little disappointed. If that makes sense.

I liked the addition of the jump, though.

It would've been BEST if after opening the box the game suddenly zooms out and rotates and you realize you're in a polygonal world built out of ASCII but you've just been looking at it from a straight top-down viewpoint and then the real game begins and it's just Minecraft except you're mining for candy and then you find special space candy in an asteroid impact crater and build a spaceship out of space candy and it becomes EVE and everyone is slowly populating this new universe as they unlock more and more levels and it's Candy Box: The MMO.

Damn.

I should go make Candy Box 3.

Yeah, this felt like a more streamlined remake. Which isn't a bad thing.

Okay, cool. Then I'm all done with that.

Anyone know if the xinopherydon drops anything useful? I got the treasure chest below it, and I could leave at any time, but the random spells shooting out of my gloves occasionally hit him and he can't do anything to me, so I was thinking of just waiting down there and (eventually) killing him, but if there's no point to it then I might as well just leave right now.

It drops a claw that permanently doubles your base weapon damage, letting you counteract the enchanted armor's debuff.