Bjorn

Candy Box 2

...that sounds like the plan of a mad genius.

Would it be bad form to slap that code into my portfolio webpage while looking for work in an effort to offset hosting costs?

I never understood cookie clicker, it seemed like a shallow CandyBox. So bring on more Candy box!

Yup.. I'm already a mess just from a couple of hours of playing this.

In the cave..

this is driving me nuts! The monkey wizard keeps jumping over me! How do I go back to dump a load of whoop-ass on that naked dirtbag?!

I started Candybox 1 a couple of days ago in prep for the new Candybox 2 launch. Is there any way to make fighting the dragon less annoying? I've beaten him a couple of times, but it just takes forever and it's boring as hell.

Liking this a lot more than the original so far. Gets to the action quicker and I've only hit one (optional) spot of obnoxious waiting/grind so far.

The teapot.

Currently stuck in a few places (BEWARE! later game spoilers):

The thwomp and spike rooms of the castle, Hell, dev room. And room 3 of the desert temple which I think I know how to solve but am not looking forward to implementing. Also not sure if it's possible/required to beat the dragon on floor 13 in the game within the game.

In the cave..

this is driving me nuts! The monkey wizard keeps jumping over me! How do I go back to dump a load of whoop-ass on that naked dirtbag?!

Have you crossed the bridge yet?

The teleport spell sold by the witch might help place you back to where you can hit it. The fireball can help you hit it sooner.

Or played with the wishing well?

Dropping chocolate in the well lets you enchant equipment, some of which give you free ranged attacks.

I keep forgetting to equip stuff. Its caused me some confusion a few times now.

I just beat the squirrel's tic-tac-toe game by playing a move outside of the play area. Am I supposed to think outside the box, or did I glitch/cheat?

I keep forgetting to equip stuff. Its caused me some confusion a few times now.

I just beat the squirrel's tic-tac-toe game by playing a move outside of the play area. Am I supposed to think outside the box, or did I glitch/cheat?

It's impossible to win at Tic-Tac-Toe if both players know the optimal strategy. Always comes out at a draw. So yeah, cheating is the correct way, like Patrick said.

I guess that makes sense. I just wasn't expecting it and it felt kind of like a bug to me.

...I guess I'm becoming boring and predictable. :P

I'm enjoying it so far, it feels more like a UI reconfiguration of Candybox than something totally different, but it's a really exciting revision.

It does get to the action quicker which is good/ bad.

It's good because probably by now we all know what candybox is about, but bad because I can't point people to it and have that crazy adventure that was in candybox one when you realize what the game is about.

I never understood cookie clicker, it seemed like a shallow CandyBox. So bring on more Candy box!

I agree. Liking CandyBox 2 though. Try throwing candy on the ground!

I agree. Liking CandyBox 2 though. Try throwing candy on the ground!

Is there any point to throwing candies on the ground after the little face discovers the room with giant candies and starts eating them? Or does it just start repeating the *nom* thing?

In the cave..

By drinking a certain potion you will face yourself, you can't win unless you have the octopus crown and if you do you'll have boot that will stick you in place, so you can blast him with fireballs.

How the hell do you enter the desert temple? I think I can see it on the map, but there's nowhere for me to click.

You need a key.

It's inside one of the chests in the hole next to the castle.

I got in there, but couldn't solve any of the puzzles, I have potions to float, but they require me to fly somehow? Or I don't get the puzzle.

That hole is a pain. You can use potions in midair, so unless I'm missing something, I'm trying to fall and click my potion at the right spot to glide over to one spot and its full of spikes and aaaargh

And now I'm in a room fighting a teapot with insane health that doesn't fight back, and the room is slowly filling up with Octopus Kings. I think its time I went to sleep.