melmer

GTA ONLINE

I'm looking to play with some fellow crew members. My PSN ID is ScreamingScarab and I am a part of the Idle Thumbs crew. Hopefully I will be on at 10 pm Eastern US time today.

I hope to see some of you on!

I finally achieved 100% completion on single player and started GTA Online last night. I'm also on PSN and would love to have some good time with fellow thumbs. My PSN ID is xXZeusthecatXx 

And weirdly, when I played last night I got put into a session with two other Idle Thumbs crew members. I didn't recognize the handles but it's good to see there are some other Idle Thumber's still playing this. 

So I got my buddy to join the Idle Thumbs crew and we've been on every night this week and should be on each evening this weekend starting around 8:30 PM Arizona time. If there is anyone out there that is even remotely interested please join us. GTA Online is stupidly fun and having more people would be awesome.

Haha, that was pretty awesome. But in 5 can the budding romance of 2 cops on the hunt be instantly destroyed by a collision with a wall? There was a song and everything.

So I got my buddy to join the Idle Thumbs crew and we've been on every night this week and should be on each evening this weekend starting around 8:30 PM Arizona time. If there is anyone out there that is even remotely interested please join us. GTA Online is stupidly fun and having more people would be awesome.

My brother and I have been on about every other night doing some streaming. What are your The New Xbox ExperienceXbox LiveGamertags? We generally play around 8-9:30 Central time. No idea what that translates to for you weirdos in Arizona.

My brother and I have been on about every other night doing some streaming. What are your The New Xbox Experience™[/size]Xbox Live™[/size]Gamertags™[/size]? We generally play around 8-9:30 Central time. No idea what that translates to for you weirdos in Arizona.

I'm on PS3 unfortunately.

Zeusthecat: I'll be on this weekend. Hope to see you on!

Sweet. Feel free to send me a friend request. My PSN ID is in one of the posts above. I should be on around 830 my time as usual.

I'm not sure what I'm seeing. Is that a dude being launched 50 feet into the air by a rocket?

He launched himself off a truck somehow. You will have to ask him how, caus I tried and just god catapulted forward:(

If you're on a motorcycle/scooter and you head on collide with a bigger vehicle you get INSANE heights! It's pretty hilarious. The height I got on that one ain't got nothing on what happened when I drove straight into elmuerte earlier that evening. I survived that fall too!

Scarab, sorry I missed you last night. I was in a matchmaking session with another friend and couldn't accept the invite. 

We need to get an Idle Thumbs crew big enough so where we need those luxury jets with all the seating.

I know GTA Online gets a bad rap, but it's pretty awesome when you get some friends to work jobs.

Yeah totally. My friend and I are on most nights so hopefully we can start lining up all of our schedules more often so we can have at least the 4 of us teaming up consistently. We just need to entice a few more people from around here so we can delve into some of the races and deathmatches.

So it turns out the bounty system is pretty awesome in this game. A couple nights ago some asshole drove up to me and killed me just as I was about to hold up a convenience store. I re-spawned nearby and was able to take him out as he tried to speed off. I then quickly got in my car and started driving through the countryside to get away from him when I received a notice that he had placed a $9000 bounty on my head. Right as that happened a bunch of NPC mercenaries that he had apparently also sent after me rolled up in vans and started shooting at me from multiple directions. Since I was still in the countryside and had minimal cover I decided to initiate a mission so I could escape from the chaos without dying and losing a bunch of cash I had on me. I ended up staying in the mission lobby for the rest of the night and logged off after playing a few missions.

Last night I logged in and I was immediately notified that I still had the $9000 bounty on my head (you don't lose the bounty unless someone kills you in free roam or you've survived at least a full day which amounts to 48 minutes). I stared at the map for a few minutes and when I saw that no one was coming after me to claim the bounty I decided to get back out of the city and drive to the northern edge of the map since most players typically congregate in certain areas of the city. So I leisurely made my way up there and found a good place to stop so I could go over some of my stats. After a little bit I switched back to the map and saw that 3 players were starting to converge on my location from various directions and they were getting uncomfortably close. So I took off as fast as I could and started heading south on the main freeway along the western coast. I paused to quickly check my map and saw that one of the guys had almost caught up to me and was almost close enough to start firing on me. Realizing that I couldn't afford to check the map any more and risk slowing down even for a second, I gunned it as fast as I could to try to get back to the city so I could take advantage of all the different routes and force him to keep checking his map to slow him down.

The chase went on for at least 15 minutes and due to the damage that my car had sustained it was pulling to the right which I had to continuously correct for in addition to swerving out of oncoming traffic and trying to cause as much chaos as I could to try to slow my pursuer down. It ended up being a flawless run and despite countless near misses I was able to make it back to my garage in the southern end of the city while driving full speed almost the whole way and made it inside right before he caught up to me. The bounty still hasn't expired yet but I'm pretty sure if I can survive the rest of it the bounty money will go to me. This game is awesome.

I love it.  I barely have played the story.  Most of my time is either messing around in the Freeroam or doing missions.

My buddy and I still play when we can but it's died down some now that I've surpassed level 100 and dumped almost 200 hours into the multiplayer. Feel free to add me anyways. My game time has been a bit more limited lately but I'm open to setting something up if schedules align.

Also, is anyone planning on buying the PS4 version of this game when it comes out later this year? I get the sense that a lot of people around here may have been holding off on getting it until the PS4/XBONE/PC version of the game came out. Personally, I've really enjoyed this game and plan to purchase it again on PS4 so I can finally play it with a few other friends that decided to wait for the "next gen" version.

Came here to see the interest here for GTA Online and loved your "after action report" on the bounty.

I just pre-ordered the PS4 version and will import by barely used 360 character. 

My buddy and I still play when we can but it's died down some now that I've surpassed level 100 and dumped almost 200 hours into the multiplayer. Feel free to add me anyways. My game time has been a bit more limited lately but I'm open to setting something up if schedules align.

Also, is anyone planning on buying the PS4 version of this game when it comes out later this year? I get the sense that a lot of people around here may have been holding off on getting it until the PS4/XBONE/PC version of the game came out. Personally, I've really enjoyed this game and plan to purchase it again on PS4 so I can finally play it with a few other friends that decided to wait for the "next gen" version.

Sweet. I will definitely be picking up the PS4 version but I'll most likely hold off for a bit as I'm laser focused on murdering my Steam backlog right now. However, if they actually do pull through and implement heists in GTA Online then I'll pick it up immediately.