tegan

Wailords Management Consortium: Idle Thumbs Pokémon

j5Pg59n.png

Pokémon X and Y aren't out for another two weeks, but I thought I would pretend other Thumbs listeners care get a head start and make a multiplayer Pokémon matchup thread, for trading and battling shenanigans. Possibly we can organize some kind of league thing if enough people show interest. Right now I'm actually trying to fill as much of the Pokédex as I can before X and Y hit so that I can have a complete archive of all Pokémon available in Pokémo Bank. I'm going to get that damned certificate this time. I've got Diamond, HeartGold, Black 1 and 2, and all of the GBA games available to me, but I'm trying to get as much done through Black 2 and HeartGold as I can since Black 2 is the one I'm using for the Bank transfer. Here's my progress checklist between Black 2 and HeartGold so far, if anyone wants to do some trading (a Skitty, Rufflet or Solosis would be appreciated).

wDTpgp4.jpg

3DS FC: 3308-4555-2546

Pokémon HeartGold FC: 2753-3565-2142
Pokémon Black FC: 4170-5458-3852
Pokémon Black 2 FC: 1292-7683-8607

REMINDERS:

-X and Y launch worldwide Saturday October 12th in stores and in the Nintendo eshop. The strategy guide appears to be available Wednesday the 16th, possibly to evolve spoilers.

-The Shiny Giratina event at Gamestop and EB Games has started in North America. You can pick one up for free by using Mystery Gift at any store location.

-The Pokémon X and Y special edition 3DS XLs are out. They're glossy red or blue with a metallic silver Xerneas and gloss black Yveltal screenprinted on them. They look really nice and they're not nearly as limited as the Pikachu 3DS was, so if you were waiting for X/Y before picking up a 3DS, this is a good choice.

-The Pokémon Global Link will be closed for maintenance throughout half of October and then phased out for an updated X and Y equivalent soon after. Details here. If you want Dream World Pokémon, now's the time.

I haven't played Pokemon since the original Red/Blue, but as I recently got a 3DS, I'm thinking about grabbing X or Y.

I am going to catch all of them?

I'm planning to buy X or Y! I've tried picking Pokémon back up throughout the years, but it's always felt too samey. Hopefully this time it'll be different enough to make me happy.

I am going to catch all of them?

I can almost guarantee you are not. :getmecoat

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I've had a productive day!

RMEjDrb.jpg

Currently looking for anything from the Spheal line and any wayward legendaries anyone might be willing to give up. 

I'm powering through black to the point where I can get my guys off of Heart gold. I really wish that Heart Gold was compatible with Pokemon Bank. 

I ordered Y.

I actually could use a couple of Eevees. I wish I had a Dream World female for breeding, but at least I got a sweet Magic Bounce Espeon out of my Dream World male.

Hmm, I guess I might trade in my Animal Crossing for Pokémon X/Y... I still have no idea which version to choose though. Last time I choose black because all my friends had White... and we never traded. :|

EDIT: Wait... The game is out in two week and they won't tell which version has which exclusive Pokémons yet? How am I supposed to choose!

Hmm, I guess I might trade in my Animal Crossing for Pokémon X/Y... I still have no idea which version to choose though. Last time I choose black because all my friends had White... and we never traded. :|

EDIT: Wait... The game is out in two week and they won't tell which version has which exclusive Pokémons yet? How am I supposed to choose!

Thus far we know that Xerneas, Swirlix, Clauncher, and Mewtwonite X are X-exclusive while Yveltal, Spritzee, Skrelp, and Mewtwonite Y are unique to Y. I'm picking X because I really like the idea of a Fairy-type legendary, but I've been really tempted to get Y.

The reason for the unusually tight lips this generation is more due to both a simultaneous global launch and the fact that nobody's been able to hack 3DS carts, so there's no data dump beforehand like there has been in the past.

If you want some Eevees I have something like 70-80 of them from like 5 years ago when I wanted to get the right nature for my Vaporeon

I have like... 200 zubats from when I was trying to make a Crobat with half-decent IVs. They need to really add bulk-release to the box system. :(

Thus far we know that Xerneas, Swirlix, Clauncher, and Mewtwonite X are X-exclusive while Yveltal, Spritzee, Skrelp, and Mewtwonite Y are unique to Y. I'm picking X because I really like the idea of a Fairy-type legendary, but I've been really tempted to get Y.

The reason for the unusually tight lips this generation is more due to both a simultaneous global launch and the fact that nobody's been able to hack 3DS carts, so there's no data dump beforehand like there has been in the past.

Knowing this, X is definitely my choice right now. I'm a big fan of Xerneas and Clauncher. Swirlix is pretty cool too.

I've never played a Pokemon game but I'm tempted to get X/Y.  I'll probably end up getting Y, but between work and moving I won't have time to play for many many weeks.  Hopefully you guys can take pity on a rookie trainer who's a month (and several years) behind.

I will say that I like both of these cover legendaries leagues more than anything since Lugia and Ho-oh.

I agree. I've been pretty ok about the Pokemon design in the last few generations (I know many people weren't), but with the exception of the legendaries, and stupidly enough, even more especially the legendaries they put on the game covers. I love the look of Xerneas though. I'd like to see more of Yveltal in-game, or at least in more context; her design isn't nearly as strong and appealing at first glance as Xerneas' but she still looks more promising than most.

I was about to say I'd like to see more of Yveltal's sprite, and then got a bit sad that I never would. And then I realized that this exact sentiment is part of why and how it took so long for Pokemon to embrace the third dimension.

The thing that makes me not want to try and collect them all is trying to snag all those oddities that are only given out by going to the stations in stores. That being said, I'll see if I can dig out my copy of Black tonight and send over anything I have that you're missing. 

I forgot to post an updated version of that list! Here we go:

DUXXEEO.jpg

I've been getting help from a few friends, but any help is appreciated.  I completed the "seen" part of the New Unova dex last night, so that's a start.

I bought a 3DS XL today, basically so that I can play Pokemon.

3DS FC: 4098-3516-2510

Makin' POKÉBABIES. Also trading, evolving, playing Dream Radar, etc etc

5wijRfY.jpg

So is anyone else playing a Gen V game right now? If so, I think we should do an Idle Thumbs friendly with Little Cup rules: The only Pokémon that are allowed to participate are those that are the first stage of an evolutionary line with more than one member. Level cap of 5. It's honestly my favourite way to play, since it basically all comes down to breeding interesting mons. Any takers?

So is anyone else playing a Gen V game right now? If so, I think we should do an Idle Thumbs friendly with Little Cup rules: The only Pokémon that are allowed to participate are those that are the first stage of an evolutionary line with more than one member. Level cap of 5. It's honestly my favourite way to play, since it basically all comes down to breeding interesting mons. Any takers?

I'm taking a break from Black, 5 badges, I can get to route 15 at a later date.

I would definitely be down if I already had a selection of interesting pokemon to fight with. As it stands, X/Y will be out by the time I've bred a little cup team I'm happy with.

I never got into breeding that much in Black, so I don't think I have anything that fits the bill.

OK, I've reached the part in the game with the breeding center, since I don't know the compatibility yet, you'll have to wait until I find a Ditto to trade my starter's baby and all that.

All of your talking about it made me think it was out in America, too, so I put money on my 3DS and prepared to buy it. ):<

Oh well, it's out tomorrow.