JonCole

Walking Dead, Mark of the Ninja, Bioshock 2, The Cave vets form Campo Santo

Oh man that's not bad. Then you wouldn't have to change any existing dialog.

I hope it's just the fart track from Wet Hot American Summer.

There's an awesome ongoing video series about Gordon's inner thoughts: Freeman's Mind.

That art definitely looks like a Campo Santo. All my theories about everything have been confirmd.

If campo santo created any Half Life content it would be a talking mod for Gordon.

here is the corresponding

Idle Thumbs 148 "accidental" leak of website URL an honest mistake or a crafty new path to the ARG for those who heard it???

This rabbit hole is deeper than we know.

here is the corresponding

Immediately followed by "discussion" of The (Great) Game. Surely another aspect of the ARG... it's been happening for years and we never knew.

What in god's name is going on with those slides? Is this some Macintosh sorcery standing between me and this presentation? Even the images in the data folder seem to be too small for me to properly practice frottage wi appreciate.

Now we have two competing versions of the song, with Tylea002's Flogging Molly-esque take and Chris's shanty. I suppose the sea shanty version is probably canon.

Now we have two competing versions of the song, with Tylea002's Flogging Molly-esque take and Chris's shanty. I suppose the sea shanty version is probably canon.

I have a ballad version of the song on my computer, but I haven't posted it because I am in no way a singer and the melody goes past my range.  :cens0r:

Post it anyway!

Official canon is that the song's traditional melody was never recorded or written down, and probably changed as it passed from ship to ship, so the validity of any particular rendition must be assumed true.

Official canon is that the song's traditional melody was never recorded or written down, and probably changed as it passed from ship to ship, so the validity of any particular rendition must be assumed true.

Yesssss. Campo Santo lore department confirmed.

So, I was inspired by Chris, Tylea002, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and I made my own little version of the Campo Santo shanty. It's not ideal, but for a few hours work I'm totally fine with it:

'ere was a time I first heard of the land, and the legend, and the treasure, but I thought she was only a way of talking. Bored sailors, sick with rot gut. A song for birds. "Campo Santo." Bah.

I saw 'er tho', one long night, when the moon is too large in the sky
and when the wind is but dead and the ocean is too much, even for an old hand.

She sat there on the 'orizon. 
ye can't but reach out and hold 'er,
but she'll never be yours.

My friend Jared, who does music and voice work on a lot of Telltale games, had some off time this week and also made a Campo Shanty. A good stoic crew-rolling-through-a-storm rendition. The number (and quality) of covers of this song are incredible.