JonCole

Walking Dead, Mark of the Ninja, Bioshock 2, The Cave vets form Campo Santo

A group of industry veterans whose work includes The Walking Dead and Mark of the Ninja co-founded a new development studio, according to a post on the new studio's official blog.

Campo Santo's staff includes former Telltale creative director and designer Jake Rodkin, designer and writer Sean Vanaman, as well as Mark of the Ninja lead designer Nels Anderson and artist Olly Moss, who's worked with Lucasfilm, Studio Ghibli and others.

Campo Santo's first game is "being both backed by and made in collaboration with the stupendous, stupidly-successful Mac utility software-cum-design studio slash app/t-shirt/engineering company Panic Inc. from Portland, Oregon," Vanaman wrote.

Source: Polygon

Discuss.

My reaction: WHAAAAAAAT

Edit:

Here's the Campo Santo's website: camposantogames.com

Edit 2/6/14:

Here's the new website (it's been up for a while, I've just been lazy about updating this) - camposanto.com

Also, Chris Remo is now an employee of Campo Santo! Also also, I updated the thread title to reflect the new employee's origins as per the Campo Santo About page and what I know about Chris Remo.

Haha I was about to post the same thing, including reaction! Next Thumbs episode should be a good one...

Another group of devs from well-known studios break off to form their own thing? UGH. What are they going to do next, make an awesome game that I will evangelize about to all my friends?

Seriously, though, can't wait to see what's coming.

Jake put up a really good fight, but you finally got him in a team of lords. Good work, and well fought.

This is pretty sweet. I wonder when we'll hear more, and whether they formed around a specific project, or something less concrete, like the goal of revolutionizing the way we consume digital entertainment.

Oh, man! Famous Video Games Studios! Sweet! Congrats and good luck on the new venture, fellas.

Interesting name by the way. A fancy way of saying "graveyard" in spanish. 

Edit: I can't wait for Gone Home: Ghosts Edition

I've often wondered if the guys would ever create their own indie dev studio, only last week when Olly was on the cast I thought they could enlist him to do the art....Then BOOM

(FYI This is my idea, I'm claiming it, someone's going to owe me royalties somewhere down the line)

Really happy for them!

No love for Nick? :)

Oh man.. I hope this will be some visual puzzle adventure game thingy in classical Olly Moss style.

Also, I can't help to think Jake and Sean said: "Congrats Nick, we're leaving him behind at TellTale" ;)

They're looking for a 3D artist OCULUS RIFT CONFIRMED

That kinda puts my initial fear of 'god I hope they don't make a free to play iPhone game' at rest

PS4 please and thank you

I'm guessing these are some of the names/logos they went through before arriving at Campo Santo:

JW3AWy6.jpg

Ba5TgXg.jpg

ho36Ti4.jpg

Taken from their new twitter account.