Sign in to follow this  
pj-

New Psychonauts screens..

I don't speak foreign either. So, who does speak foreign here? Is there an Foreign to English translator out there?

The screens look too many-coloured<insert better word here>, but I bet it doesn't seem so during gameplay (Chris?).

WOW! Look at those cute italian-boots-style heels on the little guy in the first screenshot! I love it!

I was waiting three years on the NHS for that appointment... and for what?

I got Babelfish to translate it from Dutch, resulting in a confusing mess that told me to "Celebrate coloured new screenshots of DF's Psychonauts". The text itself seems to have no new info on the game, but these screenshots rule. They seem action-packed and platformy, which is quite different from most of the shots I've already seen. Nice to get more of an idea of the big console-platformer aspect of Psychonauts.

Has anyone seen this box art? Not sure if it's the finalised thing but it has same the logo design from that Dutch site with the new screenshots.

I doubt the box art has been finalized (or even started) at this point. Either way, though, I suspect that's not what it will look like. It's kind of cool in its unorthodoxy though. I wouldn't mind seeing box art like that.

Has anyone seen this box art? Not sure if it's the finalised thing but it has same the logo design from that Dutch site with the new screenshots.

That can't be finalized. WHERE ARE THE EXPLOSIONS?

I doubt it is going to be the original box art because I have seen that same picture knocking about for months now, since before it was canceled by Microsoft, I think.

EDIT: Changed 'I doubt' to 'I do not believe', as Chris had already used the word 'doubt' just before me, twice.

I'd way rather have the Mission Impossible style logo from that E3 trailer way back in 2002. It was much much cooler.

I agree, that was the best logo by far. This one, at least, is better than the one displayed on the Double Fine products page.

I hadn't seen it before, but I assumed it was some kind of placeholder. Maybe a cool box art would be like the logo at the end of the trailer - there's a black silhouette of Raz with his goggles as yellow circles, yellow lines around his head (signifying mind powers), and a kind of globe thing behind him. Just put the trailer on and jump forward to 1:00.

Without really knowing what the game is really like to play it's hard to say what kind of box art would suit it though. Needs to look ultra-cool to shift lots of copies though.

* Edit: Whoa, tabacco and Chris just posted the same thing whilst I was typing, everyone loves the trailer logo! For the record, I also dig the logo on the products page. Not that keen on the 'new' one as seems more generic and less to do with the game. The trailer logo has the 'spy' feel to it, and the website logo (whilst a bit too complicated for a box) has the mind-power-aura type thing going on.

That picture of Raz concentrating that 1up is using for the box art is an old concept art piece that was on Microsoft's Psychonauts page. It's probably not going to be the box art.

The screens look too many-coloured<insert better word here>, but I bet it doesn't seem so during gameplay (Chris?).

The word you want is gaudy.

I don't think gaudy is what I meant. I think gaudy means something like 'many-colored and tasteless'?

Aah... motley is what I meant, I think. Probably.

No, I think in reference to those shots gaudy makes a lot more sense than motley.

EDIT: not meaning "tasteless" in this case though

If you say so. I used a dictionary and really don't know the nuances of the words in English.

The game looks EXTREMELY colorful.

I've not really followed much of the progress of Psychonaughts, but it does intrigue me. Especially due to it being a Tim Schafer title, and the fact that a lot of you guys are marking out about it like high school grads!

I'm sure it'll do well, but I'm gonna wait to see a bit more of the game, before I jump the gun, and be... :bomb:

What are you talking about? Us? Harping on about Psychonauts?

No way.

What are you talking about? Us? Harping on about Psychonauts?

No way.

Like, totally.

As if.

Side-Note: Dear Idle Thumbs,

I noticed the Gooooooooooogle adverts in the upper

right corner of the forum are currently advertising

a 'huge range of Scottish and Irish kilts'.

I did not know there was such a thing as an Irish Kilt.

In fact, I did not know that we had or wore kilts at

all, here, in Ireland.

Thank you,

Rusalka C,

Secret Russian Spy Headquarters,

Left after Anthony's Pub,

Ireland