melmer

PlayStation+

You lucky pup

Enjoy! You should play uncharted 2 before 3! (Also to get uncharted 3 working you need to download the f2p multiplayer thing)

I bought the 1 and 2 double pack. Until that comes in, I have Last of Us that I got at PAX and Journey to play.

I bought my Vita because of all the free Vita games I had and I think I've heard others in these forums who did it too for the same reason.

I was another one. Turns out I'm very happy with the machine.

I love my vita, I almost all my gaming on it now. I was just thinking earlier how much of my PS4 gaming will end up being streamed to it?

October US Lineup is awesome:

Sine Mora - PSV

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - PS3

Poker Night 2 - PS3

Shadow of the Colossus - PS3

Hotline Miami - PS3/PSV

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a very long somewhat interesting RPG with a new take on the generic fantasy world. I know there's a lot of people who don't like it, but I thought it was unqiue and well worth a try.

It's looooong though, way longer than it needs to be. Do yourself a favor and skip most of the sidequests.

Edit: Hmm Shadows of the Colossus. I just got done reading the thread on that, so I've had most of it spoiled for me. Additionally, I got two colossi into the PS2 version of the game then quit in frustration. Still could be fun though....

ooh SoTC. I remember performance (framerate/lag) being pretty awful on the PS2.

The HD is real good, speaking from having been involved in playing it earlier this year.

Being involved in playing it? Was that oblique choice of words intentional?

Not trying to be a semantic hardass, just curious.

There was a idle thumbs game playing thingy where we played SotC together, 1 colossus per week. (I failed to complete it)

Yeah, I never completed the game back in the PS2 days, stopping around 8. Earlier this year, there was a form-based group playthrough of SotC, which prompted me to actually finish it. I played the HD version this time, and it's really good. You should play that shit if you never finished it before. Or just read the thread from the spring. Whatever. I can't tell you how to live your life.

Yeah, I never completed the game back in the PS2 days, stopping around 8. Earlier this year, there was a form-based group playthrough of SotC, which prompted me to actually finish it. I played the HD version this time, and it's really good. You should play that shit if you never finished it before. Or just read the thread from the spring. Whatever. I can't tell you how to live your life.

Or can you...?

Yeah, SotC alone makes me want to sign up for PSPlus this week. If I actually finish the bloody thing it makes more sense than buying it AND I might go crazy and play Hotline Miami on a console. Although I'm struggling to find time to play GTA V...

EU update for Nov

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Annoyingly again i have played both the PS3 offerings for next month (can't really complain, i need to stop renting games) But i'll give both the Vita offerings a bash

I came very close to playing Strangers Wrath about 5 years ago, a friend was singing its praises and lent it to me but there was no backwards compatibility of the xbox disc on the 360 for it

Really? This is pretty sweet deal, these are mostly games I would have eventually bought at a very big discount, eventually, so getting them in PSN+ is perfect.

Excellent selection, I've fancied both the PS3 games but not enough to actually pay for them. Motorstorm RC is secretly one of the best games on the Vita too, it's crossbuy so do you not also get the big-console version with it on PS+?

Crossbuy means you get the PSV version with the PS3 version, not the other way around. This is evidenced by the fact that there are PSV retail versions of crossbuy games without crossbuy.

Once again, EU kicks the crap out of US but I'm not really complaining. It just seems like on the whole, you guys get newer titles faster than we do. I don't know if that's just because SCEA is worse at locking up these titles than SCEE, or because SCEA is saving those bigger, more recent titles for later because PS3 may have a somewhat longer tail in the US since EU will quickly adopt PS4 by comparison.

Yeah, while there are titles that if you buy the Vita version you don't get the crossbuy deal, but it's uncommon. I have RC Storm from some other promotion, if you can't find any info on it, I'll check on it at tell you if it's crossbuy or not.

So as HASHTAG DRIVECLUB has been delayed we'll be getting Contrast as our day one PS4 PS+ game. I'm okay with this, i'm sure actually this is just a reshuffle in the schedule and that Contrast would have been available through PS+ at a later date

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

i wonder if the PS4 offerings will differ from EU - USA. i predict the '1 Indie game' per month will be the same worldwide for the foreseeable future... until Sony start lagging behind in one region and needs more impressive offerings

I'm overseas and will be away from my PS3 for at least the next six months, but for some reason (absence makes the heart grow fonder?) decided last month was a good time to subscribe to PS+. It's pretty fantastic value, especially for Australia considering most retail console games stay at $60+ for years. A single decent game each year would mean breaking even, and I already have half a dozen queued up to play when I get home.

Having to use the godawful online store still makes me sad, though. Apparently I can't "purchase" (for $0) MotorStorm RC, even though it's in the instant game collection this month. I can click "Try Free Demo" and add the trial to my download queue, but presumably that means I'd need to pay to unlock it when I get the chance next year. It's not that big a deal, but does anyone know a way around this? Perhaps I should try and pick up a Vita sooner rather than later...

I saw that. But I ended up getting it through the PS3 Store. Still only gives the option to download the trail, but when purchased it adds the PS3 and Vita unlock files to your download que.

You should try going through checkout with the trail it might add all the files you need to you download que. And if not, when you finally get back on your playstation redownloading the 'purchased' trail might give you all the files then

Hmm, the Halloween sale has all the House of the Dead and Resident Evil shooters on sale, are they worth it if I don't have a Move controller? Do I just need to buy the wand or do it need a camera too?

Do I need anything else to use PlayStation Move?

The PlayStation Eye camera is required to track the PS Move motion controller's movements, which is why you have the option to buy both in a bundle. Alternately, you can buy one from retailers for £24.99. If you already own a PlayStation Eye camera for PlayStation 3 then that will work fine.

http://uk.playstation.com/houseofthedead/

Ps eye required :(

Huh, I didn't think you would, you didn't need a cam/sensor to play house of the dead on the dreamcast

In that case I don't think its really worth it. Could get the cam secondhand for cheap