Sno

Hyper Light Drifter

Also for the record healing wasn't instantaneous in the initial release. I don't know exact numbers, but feels maybe 3/4 of how long Estus takes in DS1? I haven't played since that patch, but it feels a weird design choice to me.

Oh interesting. I didn't know that. That would really change the feel of combat in the tight areas, but in most big arenas you can skip away to safety for a long heal.

Yeah, it was a big adjustment for me first playing that the dash let you go through enemies but didn't give you any invulnerability -- they ended up changing one of those, and not the one I personally would have chosen, but probably better than the way it was on release overall. 

I also didn't know this was changed. It still lets you pass through enemies as far as I remember, although you're not invulnerable to projectiles. I know this only because I've dashed into some a few times.

I beat North earlier today 100%, I felt it was much easier than the East. I still need to revisit there and get the 8th node and some keys / gearbits. I think I will do that then go West!

I just finished this. Bosses were good. I have no idea what the story was? Does this game have a fez style cryptic alphabet or were activating those obelisks utterly pointless.

There is a language, and also scanning those obelisks unlocks some costume. But I never really understood what the fill story was.

I started playing NG+ today. It's still really good! I would like to find everything, but I doubt that'll happen. IT's actually kinda huge.

Has anyone done the second stage of the dash challenge room? Do you need to do 1000 because fucking fuck that

I started playing NG+ today. It's still really good! I would like to find everything, but I doubt that'll happen. IT's actually kinda huge.

I definitely did not get anywhere near everything without walkthroughs.

I recommend getting at least 12 of the key-chips to unlock the door in town, though.

And yeah, 800 for the second stage of the challenge. Gives you an outfit that halves stamina consumption, which is anywhere from extremely to marginally useful depending on your play style.

Does the fucking dash work consistently now? I might buy the game again if pressing a button actually results in an action on screen.

West boss defeated. I was so close 2 or 3 times but he ended up taking me about 8 tries. Definitely the hardest so far, but still very manageable. Now to find the rest of the gearbits, keys and nodes!

I can't beat North boss on NG+. One mistake and I'm dead. Maybe I should leave it and come back once I have the shotgun. That thing does so much damage it makes short work of bosses.

Damn, missing two monuments, one node (purple thingy) and two keys.. I know most are in the east but how am I ever going to find them. I am going to have to follow a guide and comb through the entire area again...

I attempted the final boss. Man, its tough. I beat all the others within 2-10 tries i'd say, but one mistake and you're done.. I am trying to memorise the attack pattern but I still can't get it. I get about 1/3 health left and loose it. 

Maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

I can't beat North boss on NG+. One mistake and I'm dead. Maybe I should leave it and come back once I have the shotgun. That thing does so much damage it makes short work of bosses.

So one thing I picked up from watching speedruns is to constantly be hitting the starter gun and sword at the same time as you're railing on the bosses.  Haven't played the game in a few months, so maybe they've changed some things.  All the same, I hope that helps?

Yeah i went straight to the east on NG+ cause i had a feeling getting the shotgun asap would make my life a whole lot easier

(it did)