Has anybody else played this yet? I saw a single article on RPS a few months ago and grabbed the free download, but since then I've seen very little fanfare over the project.

The gist is that you're exploring a tiny star system in your own personal space ship. Full Newtonian physics is in effect, and you can land on the different little odd-ball planets and slowly unravel this story about this alien race. You can walk around inside your little ship, and have to step outside to repair it if you bump into too many things. There's also a cool probe tool that you can launch into space and then hit a button to snap pictures from it.

I won't give too much more away, but it's an amazing and confident exercise in non-linear storytelling combined with some cool mechanics that lead to emergent situations.

http://outerwilds.com/

I really like the idea of the universe being stuck in a time-loop and exploding every 20 minutes. I'm interested to see if anything carries over with each loop, like in that Star Trek:TNG episode.

When the trailer pulled out of the planet, I was just like 'Whhaatttttt????!!!!'. Im defiantly gonna try it out.

I landed on my planets moon! Saw a satellite and made my way there, little did I know I was getting caught in the gravity of the sun and crashed right into it. Thus ended my first expedition.

This game is rad, I'd love to see them update the art/presentation a bit and tighten up the controls. I'll keep playing with it, but it's pretty neat.