tegan

Keiji Inafune's Mighty No.9

MM10 felt really rushed to me, i didn't much like it.

MM9, by contrast, feels like a lot of pent up ideas, those levels are so carefully considered. They're playing around with the language of Megaman games in some particularly cruel ways that will really get you if you've played a lot of those games and are operating on an educated set of assumptions about how it will work. It's a really challenging, awesome game, and it definitely feels like a huge labor of love.

I backed this even though I'm not a Mega Man nut. I've played 1 and 2 only, and that was on the 3DS eshop earlier this year. Both are great, though I'd have never finished them without save states. I might pick up 3 sometime next year to whet my appetite for this.

I've only played 9 and I only managed to kill like 2 or 3 bosses. Tell a lie a have also played a megaman game on the DS... And again I didn't really get very far :/ which is unlike me as I am an actual game genie

I backed this even though I'm not a Mega Man nut. I've played 1 and 2 only, and that was on the 3DS eshop earlier this year. Both are great, though I'd have never finished them without save states. I might pick up 3 sometime next year to whet my appetite for this.

I remember Megaman 3 was the first game in the series that I managed to complete as a kid, although I think that was in no small part due to certain cheats you could exploit with a 2nd controller.

I beat Mega Man 2. It must be insane the amount of free time you have as a kid. I remember it took me FOREVER to get decent enough to do that. 

The first Megaman game i played, Dr Wily's Revenge on the gameboy, i was never able to beat as a kid. I always got stuck at the final boss. So when i decided on working my way through the NES series later in life, i surprised myself by blowing through the six NES games in only a few sessions of play. (I will say that Megaman 2 is by far the best one, 1-3 are all worth playing, and 4-6 are just rehashing 3. Those later games are still totally competent, just stagnant.)

I beat Mega Man 2, 3, X, X2 and Legends. I also backed the hell out of this. It's at $1.5m already, so I think those console parts are pretty likely to happen.

I have never beat a Mega Man. Ever. I'm still going to back this eventually, though. Those concepts just look too good!

Y'all need to find a copy of Anniversary Collection and go play some old-school megaman. The PS2/Xbox versions are only like $20, and those games hold up incredibly well.

Y'all need to find a copy of Anniversary Collection and go play some old-school megaman. The PS2/Xbox versions are only like $20, and those games hold up incredibly well.

There's also a Gamecube version, for what it's worth. Great way to go back and play those games.

I don't know if this is the case on the other platforms, but on the Gamecube version, the jump and shoot controls are backwards and can't be customized. That made it pretty much unplayable for me.

Looks like they've hit their third stretch goal.

The way they're going to handle NG+ sounds really appealing.

Ah cool, they're moving the consoles stretch goal closer: (from the latest backer update)

The Mighty Masses have spoken, and with one voice you shouted: CONSOLES!

OK, well actually you shouted a few different console names, but we digress... The point is, you all made it perfectly clear you have a Mighty urge to play Mighty No. 9 on systems other than just your PC/Mac/Linux box! You want to experience this genre the way you remember: sitting on the floor, looking up at your 17" tube TV, Capri Sun at the…wait. OK, maybe not exactly as you remember it, but close enough: nice and comfy, on your couch, playing on your full TV setup. (Those of us not lucky enough to have a nice PC-to-TV setup, at least!)

Of course, it's no surprise our backers would request Mighty No. 9 for console systems -- they are the traditional home for this genre, after all -- but what we weren't prepared for was the intense, consistent, all-consuming passion you did it with! We realized the other stretch goals we had planned would be more welcome after this overriding priority, where they wouldn’t pale so much in comparison.

And that's why we’re happy to announce that, because of your feedback, we are officially pushing back the unannounced "???" goals in order to move the making-of documentary $250K closer, and yes -- the PS3/360/Wii U versions of the game $300K closer as well! :D As for the tiers that follow, we're currently revisiting our longer-term stretch goal plan based on this big change as well as other ideas we had (and of course, your feedback).

It's strange to me that there's such demand for PS3/360 versions when their projected release date is off in 2015.

I know right? They'd be stupid to make a WiiU version instead of a 3DS. I'm hoping for a PS4/Vita cross buy

Also, since I backed this I've been racking my brain about a mega drive game where you play as a chicken in a space suit, what the hell was that called... found it. Alien soldier

I have played that Treasure game! I have a hard time wrapping my brain around all the gravity swapping, but it's pretty amazing.

As for ports, i'd really like to see Mighty No 9. on the 3DS, just because i've always most associated the Megaman games with Nintendo handhelds. (The portable classic series, a couple remixes of the X games for the GBC, the Zero games and a port of Megaman & Bass on the GBA, and then the ZX games on the DS. Not to mention the RPG's and their own spin-offs. That series had a long, long history with Nintendo handhelds.)

Oh dear, poor timing

Shantae kickstarter, they must have been planning this for months. Might have been wise to wait until the mega man kickstarter finishes, I might pledge...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I backed them, why the hell not. I would definitely have not backed them if I hadn't backed mega man... Maybe there's something in that, other people might be in a platformer backing mood

Really enjoyed that panel, mostly just because the enthusiasm in the room is invigorating. It was so fun to watch the people's faces in the room as the Kickstarter trailer ran because those are truly the people that Inafune was talking about when he said people were waiting for this.

Damn, it looks like it won't reach the Vita stretch goal... Which is the version I want the most, 2D games look gorgeous on the Vita.

I recognise some of the people in the audience!

A super-short, super-rough engine test Inti Creates made in just seven days to see if Unreal would be viable for Mighty No. 9. To be 100% clear (caps lock on!): THE GAME WILL NOT NECESSARILY LOOK LIKE THIS VIDEO, MOVE LIKE THIS VIDEO, OR ACT LIKE THIS VIDEO -- THIS IS A COMPLETELY ROUGH TEST ONLY, MADE IN LITERALLY ONE WEEK, USING ALL PLACEHOLDER ASSETS AND ANIMATION just to test how parts of the engine work. With no shaders, filters, or even models and key art in place yet, normally we would never show anything like this since it's not representative of the final game at all, but in the spirit of this Kickstarter in showing how the game is made, even from the very earliest steps, we thought it would still be pretty cool to see a glimpse of Beck moving around in the engine (even if it is a placeholder Beck, moving through a placeholder level with placeholder enemies and animations!).

So it's no longer 2D? Dang! Well, I guess then I don't really care if I get it on the Vita or not anymore. :|