clyde

Pinball Club

Alright, my opening highscore.

luhRVgx.png

I've started the kaboom mode a couple of times. But I have no idea how to shoot the dynamite. And there are a few modes which I haven't figure out what to do with. No time to read the texts. I managed to get a 4 ball multiball, not fast enough to get the 5th in.

Pulled some beginner luck last night and grabbed a pretty decent score.  I presume it'll get crushed as the event goes by...and i dont improve much.  But it was great fun, yay pinball!!

clyde - when you get CINDY the small bumpers in the middle of the field get red dots and need to get hit for a mutliplier...pretty tough location - need to almost get a lazy hit from the upper right flipper

I also got kaboom a few times and Cindy just ate it on the dynamite.  I also struggle with the WANTED mode, but probably also relates directly to my skill level

I managed to shoot 1 dynamite stick today. I think you need to hit the sharpshooter while it's in the air.

YryCwPI.jpg

is my current highscore. I won my first duel tonight.

I've started the kaboom mode a couple of times. But I have no idea how to shoot the dynamite. And there are a few modes which I haven't figure out what to do with.

It's delayed, but a blue triangle designates which ramp you have to hit in order to shoot the dynamite. I usually trap the ball and wait for it to start flashing. It's a long mode though, a lot of these modes require a lot of shots and that makes it a really difficult table.

I like that all the modes are started in different ways rather than having one central thing you have to do over and over to start the various modes. I figured some stuff out. The kickbacks are activated by shooting all the yellow posts with the tiny stars under them, then shooting the "kick" gobble-hole and the "back" gobble-hole. Unfortunately it activates the left kickback first; the right outlane is killing me, I'm constantly losing my balls there.

clyde - when you get CINDY the small bumpers in the middle of the field get red dots and need to get hit for a mutliplier...pretty tough location - need to almost get a lazy hit from the upper right flipper

It seems like ball-saves might be a good way to hit those spot-targets.

ugh, the modes are difficult. I almost completed one. I like how there are three different skillshots.

Also, I won the game:

Ur3U13w.jpg

Cm0nster pointed it out to me that a volley between the slingshots are often the last thing that happens before the ball drains out the right outlane. I had a good game immediately afterwards.

gu2YTes.jpg

I didn't manage to get a single skill-shot of any kind (though I tried for the super skillshot every time), but I did a multiball and completed both the jail-mode and the train-mode. I got two kickbacks during the course of the game and at least one extra-ball. I'm still not sure how to light extra-ball.

My time for playing pinball is pretty scant at the moment, but I did manage to play for about half an hour today. Cool table! I like all the little details and the sound-effects; the rootin-tootin' cowboy theme just works for me and I vastly prefer the colour scheme to Moon Knight's "grey on grey". I'm having trouble reading the messages that come on the dot-matrix viewer and also the bandits which sometimes appear blend in a little too well with the background.

Love the minigame on the train, but only managed to make it to the second carriage. In fact, I didn't complete any of the challenges, but I had a ton of fun working out how some of them are activated. Look forward to playing more of this :tup:

Fuck that right drain. And damn the modes are difficult. So far I've only managed to finish 1 main mode, and so close to completing other main modes and submodes.

Timing and accuracy is really important for the modes on this table.

Aw crap, I missed the bundle :(

I've still got some codes for tables, including the current one;

- StarWars Balance of the Force Pack

- Iron & Steel Pack

- Civil War

So if you need it, just PM me.

I've been getting 15-18mil regularly, just waiting for that special game. I found out that activating a kickback once they are both activated gives you 1mil. Also I'm starting to really learn how the ball returns; some of the ball-returns can reliably send the ball to be trapped by either flipper depending on whether or not I do a dead-flipper pass. This is very helpful during all these timed modes.

I keep waiting for a breakthrough on this table but no, it continues to be the hardest table ever. That right outlane. Can someone please tell me how to avoid it? Someone other than clyde who says he doesn't do any shots that make the ball hit those stupid guns that bounce it right into the right outlane every fucking time, cause I can't avoid those shots. I tried nudging while it is happening but I think I might be making it worse. Meanwhile today I hit 9 million and finished my first mode (some kind of bar fight) and felt really accomplished. 

Uqn7DnD.jpg

This is two super-skillshots, and a bunch of partially finished modes. I don't think I completed any of them in this a playthrough, but I might be mistaken. The mode where she says "Guys always think they can just beat a girl up... they finally learn... after the third time" feels like it is rather high-scoring. Actually I think I completed that one once and then just got a lot of hurry-up points the next time.
I've started to avoid the exploding-barrel mode, the force of the blasts is just so dangerous for a few of the barrels in the center. If I start the mode, I try to finish it, but I try not to start the mode.

The method I've developed is similar to the method I have on other tables, I try to activate both kickbacks first and then complete as many modes as I can. There are a lot of shots I still have trouble with on this table (mostly the Jail-shot and that captive ball on the right side). During this playthrough, I was successful in a Duel where the pop-up target was in the left orbit; I hit the target and the ball bounced straight down the center drain.Maybe next time I will try to hit that target by going up the right orbit.

I plan to get 32mil tonight after I get home from my job. So make sure to get at least 35mil.

I'm having trouble breaking the 10M the last few days :/

Cm0nster doesn't appreciate my advice, but I really don't let the ball hit the slingshots much anymore. I've developed certain paths on the table (often involving the upper right flipper) that pretty much eliminate the slingshot volleys. It's made a huge difference for me since the right outlane is not as much of a problem. So now it's just a matter of getting better at the modes and figuring out how to light extra-ball (I still haven't figured that out).

I am not really good enough at photoshop to make a photo of cindy wearing my socks telling clyde that he won like he made but congratulations on that score on the hardest table ever. yeah

I enjoyed that tournament a lot. I wouldn't have spent a week focusing on that table without it and now I have a satisfying familiarity with it.

Let's have another week-long tournament. Does anyone have suggestions for which table we should play? Maybe the tournament could run from April 10th to the 17th?

I would enjoy playing a StarWars table. Here are some initial impressions of three of them:

-Darth Vader has a lot of satisfying long shots, but it's very red.

-StarFighter Assault has a lot of wild effects and logic that I'm interested in exploring, but there is a lot of movement on the table that isn't the ball and that can be distracting.

-Return of the Jedi is colorful and I'd be interested to get used to that upper-mid playfield. I progressed pretty far in the Scene1 mode and it seemed to keep going for a while, it would be fun to see all the scenes.

I'll have to take a look at what's out there. I do have the next week off, so it would be a good time to fit in some pinball between stints of Dark Souls.

My vote is NO on Darth Vader, way too red. The other two are cool. Star fighter seems good if we want a challenging table because it seems like I am never going to start a mode with those upper play field combo shots, and the other seems good if we want a table that has some easy but fun shots.

I want to choose a table soon so I can make the poster today. If you have any opinions on the table choice, please voice them soon.

Scoring in this one doesn't look that difficult. My opening highscore:

uqusgf1.png

I played for the rebels. I finished mission 1, and did a few attempts at mission 2 phase 1. It look like you also need to make promotion to get additional missions.

I wonder how much different the empire game is.