clyde

Pinball Club

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it looks like in some cases you can stack multipliers. In burning mode you can earn a lot of points when you keep hitting the left orbit, and when you do this after completing a task which gives you a bonus game you get even more points. Today I managed again to get 10M (I think) points with a single orbit shot.

I'm not sure if it only counts when getting burning mode after completing coffin dodgers.

I was scared of Morpheus and had never attempted his mission. Today, I got my mission started really early so I went for him, figuring if I screwed up I could just start over. To me, it seemed like the best mission of the bunch. Super clear indicators of what spots to hit, some choice there as well, and juggling the different tentacles was really cool. I didn't end up beating my top score, but I'm glad I tried it.

With that, I pretty much feel like I've done all I really want to on this table. I might take a couple more shots at it here and there, or I might hit up some of the other Marvel tables that came with the Season 1 pack I bought.

Z2tc96e.png

Two letters (Black Spectre + nightmare multiball) away from wizard mode!

I realize I've never once activated Nightmare Multiball, which apparently happens when the on-table clock strikes midnight?

I keep getting timeouts in Black Spectre, resetting which lanes are available, and I think putting me in walking dead states where I don't have enough time to finish the mode? Is how fast the lane lights flash the only vague indicator of how much time I have left to take a shot? Is there a global timer which limits how long the mode runs or just a relative timer that resets or refills after shooting an active lane? Far cry from the visual clarity of Morpheus' tentacles or the blunt hovering numbers in that one car chase mission.

I keep getting timeouts in Black Spectre, resetting which lanes are available, and I think putting me in walking dead states where I don't have enough time to finish the mode? Is how fast the lane lights flash the only vague indicator of how much time I have left to take a shot? Is there a global timer which limits how long the mode runs or just a relative timer that resets or refills after shooting an active lane? Far cry from the visual clarity of Morpheus' tentacles or the blunt hovering numbers in that one car chase mission.

I think it's actually tied to the battle animation. It seems like you have to make at least one of the lit shots before the Black Spectre strikes Moon Knight each time the Black Spectre is winding up to attack. So it's kinda like each shot is an individual short timer (I think).

Edit: Maybe not. Also I just noticed this:

hiST89w.jpg

I don't think that will be part of my strategy.

Today is the day. I fully intend to get wizard-mode before midnight. It's time to get serious dude.

Slightly improved my highscore today

6TwQPEK.png

Still not enough. It's simply not happening on this table today. I keep missing my shots.

I captured my last session, check out my l33t skills at 18:00. That's worth bonus points right?

Decided to play one more game. I cannot believe how long I lasted with ball one. Also, scored 2 extra balls. I didn't do much special, hardly any missions. So bad news for you Clyde:

FUvuY7l.png

We enjoyed watching you play. It was interesting to see how differently you play than Cm0nster and myself. You rarely trap the ball and not once did you use a dead-flipper pass, so your game is much faster paced. Also, in the first half it seemed like the right-ramp was your bread and butter, but it was interesting to see how your accuracy on the right decreased once you became acclimated to the left (I might just be imagining things). Shooting at the right-ramp or right-orbit is how I lose 90% of my balls. I hit the post between the ramp and the orbit from the left-flipper and it goes straight down the drain, so it was weird to see you casually make right-ramp and right-orbit shots so casually.

I depend on dead-flipper passes a lot especially during timed modes. It can be hard to get used to at first, but you might want to look into seeing what it can do for you.

Now if you will excuse me, I have less than three hours to get wizard-mode.

It feels like dead flipper passes in Pinball FX2 almost always go high enough to hit the bumper. I use them a lot in real life, but have a tough time making it work for me here.

Go ahead, ask me what time it is.

I got a Midnight Multi-ball that lasted for 40million points worth and I have no idea why it started; that's where the high-score came from. But I'm more proud of this 69mil game where I lit all but two letters. I just needed Stock Broker and Silent Pursuit (the Marlene is in a van mission). I lost the ball during the last Silent Pursuit shot. I can't complain, I got three extra-balls in this game and I'm not sure how to get extra-balls. Moon Knight remains largely a mystery to me. If I ever do manage wizard-mode on this table, I'm posting in this thread about it.

UoQPlNt.jpg

Couple of things:

-I'm interested in having a tournament next week. Taking table-nominations.

-There's a Pinball FX2 Hunble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

-I'm thinking changing the thread title to "Pinball Club: [table name]" for the tournament to attract more participants. Thoughts?

I bought the larger Marvel pack for Moon Knight, but I haven't been trilled with any of the other tables I've tried in that set.  

I have to try the new bundle tables. But I guess the gratis Arabian Nights of Pinball Arcade is still a candidate.

So I have gift keys for:

-StarWars Balance of the Force pack

-Iron & Steel pack

-Civil War

Send me a message on Steam if you want any or all of these.

I've played a bit of Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy. The guardians table is madness :) You start off with a 60 second multi ball. The Walking Dead one was ok.

I also have spare keys for:

- StarWars Balance of the Force Pack

- Iron & Steel Pack

- Civil War

The Wild West Rampage table (part of Iron & Steel Pack) is pretty fun to play. It doesn't look like there is a single mode select, you simply have to collect the letters through various lanes/ramps to start the mode. And there is also a 6 ball multiball (I think). The modes feel quite samey, as they all involve shooting various lane/ramps. I don't think I completed a single mode yet. This table doesn't have anything really special going on as far as I can tell. No additional playfields. And hardly any fancy animation stuff.

Would you prefer the wild-west one or Tales of the Arabian Nights for this week's tournament. I'll make a poster for whichever one you choose.

I just played it a little bit to try and find a pun or something for the poster. The ball getting thrown out the window is pretty cool and I was surprisingly unprepared for the protagonist to jump down onto the playfield and run across it. It was shocking to me in a way that the animations typically aren't.
I'll put up a poster tomorrow and a post that explains that we still have codes for this table.

85EPNpw.jpg

The table is available at the lowest tier of this week's Humble Bundle.

There are also some giftable Steam keys for the table floating around, so just ask if you want to participate and you need the table.

This is a fun table. It seems like there are a lot of potential paths for combos using the upper right flipper.

I haven't figured out what to hit once "CINDY" is lit.