SecretAsianMan

PAX Prime 2013

Posting here in case anyone is still reading:

For the people who are already in Seattle, I'll be in the downtown area tonight, wandering from bar to bar. If you want to hang out, shoot me a message! Best way to contact is twitter (sorry) --- @sarahargodale.

I was thinking that a good way of coordinating where to meet might be for all of us to connect on Google+. They have a pretty great locations service where you can share your location on the fly with certain people or circles. If we started a PaxThumbs circle and connected we could all meetup without having to send tweets of photos and street signs.

Best way to reach me is also twitter - @dualhammers

Well I just landed and got to my hotel. Seems like I missed out on the fun tonight, but maybe I'll be there for future nights if they happen!

I'm @theoneguy.

I'm also fine with Google+.

If any of you fine people strolls by the Riot/League of Legends booth, I would be eternally grateful if you could pick me up a skin code (they should be handing them out).

There was a skin code in my goodie bag, not sure if it was the same one. What one are you looking for?

Also, Molenuex showed off Godus publicly for the first time. Game looks awesome and man is he charismatic in person.

Yo, play owl boy and resister and report back.

Edit remove crazy drunk comment :) my head hurts. Hope you guys are having fun

Was there a minute or so after seven. Still don't see anybody! Did everyone move on too another spot?

Apologies to anyone who missed the meet up and for the compete lack of organization. I was not expecting 20+ people to show up so I failed to reserve anything. I will try to be in the same spot tomorrow at 7, but I want to go to the Giant Bomb panel so I'm leaving at exactly 7. If anyone wants to meet there or after we can try that too. I'll be the Asian guy in a red shirt with a red backpack.

There was a skin code in my goodie bag, not sure if it was the same one. What one are you looking for?

Riot/Pax skins I have:

- Graves

- Sivir

- Nasus

- Jax

- Rammus

If it's not one of those I'd be more than happy to paypal/steamgift you something :)

This is probably too last-minute, but whatever:

I'm not at PAX this year, but I will be showing my latest game WE ARE DOOMED at the Seattle Indies Expo. SIX is happening tomorrow, it's free to attend, and it's right next to PAX, so you guys should stop by. More info.

If you do come, please find my table, play, pick up a snazzy card, and definitely say "hi!" and let me know your a Thumb! I'll be the guy in the magenta Noby Noby Boy t-shirt. :)

PAX is winding down now (I'm sitting in the PC freeplay area at the moment).  Thanks to everyone who came to my horribly organized meetup.  If I try to organize one again next year, I'll probably reserve some space.  Special thanks to Argobot, Squid Division, and Dualhammers for putting up with me and Chris for being around.  It was a good time as always.  Now back to my regular life.  Sigh.

I just want to say thanks so much to Argobot, Squid Division, SecretAsianMan, and all the rest of the Thumbs I met for making it a wonderful first PAX. Especially SecretAsianMan and his batter-powered backpack. He is the raddest of dudes.

Especially SecretAsianMan and his batter-powered backpack. He is the raddest of dudes.

In addition to being deep fried, my bag also contains a battery. A delicious, delicious battery.

But seriously, I still owe you a drink. Hopefully next year.

I had an awesome time at the meet up, even if we ended up splitting after Gameworks didn't work out. I think you'll find it near impossible to get that many people in a reservation on a Friday night in Seattle, a lot of places don't take reservations on Friday and Saturday night.

Anyway, it was great running into folks I recognized at the DF panel and the Hard Rock Café later.

My PAX highlights (before I forget)

Completely screwing up a meetup that I suggested.  Apologies to the Lord Remo.

Streetpassing.  A lot.  Went from 0 to 800+.

Hearing Marc Laidlaw (writer at Valve) praise Gone Home during a panel on storytelling in video games.

Hearing the sniper from TF2 get eaten by a giant space arachnid.

Being part of a 5 minute standing ovation for Ryan Davis at the Giant Bomb panel.

Seeing Brad Shoemaker almost fall off the stage while a complete stranger is grinding his butt against him at the Giant Bomb panel.

Hearing Patrick Klepek recommend Idle Thumbs to someone who asks for podcast recommendations (and thanking him after for doing so)

Talking to Greg Kasavin for 10 minutes at the Supergiant booth

Seeing Argobot's name pop up in Papers Please while standing next to Lucas Pope and saying "Hey, I know her!  Deny her!"

The Double Fine party

X1OUQ5q.jpg

Getting on the top 10 leaderboard for Pikmin 3 (at least on Saturday)

Seeing an Omni in real life

Watching Spy Party at the final round of the Omegathon.

PAX was great and I can't wait until next year (when I'll hopefully be less stressed out over the complete lack of income)!

Fun meeting all you PEEPS.

I'm the thumbs-up in the back of that picture. I was like "I'm tall, I'll go to the back." MISTAKE.

Also, I saw Greg Rice get off my plane earlier today, but he was like six rows ahead of me so I couldn't say hello.

Sorry I forgot about the meetup :(

Out of curiosity, who was the person in the Thumbs 'Top Gun' shirt I saw at the JS Joust tournament? I'm assuming it's someone from the forums from way back :)

No, it was Saturday afternoon in the queue room. I didn't make it out to the park.

Well shit, I should have checked this thread before PAX. Enjoyed both Chris's panel (Double Fine) and the GFW Brodeo panel.