Sign in to follow this  
Frenetic Pony

Dragon Commander: Obama's Wrath

So.... uh. Yeah.

See there's this game. Dragon commander. Dragons have jetpacks. It's an RTS. The quicklook opens with something that actually has to do with the title of this thread. Just... go watch

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-divinity-dragon-commander/2300-7793/

Yeah, it's an RTS where you have to listen to an sentient skeleton's opinion on implementing government run healthcare. I mean, fuck the RTS portion right? Where's like, the game that is entirely this. The sort of, modern political slash Crusader King's 2 mashup set in this fucked up steampunk dragon with a jetpack fantasy universe. That's what I want, that's what I'd buy.

Hmm, anyone have any opinions on the old Divinity games? What I saw in the quick look made the world look really interesting, but the gameplay maybe not.

The first couple of Divinity games are sort of like Diablo but with more quest/narrative stuff. It's comparable to some Ultimas I believe. If that floats your boat they're well worth checking out, otherwise there's some pretty decent let's plays of them over yonder

http://lparchive.org/title/divinity

I own Divinity: Dragon Commander. An old classmate from the HKU designed it, so I followed this one a little. What I really like about it is how it mashes all these different genres together. I get the feeling the 'dragons plus jetpack' thing is just an easy hook to get people enthused for it, but beyond that there's a real ambition to craft something novel and exciting - almost in an oldschool way. I have to respect that.

I haven't been able to play it though, since my video card is way too old by now. Gotta upgrade first, so I can't say how good it is yet!

The first couple of Divinity games are sort of like Diablo but with more quest/narrative stuff. It's comparable to some Ultimas I believe. If that floats your boat they're well worth checking out, otherwise there's some pretty decent let's plays of them over yonder

http://lparchive.org/title/divinity

The third game in the series is a decent third-person action-rpg as well. It was released twice under different names (first as Eco Draconis, then as The Dragon Knight Saga) owing to the number of bugs in the first release. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the world tremendously.

The next game in the series is returning to the Diablo-like feel of the first two, I believe.