melmer

The Wolf Among Us

Also, I'm enjoying the rediculous argument floating around that the nudity scene wasn't needed, and that it somehow was the cause of the delay and a waste of resources.  You could tear someones arm off in Episode 1, but god forbid there's some casual nudity.

Man that second episode felt like it was cut short.

Yeah it did. At a little under and hour and a half, it may be the shortest episode of any Telltale series to date. Geez. Such an abrupt ending, too. Not that that's abnormal for Telltale, I guess, but combine it with the shortness and it just felt awkward. And I don't often complain about length, but it really did feel too short to me. Sad. ):

All that said, still really enjoyed it. Still love the style and everything. Rad.

I thought the second episode was slightly disappointing compared to the first...

Having Snow killed off like that was a very well pulled off event. It hit powerfully, but without just plain overdoing like The Walking Dead where death became so common it became rather predictable. Then to just pull back and say "nope didn't happen!" also pulled back on the personal involvement and hook for the entire mystery. Faith only appears briefly, so her death isn't nearly as much of a hook as Snow's was, or rather could've been.

I also got annoyed that it feels like there isn't much of a failure state. The "investigation" of the motel room feels rather silly and perfunctory, and

When you get to smash up the guys (Georgie?) strip joint... it feels like maybe they want you to feel like you could fail without smashing it up just a little, but when you get to the end of sequence it feels like you didn't have to after all. Rather than feeling bad about smashing it, it just made me feel tricked by the designers. Like, I wanted there to be a real choice there, to be too nice and not get an important part of the mystery, or to take care of business and get what you wanted. That would've been a really interesting choice, but if I'm right, and it feels like I am, then it was just a false choice to begin with.

re:smashing

I did no smashing whatsoever (mostly because I was curious, as I definitely wanted to do smashing), and I got the information I needed. You are correct. There's no real choice.

I played through Episodes 1 and 2 yesterday afternoon :). I really love the style and atmosphere, as well as the writing. Episode 2 could have done with more game though :).

Major Episode 2 spoiler:

I've seen plenty of comments round the net complaining how obvious it was, and how they guessed from halfway through Ep 1.

I think they are talking nonsense.

Crane is clearly a wierdo pervert, but not the killer. In fact I think he's the real target for the messages.

--- If he were the killer, why would he be in a surveillance shot?

--- Maybe Lily could have set up the shot, and Crane got wind of it... in that case, Crane would have taken the photos with him

--- The killer obviously knows that the second victim wasn't Snow White. However, planting the head would likely expose Crane's tendencies. 

Has anyone read the books? I'm very tempted to give them a try now :)

I've read a decent amount of the books, I'd recommend them if you like the game, though I'd also recommend stopping after the first big arc (It's like 70-80 issues so it's still a lot to read)

I've read a decent amount of the books, I'd recommend them if you like the game, though I'd also recommend stopping after the first big arc (It's like 70-80 issues so it's still a lot to read)

Thanks! I read somewhere that reading the books might spoil the game a bit, since it is a prequel. I'll hold off until I've finished the game, maybe :)

I too am enjoying this series. I also felt Episode 2 seemed slightly short, but I also felt like it was a bit tighter, which I liked. It does seem like some of the choices you make are a bit false, but I nonetheless appreciate the fact that I can be rough with people. Bigby don't got time for their crap! My favorite thing by far though about the series is the style, color, and lighting, especially that title music and sequence: so good!

I finally got around to playing this episode. I liked it a lot and it seemed to me that it was around the same length as episode 1, but I didn't think episode 1 was super long. At the very least I thought it ended at a really good point.

Regarding Bluebeard and the question asked earlier (this isn't a spoiler) : He's really rich, as in super really rich.

The style of this game goes a really long way for me, like you guys have said. It's just a fun game to be in, regardless of what you're doing.

So in any game where I have to make decisions I pretty much always make the decision that I personally would make, but in this game I think I've been making some sort of effort to chose things based on what I think Bigby would do, having read a lot of the book. A lot of times there's are really do different from what I would choose so I might start a parallel play through playing as myself and seeing if anything changes (not that I really care, I'm enjoying the story and if everything ended up being exactly the same I won't care if the episodes keep being good).

I too am enjoying this series. I also felt Episode 2 seemed slightly short, but I also felt like it was a bit tighter, which I liked. It does seem like some of the choices you make are a bit false, but I nonetheless appreciate the fact that I can be rough with people. Bigby don't got time for their crap! My favorite thing by far though about the series is the style, color, and lighting, especially that title music and sequence: so good!

Same!

Episode Three came out out today. I played through it tonight and continue to enjoy what Telltale is delivering with this.

Yeah, I dug episode 3 as well. I like how complicated the characters and their motivations are, how you think someone is a complete scumbag and they say one thing and you go "oohhhh..." and realize where they're coming from. 

I chose one dialog option by mistake and I wish I hadn't! Wanted to get that sweet sweet extra dialog. Also I moved a few scenes on quicker than I would have liked without being able to check everything first. Sucks because I really enjoy the characters and the world a lot and want to spend as much time investigating them as possible. 

Some spoiler stuff about what I chose and felt about things:

I spared Tweedle Dum, and I was so close to killing him, but I thought about it for like 2 seconds and decided not to kill him. I was so close... and I kind of still wish I killed him. It was really satisfying to unleash the Big Bad Wolfiness and attack some dudes. Bigby is a really fun character to play as. Telltale is really good at creating likable characters.

The only thing I'm pissed at myself about is I basically told Snow White to fuck off when she asked about the anger I had. I panicked at picked that option. I wish I had picked a different one now, I wanted to see what else they were gonna talk about.

Also Bloody Mary is a really cool villain in the game. Neat that they're using her as a Fable, also she scared the shit out of me when I was a kid so it's like double cool.

Playstation is having an Easter sale in the EU with the season pass at like 40% the original cost, i think its time for me to jump in! and its cross buy for vita. Bonus!

oooops

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/09/playstation-store-easter-sale-begins-today/

looks like the vita thing is a typo, its not even on vita

anyway, heres the link to the eu store

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-wolf-among-us-season-pass/cid=EP2026-NPEB01881_00-B000000000000718

Are a lot of people playing this game? Feels like I'm having a lot harder finding people to talk about it with on the internet (not that you cats aren't doing a great job!)

I'm waiting for the whole season to release.  Even if I buy a game like this midway through, I want everything out before I start.

Are a lot of people playing this game? Feels like I'm having a lot harder finding people to talk about it with on the internet (not that you cats aren't doing a great job!)

I'm playing it as it gets released, but my game-playing time is getting cut short with all of this obnoxious work stuff. I made it as far as the credits, was enjoying myself, then realized that I should be doing other things. I'll probably try to finish episode 3 tonight if all goes well.

I'm playing it, but I haven't been playing each episode right when it's released. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm not in a super big hurry to play it as soon as I possibly can, probably in part because prior to this I had gotten to the point where I had read all the Fables I ever wanted to read and stopped.

Speaking of the comics, is it worth reading? I hear it drops off, but is there a good amount to read? I'm really digging the world and would love more. I don't LOVE comic books, but I'm kind of jonsing for more Fables.

Yeah, if you like this then I would definitely check out the comic, at least for a trade or so. When I say I had enough of it and then stopped, I mean I read it for over 6 years.

I read them for awhile, until the story started shifting up to big picture stuff (the war with the Adversary).  It's not that it turned bad, I just found the smaller, earlier stories a lot more compelling than the grand arcs.  I'd certainly recommend checking them out. 

Sweet. Should I worry about spoilers for the video games? I'd be willing to wait until the video game story is over, though that might kind of defeat the purpose.