Sign in to follow this  
Squid Division

Phantasy Phootball Online MMXIII

Out of curiosity, how many people do we have here that would be interested in a casual Thumbs fantasy football league? 8 teams is kind of the minimum for an enjoyable league, and 20 is the maximum possible.

I guess this would be a good place to ask... what is fantasy football, and how does it work?

I've heard the phrase a fair amount, but no one I know has ever participated in one, so in my mind its just "something sports-minded people do in movies".

I would be interested. It looks like we won't quite have enough to roll in my other forum.

I guess this would be a good place to ask... what is fantasy football, and how does it work?

I've heard the phrase a fair amount, but no one I know has ever participated in one, so in my mind its just "something sports-minded people do in movies".

Basically you pick players for your team, and the website tracks their stats throughout the season. The stats give you an amount of points per player, and those are added up to a team total for the week and if you have more points than your opponent for the week, you win the week. If your win/loss record is good enough, you go to the playoff tournament and play your way towards the championship.

I would be interested in this, I've always had a casual interest in amefuto, and been curious how fantasy football works.

You can trade around players week to week, as well as pick up players off of free agency. With the major talent rolls (QB and RB) most people will stick with the same couple all year, but you can see some major turnover for WRs and such depending on how their team is doing, who they're playing against, etc.