stewmull

MO MONEY MO THUMBS - PAYDAY 2

I agree the weapons look dumb but I'm also about function over form so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Speaking of willpower, I'm now past the halfway point in terms of getting to the max possible level (I'm III-83 as of right now).  I've been grinding XP by doing the Hoxton Breakout and Hotline Miami jobs over and over and over and over and over and over... and over and over.  I'll occasionally try to break it up with something else but those two seem the most efficient (getting over 1 million XP on overkill difficulty with the right circumstances).  The fact that I don't own the Hotline Miami DLC also means I'm not hosting which means I have to deal with certain kinds of people I'd rather not have to, although it's not a very frequent occurrence.  I'm getting tired of this pattern but I also don't want to leave it half finished.

I hit 100 for the 4th time last night.  Probably going to start progressing toward the fifth tonight, but I also maxed all the perk decks and am probably going to mess around with those a bit first.  I did a quick respect toward a dodge heavy loadout with akimbo pistols which is proving surprisingly fun and effective.

The game and all its DLC are on sale today as the daily deal. If you've been wanting a DLC, they're almost the cheapest they've ever been. Even the recently released historical pack is on sale. I've been playing a lot since I got it and it's really fun. I've mainly been playing with the SA Goons but if you want to get a Thumb game going add me on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xtanstic/

Finally got to V-100.  Now I'm not sure what to do with myself...

Two words: cheev ohs.

Q1nV2WQ.png

Don't stop until you curse Big Oil with a thousand lifetimes of hatred.

Dr. Miserable isn't so bad with a good team. We got it on the first try... it only took us an hour...

UJzMqSC.jpg?1

Oy1JZU2.jpg?1

Some new DLC was released yesterday.  It's a new heist and a new character.  The heist involves stealing a diamond and the character is an Irish female named Clover.  She comes with a new mask, weapon, and perk deck.  There was also an update to the game that adds the ability to create and save skill/perk builds.  HoxHud had a similar option built in but it cost money each time you switched because the mod would refund and repurchase the skill points every time you switched.  The new native version doesn't cost money to switch.  Once you make the initial investment you can switch between profiles without penalty.  You get 2 slots for free, the third and fourth cost offshore money, and the fifth is tied to an achievement.  The achievement for the fifth slot, Tabula Rosa, requires your entire team to do the Hoxton Breakout job on at least Overkill (three skull) difficulty with no skills, in suits, and using the Golden AK and Chicago Typewriter.

I haven't tried any of the DLC (and probably won't buy it unless it goes massively on sale during the Steam winter sale).  I'd like to try for the Tabula Rosa achievement but I'd much rather do it with a group I know than with randoms.  Based on the requirements of the achievement, the best way seems to be everyone using the Rogue perk deck and a healthy dose of luck.  If anyone would like to try any of this stuff, I'm game.

I might be up for trying for Tabula Rasa.

I played the Diamond Heist with my brother a bunch last night, but didn't manage to complete it because it was getting late, and I was getting tired and frustrated. It's a bit like Shadow Raid, in that there's a bunch of things to get and ways to get them, but there are enough guards and civilians around that you have to be very careful or willing to go loud. The final room also has a randomized floor-plate-triggered poison gas trap/alarm thing. Tripped it once when by brother wasn't paying attention and just ran into the room, and a second time when there was a miscommunication about the safe path. And then I gave up because it was late, etc.

I gave it a shot last night. It seems do-able but we wiped and were too tired and frustrated to give it many other shots. In theory it should be equal or easier than a DW run. The main issues we ran into was the lack of ammo (conserve your ammo, ignore far away cops and focus on immediate threats) and dealing with shields/dozers with no HE or snipers (judicious use of grenades here and classic flanking). Besides that, treat it like a DW run and try to push ahead of the car and don't fall behind. The main danger zone is once you get into the parking garage. Grouping up is key. Day 2 should be easy if you dupe the cards and open Armory, Infirmary, Ops, and then Objectives. If you guys need a 4th I'll be happy to give it a shot again.

Yeah, today is best for me. I'm a little busier the rest of this week. I hope this isn't a case where we're all just being too passive to actually be the one to start the game.

Xtanstic, do I have you on my Steam friends?

Clover_mugshot.jpg

Police Department:/ L2Research.

(I'm just kidding, i know they did this because it would have been confusing to put "Gardaí Síochana Baile Atha Cliath" on the sign)

Two words: cheev ohs.

Q1nV2WQ.png

Don't stop until you curse Big Oil with a thousand lifetimes of hatred.

Despite my normal tendencies, I've actually started doing this.  There are a bunch I don't plan on ever bothering to get but some of the interesting ones I'm going for.  Just last night I managed to get Tabula Rasa with a random group.  One thing that drove me nuts though was they kept saying it "ta-bool-a" instead of "tab-u-la".  Even after I explained what the phrase means.

*looks around to see if Gormongous is going to correct me*

Despite my normal tendencies, I've actually started doing this.  There are a bunch I don't plan on ever bothering to get but some of the interesting ones I'm going for.  Just last night I managed to get Tabula Rasa with a random group.  One thing that drove me nuts though was they kept saying it "ta-bool-a" instead of "tab-u-la".  Even after I explained what the phrase means.

*looks around to see if Gormongous is going to correct me*

Fiiine, I won't. You're just doing the medieval versus the classical pronunciation anyway.

Some more DLC out now.  A new heist and character.  I haven't tried the new heist (I haven't even done the Diamond yet).  The new character also adds a new perk deck which makes you more resistant to damage at close range.  I kind of wish I'd gone for the difficulty completion achievements back before all these new heists came out.  It's so much harder now that all these new jobs exist that I can't  do myself.

I've played them all but don't have them yet because I'm waiting on a sale. The Diamond is quite fun both stealthed and loud. I enjoy the Dockyard, though stealthing is a tad annoying because of the guard density leads to fail cascades. The one time I played the Forest map, I got dizzy because of elevation and weird geometry. I've hit V-100 and still play a lot. I mainly play with SA Goons but if you ever want to get a game going just shoot me a message.

Anyone have an opinion on this new Hype Train event? I was super into playing this game nightly but the bulk of recent DLC has sort of driven me away. I was at a point where I felt pretty sure of the nuances to each heist and was getting a ton of enjoyment out of helping new players. After 300 hours I had something like 95% of the cheesemints (achievements). I had also bought every DLC pack up to the Diamond. Now I just feel burned out, I have zero interest in playing a heist on Death Wish again.

I thought that the event was a bit lame at first, but once they could finally reveal it was a Hotline Miami 2 crosspromotion event, the inflated numbers did not look so egregious. I ended up caving and getting a Completely Overkill pack today along with all the DLC that was on sale today. Finished up the last 2 achievements I needed tonight just in time for new infamy levels!

odmHLHa.png?1

I actually uninstalled it a while ago.  It's good that they're going to continue supporting it and 2 years is certainly a long time.  I'm just not sure that I want to get back into playing it.  Unless they made some pretty big changes/fixes to the mechanics, additional content like maps and characters isn't going to appeal to me enough to come back.