stewmull

MO MONEY MO THUMBS - PAYDAY 2

It stopped! I'm making my dinner at the mo. Not sure how epic it would be with 2 people:/

Well, we've got a few people snooping around the thread here! 

James is waiting for the game to install.

I would like to give a Forums Shoutout to Dinosaurs for walking me through some stuff last night and putting up with my insane mic issues. Looking forward to more!

Last night I started messing around with another HUD mod called Pocohud.  It's similar to HoxHud in that it provides additional information.  Some of the added info is useful, some not so useful.  It has options to automatically type certain events into the game chat such as when a drill has finished or someone gets downed.  A less useful example is the option to type statistics such as accuracy and dps into the chat.  All of those can be turned on and off.  The main thing I like about it is the option to show the status of buffs.  For example, Inspire (a high tier Mastermind skill) lets you yell at players and increase their movement speed for a few seconds.  Pocohud will actually show you when you are under the effects of this buff, as well as many others.  Pocohud is compatible with Hoxhud so it's possible to use them both at the same time, although you'll have to do some configuring in order to not have HUD elements overlap or duplicate elements show up.  I have a selection from each turned on.  Using them both puts a LOT of information on the screen so I wouldn't recommend it to newer players because it's quite overwhelming but if you're like me and want to know all that stuff I recommend checking it out.

Apparently you're all just a bunch of lords of Payday and know how to do everything with barely a hiccup. Weird contrast to the last time I played with other people I know and we'd finish most heists but rarely with stealth. I think I succeeded in stealthing something once.

Very weird.

Apparently you're all just a bunch of lords of Payday and know how to do everything with barely a hiccup. Weird contrast to the last time I played with other people I know and we'd finish most heists but rarely with stealth. I think I succeeded in stealthing something once.

Very weird.

To be fair, the ones we did were the easy ones (Jewelry Store and Diamond Store).  I'm complete shit at stealthing the harder ones like Framing Frame and Shadow Raid.  Besides, I think the funnest part of the evening was the loud and crazy Hoxton Breakout we did where I managed to get two people out of custody within minutes of each other.  Also I have a whole new appreciation for the pistol skills in this game.

I've been playing the past few days with 2 buddies and it's the opposite experience for us. Anytime we try and stealth or case the joint we immediately get our cover blown and we have to shoot our way out. Granted we're all new and in single digit levels. I can't wait until we can get heists running smoothly. We're already slowly getting there as we get more familiar with the maps. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to latch onto your games and I can see how it's really done.

To be fair, the ones we did were the easy ones (Jewelry Store and Diamond Store).  I'm complete shit at stealthing the harder ones like Framing Frame and Shadow Raid.  Besides, I think the funnest part of the evening was the loud and crazy Hoxton Breakout we did where I managed to get two people out of custody within minutes of each other.  Also I have a whole new appreciation for the pistol skills in this game.

Yeah, having a pistol with a good ammo-to-damage ratio makes the Mastermind class have crazy legs. For most of the second act of that Hoxton mission, I only whipped out my primary when there were more than half a dozen guys who all need to be dead tout suite.

When I played with my friend after I left you guys, he insisted on doing Shadow Raid. It's actually very easy if you have insane patience, which he does. We played it on the base difficulty and made out with about $1,500,000 easy, so I guess the lesson is that having a guide who knows the ropes of the level is everything.

Very weird.

Love you too, Twig! I got to hear what you sound like for the first time. You sound like a dude.

Yeah, having a pistol with a good ammo-to-damage ratio makes the Mastermind class have crazy legs. For most of the second act of that Hoxton mission, I only whipped out my primary when there were more than half a dozen guys who all need to be dead tout suite.

When I played with my friend after I left you guys, he insisted on doing Shadow Raid. It's actually very easy if you have insane patience, which he does. We played it on the base difficulty and made out with about $1,500,000 easy, so I guess the lesson is that having a guide who knows the ropes of the level is everything.

I was initially dismissive of the pistol stuff as gimmicky because its my default position in shooters that pistols should be gotten rid of ASAP (with a few exceptions, the biggest being Halo).  But after having been through the majority of other weapons and builds, I decided to mess around with the pistols and have to admit to being pleasantly surprised.  They're a lot of fun.

While I CAN do Shadow Raid, I hate doing it because its so tedious.  One bit of advice regarding that mission in particular.  Since its a mandatory stealth, there's not a lot of difference between the difficulty levels since those settings primarily affect combat.  The biggest change is the minimum number of bags you need to escape (3, 5, 7, 9, and 12 in order of difficulty).  On Death Wish difficulty, cameras become indestructible and a guard will spawn in the left alleyway but that's about it.  So if you want to maximize the payout by getting as much loot as possible, its not substantially harder on a higher difficulty.  The same is true for pretty much every mission that you only plan to do in stealth.

I love pistols in competitive shooters because they're a great way to develop your skills by staying away from really high ROF + accurate weapons that are so enjoyed by many in Call of Duty and the like. Very little is more satisfying in COD than taking out a SMG-wielding parkour wannabe with a crappy pistol.

Is Shadow Raid easily soloable? I did it once as part of a team that pretty much pulled 95% of the weight, so I have no idea if I could do it for shit and giggles by myself.

My general playstyle in these types of games tends more toward mid-long range weapons so assault/sniper rifles are my usual weapons of choice (although in a PvP environment I'm a terrible sniper).

In some ways Shadow Raid is actually EASIER to do alone.  You aren't going to be taking out many guards because there are more guards than there are pagers you can answer and you don't have to worry about what someone else may be doing.  Of course fewer people means fewer bodies to carry loot and spot guards/cameras so there is a tradeoff.  I'd say the biggest downside to doing it solo involves a glitch.  If you buy the thermal paste asset, you get 2 of them but there are more than 2 places it can be used.  If you have more than 2 people and you all take the paste at the same time (usually synchronized using the in game clock), the game will give everyone the item.  I don't know if this was ever fixed but it worked the last time I tried it a few months ago.

Hah, those are the only two I ever TRIED stealthing in the past. No wait, there's one with the trains on a track and you start like down by a river and you have to bring all the... I think they're weapons? Down to the boat. We must've tried that one for hours before we finally gave up and gunned it.

Anyway, I'll gladly play again, it was just sort of overwhelming how clean the, uh, operation was.

Also my weapons suck and I have no idea what's good or bad. And I sort of panic-picked all my skills since I hadn't played since last time they reworked the trees. I'll need to actually look at them and remember/figure out what they all actually do. I had a sentry gun?!

Also I got like five levels last night so that's cool.

I've been playing with a couple old high school buddies for the last few days. They've been playing for a while now, and have their coordination and execution down to a science. We've been stealth-running the Bank Heist and Diamond Store missions on Death Wish, and are usually out in under 10 minutes. It's a little weird trying to find something to do while the vault drill is running, since there are no police to contend with. I've climbed from level 38 to 75 in the last couple of days doing that.

In my experience, every stealth mission is as easily soloable with one person as with a team, with the following exceptions (and they all have to do with the same principle):

1. Diamond Store is tricky with one person, but still achievable. It has the most dispersed amount of civilians, and unlike the standard Bank Heist, they're very difficult to isolate. This means that once you finally make your move, there's a moment of very hectic "crowd control" (read: mass murder).

2. Four Stores is either extremely simple to solo on any difficulty under Death Wish due to the presence The ATM, but stealthing it on the highest difficulty actually requires a ton of coordination (for not much payout). It basically becomes a game of trying to destroy every camera on the map before your ECMs run out, murdering every civilian in your path, and then hoping against hope that you have time to answer both pagers on your own (isolating the first guard before beginning the ECM rush may be a necessity).

3. GO Bank is likely the hardest stealth mission whether you're doing it solo or with a group. The reason, all too common, is again civilian traffic. This is one of two maps on which they infinitely spawn, so while you're trying to keep things organized within the bank or have the streets clear, you'll be perpetually bombarded with new walking question marks; adding to the tension of knowing that the mission is designed to give you a random time limit even under the best circumstances. This one goes much, much smoother with a team that knows what they're doing.

Semi-related to Korax's point, though, once you do know how to stealth a given mission (Bank Heist variants being the classic one, but Election Day, Shadow Raid, and Framing Frame are the real bounties), there's no reason not to run them on Death Wish. Unlike loud missions, the difference in challenge is not really proportional to the difference in payout, and it can be super lucrative if you're patient.

We did a few GO Bank stealth runs, and after a couple false starts, had it down pretty good. The constant civilians are definitely a big problem, and the added complication of a possible GenSec check-in can be problematic. We ended up going back to the Bank heist because the time it takes to secure the area can be lengthy, and it wasn't paying out as well as the 2 or 3 smaller heists that could be completed in the same amount of time.

Hah, those are the only two I ever TRIED stealthing in the past. No wait, there's one with the trains on a track and you start like down by a river and you have to bring all the... I think they're weapons? Down to the boat. We must've tried that one for hours before we finally gave up and gunned it.

If you're talking about the job I think you are, that's from the Armored Transport DLC (which I don't have).  It's a bonus mission of sorts.  The normal Transport jobs involve you breaking into armored trucks that have been sabotaged in some form and stealing the contents from inside.  There is a chance that one of the trucks will contain some intel that will allow you to play the second day where you do the train robbery.  The objective is to steal a turret (actually a sentry gun from TF2) but you can also steal the ammo and some other loot.  Despite the high payout, I really hate that job because it's a huge pain.

I've never bothered trying to stealth Four Stores because it seems like more work than its worth.  I enjoy doing ECM rushes on Diamond Store but that usually requires a full team.  GO Bank is definitely tricky because of the random things that the game can do to mess you up (infinite civilians, answering the phone, lasers on the vault door).

If you're talking about the job I think you are, that's from the Armored Transport DLC (which I don't have).  It's a bonus mission of sorts.  The normal Transport jobs involve you breaking into armored trucks that have been sabotaged in some form and stealing the contents from inside.  There is a chance that one of the trucks will contain some intel that will allow you to play the second day where you do the train robbery.  The objective is to steal a turret (actually a sentry gun from TF2) but you can also steal the ammo and some other loot.  Despite the high payout, I really hate that job because it's a huge pain.

I've never bothered trying to stealth Four Stores because it seems like more work than its worth.  I enjoy doing ECM rushes on Diamond Store but that usually requires a full team.  GO Bank is definitely tricky because of the random things that the game can do to mess you up (infinite civilians, answering the phone, lasers on the vault door).

That's the one. We got really close a lot of times until some guy would walk in a direction he wouldn't previously walk in and trip over a body behind some bushes rgumble grumble.

Train Heist is pretty amazing when you think about the fact that they developed this completely unique map (including the escape spot/possibly spawn point that is a beautiful, tranquil lake unlike anything else found in the game) that can only be found via random event in a different mission and is never accessible on its own. It had the highest base experience payout in the game (Hoxton Breakout has since eclipsed it) and offered potentially the highest cash payout as well if you went for all the shells in addition to the main mission bags.

Even still, I never play it. Fuck that.

I really hate how most of the optimal builds for weapons look dumb as hell. Tan, green, silver, and black mods are all mismatched. Pistols have two laser sights and a flashlight on them. The amazing War-Torn Stock looks like a piece from another model kit that's been glued onto a shotgun. Every scope besides the Acough Optic Scope and the Spectator Sight looks glued on, too.

Unrelatedly, I hate that I lack the willpower not to use the most optimal mods for my weapon builds.