stewmull

MO MONEY MO THUMBS - PAYDAY 2

The worst thing about Payday 2 is that you can't shut doors when going for a stealthy run. ):

And yet there's a mechanic that involves picking up random planks and boarding up windows.  But closing and locking doors isn't what criminals do apparently.  So remember kids, close your door or YOU'RE A CRIMINAL!

Cine mentioned that we should use Mumble when we play this game. I literally know nothing about it, but I theoretically appreciate the benefits of better voice quality, a client out of the somewhat buggy game audio, and not having to use the PTT button on my controller that sometimes decides to also launch a grenade at an inappropriate time. Thoughts?

I'm not opposed to it if everyone in a given lobby is going to use it, but it's a hassle to get going mid game.  Should be ok if we plan it out in advance but it probably precludes talking to any random people who fill up extra space.

I keep wanting to play this but then I miss out on it. ):

Now's the perfect time for me to play it, too, 'cause I'm sorta on an unofficial Dota semi-hiatus while TI4's going on!

It's not too late! I'm still online usually from 5PM EDT - 10-ish EDT on weekdays. I've lost a little bit of my steam regarding playing constantly with randos, but I'm still happy to play with Thumbs.

Hey guys, I've been busy for the last few days with 3d modelling but I'm back now. I would love to play a few heists this week. Also, I'm up for using something other than in-game chat but I've never used Mumble. How does tomorrow evening around 4/5 pm pst sound?

I've been on most nights, but with the Destiny Beta coming I'll probably be on less. Nonetheless, I'll make an effort to be around that time tomorrow.

I finally hit level 100.  I'm not sure if I want to do infamy though.  Not looking forward to grinding for experience again.  I might respec a few times and try out the other trees now that I can instantly get to the skills I want.

Pardon the bump but I'm totally addicted to this game. If you haven't been following it for the past several months, now would be a great time to reinspect it, as it's Crimefest. That means starting tomorrow we'll be in for a week of free daily updates that will culminate in the Old Hoxton Breakout Heist, along with original Hoxton as a playable character and several other items of interest earned by the community in the past month. Also look for a Halloween update and (most excitingly, I think) a female heister coming soon, as well. Plus, the game and its DLC (minus the most recent Hotline Miami heist) is all currently on sale, so now is a great time to check out the Big Bank or get that Gage Sniper Pack like you'd always meant to.

Seriously though, I think Payday 2 is super creative and exhilarating and is one of the few first person shooters I've ever connected to, and one of the infinitesimal multiplayer-based first person shooters that have truly captivated me. I've put nearly five hundred hours into the game, I've hit the (current) level cap, and I am still always up to play it with anyone, at any time - which is why it's such a shame that its player base is such a garbage heap and playing with random people is just asking to have your day ruined with horrible jokes and bigotry and gamers.

Playing Payday with Thumbs, though, sounds super good! If that sounds super good to you too, and you'd like to celebrate Crimefest - let me know! Or else continue to let this thread die a silent, decrepit death!

Hmm... Cool. 

I quite enjoyed what I played of this game. Unfortunately all of my mates moved on fairly quickly from it and it ain't all that fun to play on your own.

If someone else is up for some Payday, let me know!

It looks like this latest update includes a big change to the skill system.  Looks like they made a bunch of very necessary changes to useless skills.  I sort of burned out on the game a while ago but its been long enough that I'd be willing to try out the new stuff.

Yeah! Now even more than when I made my original post I'm into it, since I have reason to grind for experience again despite being at the level cap thanks to these perk decks!

Is there, like, a time that people could play... ?

I'd also theoretically be down to play whenever. If you see me online on a weeknight, you are always free to send me an invite and I'll join if I'm available. Though I'm always online on Steam, so don't assume I'm around if I'm logged in.

Is it cool if I add you on Steam? How about Mupp and dibs - would that be a good way to start?

Could work! 

Unless the time zones are too far apart, that is...

Seems that I'm about 6 hours ahead of EDT, which might push it into "too late" territory for me unfortunately.

I've got it on PC, and don't really play it as much as I think it maybe deserves.

I'd also like to express my deep disappointment in the fact that this thread isn't titled "MO MONEY MO PROB-THUMBS."

Could work! 

Unless the time zones are too far apart, that is...

Seems that I'm about 6 hours ahead of EDT, which might push it into "too late" territory for me unfortunately.

I hear you, but I'm usually around for (US) day time play as well. Don't mind being a kernel for Eurothumbs! Bear in mind this is a game where you only need four people at maximum for optimum enjoyment.

Had a quick game with Jason last night.  A couple of false starts but otherwise a good time.  Would love to get a full group together.  Maybe then I won't be the only one who doesn't know what he's doing.

Not able to join during this weekend, but might be able to join next week.

Add me on Steam: Muppjockey

Had a quick game with Jason last night.  A couple of false starts but otherwise a good time.  Would love to get a full group together.  Maybe then I won't be the only one who doesn't know what he's doing.

This was super good and would've been even better without half the crew being strangers. (I think I was also unconsciously being slightly silent because I was holding off on playing with another friend of mine when the opportunity to play with a Thumb arose and I was anxious about juggling the two.)

We can play as Keanu Reeves now!