stewmull

MO MONEY MO THUMBS - PAYDAY 2

I was hoping to get at leased 4 people in a group for some bank heisting! I loved the original but it was only me and one friend that played together, and you really need 4 with head sets working together. Pub games work sometimes, but if you really want to do well you need a team communicating.

Payday 2 comes out in 'August', so not long!

Not sure if people want to create a group or just exchange steam names, suggestions?

My steam tag is 'Stewmull' with the same avatar.

Ah, this is PC gaming thread. Am getting it on the X360, if anyone is interested, my gamertag is twmacb

I decided I'm going to get this to play with a few friends from another forum. I'd be happy to spread my time around, steam account name is D3war.

I have heard nothing but a ton of things about this game.  No idea if it is worth picking up on the sale tonight or if people are still playing it.  Advice or talking me out of it are welcome!

Picked up the game on the last day of the sale because I am weak.  Played some offline and thought it was interesting but impossible with the AI, tried online and got booted from a mission before it started.  Thought I would check with thumbs to see if they wanted to do some looting.

Is anybody still playing this game? I picked up a copy with the Steam weekend deal since a friend from work said he wanted to play it with me, then his job got way busier and he hasn't played video games in a while, so I have this game that is hard to play without other people. 

If anyone wants to take part in some idle bank robbing, let me know on Steam

Bump, since this game is on sale today. Anyone interested in playing? I am thinking about picking it up but don't want to if no Thumbs are jumping in on this deal.

I've played a few games of it, and know a couple of Thumbs have it too.

I grabbed it as well and would be up for some heists.  I should warn anyone who plays with me, I'm terrible at stealth (in any game) so expect things to inevitably go loud if I'm around.

I'm up for organizing a time. I'm usually available from 5PM Eastern/2PM Pacific to about 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific on most weekdays, and open whenever on weekends granted we schedule and not do it spontaneously.

Of course, if you see me online you're also welcome to invite me but I won't promise anything. My Steam profile is in my signature.

I'm up for organizing a time. I'm usually available from 5PM Eastern/2PM Pacific to about 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific on most weekdays, and open whenever on weekends granted we schedule and not do it spontaneously.

Of course, if you see me online you're also welcome to invite me but I won't promise anything. My Steam profile is in my signature.

This pretty accurately describes me as well.

Are people sticking to one skill tree or spreading it around?  I have the majority of my points in Enforcer but I'm starting to get some of the other ones as well.  My current level is in the mid 20s so I don't have a ton of points to throw around yet.

5PM Eastern/2PM Pacific to about 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific works for me although I'm on summer break from college so anytime works really. I'm currently split between ghost and technician with a few points into the other trees. I'm fairly decent at stealth on most heists. Add me on Steam

I love me some Payday...think I'm around level 75-76 right now 'cause I was playing pretty regularly with a group at work for a while. I haven't really played in a while though so there are a bunch of heists I haven't played much of (basically all the post-release stuff) so I'd definitely be down to play some! I'm available most nights between about 7pm EST and 12pm EST (4 - 9 west coast). An organized time makes the most sense, but if anyone randomly throws me an invite, I have a hard time saying no to Payday http://steamcommunity.com/id/dinosaursssssss

I'm mostly specced into Technician, but I have a bunch of handy stealth stuff too (body bags, extra pagers). Enough that I used to be able to solo stealth framing frame, though I haven't tried it since they added more guards and invincible cameras and such. I am quite bad at the stealth though, which in my case is mostly due to lack of patience I think. I usually attempt to be sneaky, but almost always end up standing on a table, firing a LMG on full auto.

Hey! That times work for me as well and there's four of us, so I believe we have a crew ready.

Am I counting wrong or are there five of us? Nonetheless, it's good to have a pool greater than the number needed as I'm sure not all of us will be available every time.

I need to actually install the game and get a hang of the mechanics before I'll feel comfortable hopping into MP. That said, I should probably be able to do that sometime soon so I'd be up for a game later this week/this coming weekend.

I need to actually install the game and get a hang of the mechanics before I'll feel comfortable hopping into MP. That said, I should probably be able to do that sometime soon so I'd be up for a game later this week/this coming weekend.

That's probably a good idea.  The game is really bad about informing you how its systems work.  I don't need a handholding tutorial about how to aim and shoot, but there are a lot of mechanics at play in this game and a little more information would have been nice.

I am totally up for helping a crew of new-ish players get a hang of things, if any of you want that. Playing solo or with bots to get practice before hopping into multiplayer is usually pretty miserable unless you're going for stealth. I'm going to finish some 3d modelling and other stuff but I should be available tonight after 5 pm pacific (8 eastern). Same goes for tomorrow if tonight doesn't work. If we happen to find enough players for two lobbies we could get a little friendly rivalry going. There must be at least 8 thumbs who are into Payday.

Am I counting wrong or are there five of us? Nonetheless, it's good to have a pool greater than the number needed as I'm sure not all of us will be available every time.

Whoops. Dinosaurssss posted right before I did, so I didn't catch it. Excited to have more people though.

I am totally up for helping a crew of new-ish players get a hang of things, if any of you want that. Playing solo or with bots to get practice before hopping into multiplayer is usually pretty miserable unless you're going for stealth. I'm going to finish some 3d modelling and other stuff but I should be available tonight after 5 pm pacific (8 eastern). Same goes for tomorrow if tonight doesn't work. If we happen to find enough players for two lobbies we could get a little friendly rivalry going. There must be at least 8 thumbs who are into Payday.

I might hit you up this evening then and take you up on that offer. I mucked around a bit in the hideout, but that's it. I also need to pick up a microphone headset because the one I got is busted.

Do any of you use HoxHUD? This will be of interest more to seasoned players but new players may be interested as well. It's a HUD modification that displays more valuable information on screen in a useful way. There are a ton of features and it is and highly customizable. If you're having trouble finding where to download it on that forum you need to join the group, then look at the discussions page and then click the download thread on the far right just below the subscription button. Again, I'll be on from now until later so if any of you want to do a few heists or learn how to do a few heists just message me on Steam.