Sign in to follow this  
tegan

HP Lovecraft

Hipster Lovecraft. 

"I stared into the unknowable abyss before it was cool."

« An eldritch wind arose... but you've probably never heard of eldritch. »

Do they actually read the stories in HP Podcraft, or just discuss them?

Way late to the thread but they have professionals read passages from the story while discussing the story in-depths. 

Also they have several (separate from the main podcast lines) complete audioversions of some of the better stories as read by various cool people.

After loving the Lovecraftian styled game Eldritch (made by the folks who released You Have to Win the Game) I have become quite interested in this lore and picked an anthology of his short stories. Really enjoyable so far!

I've started digging into Lovecraft myself, starting with the titles I recognize the most. The first was At the Mountains of Madness, which I originally thought was going to put me off all his writing due to its glacial( :eyebrow: ) pacing at the start, but then it turns out that the slow start only helped make everything crazier when it finally hit the fan. I'm glad the narrator's final assessment of The Elder Things was "Ehhh they weird aliens but they seem to be okay guys) as that was how I saw them in the story. 

The Colour out of Space actually got me pretty scared, and I was reading it in the middle of the day at work surrounded by people. Very effective. 

I'm burning through Lovecraft's stuff at a crazy rate at the moment!

If any of you are big fans, maybe check out the Dark Adventure Radio Theatre?

My boyfriend got me some of these for my birthday (the physical discs come with pull out newspaper clippings, sketches, etc. Which are great to pour over)

http://cthulhulives.org/radio/DART/index.html

Do any of you guys have recommendations for similar authors?