toblix

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

Well, I was waiting to see if it would go down on a daily deal or not, and it did not. As a result, I just purchased all the Rocksmith DLC I'd been looking at for a while as it is currently 35% off. I just bought $70 worth of songs for that game (6 packs, 19 individual songs). I've put about 35 hours into Rocksmith now and have been playing every day for several weeks. I have no intention of stopping, and really love the feeling that I get when I can walk away from the game and play the songs for real, so I hope that this will keep me going for quite some time. Ubisoft's assurances that the DLC will still work with 2014 this fall were the final push for me to say ok to dropping all this cash when the next one is due out soon. Still, can't help but feel weird that I spent more money this sale on songs for a guitar tutorial game than I did on any other games combined. Like, holy crap, that's a lot of DLC. Looking forward to spending the rest of the summer jamming on my guitar in my boxers.

I sold a few dupes, but I cannot get any of purchases to go through. I can't even get the pages to load. I'm sort of surprised they've had this much trouble with bandwidth going on two weeks?

Final day of the sale, so what did everybody get?

I ended up with -

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Borderlands 2 & Season Pass
FTL: Faster Than Light
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2

Serious Sam: The Complete Pack
Strike Suit Zero: Mega Bundle

Surgeon Simulator 2013

System Shock 2
The Walking Dead
Ys Origin and Ys: Oath in Felghana

All for not much more than the price of a single retail game.

That feels pretty awesome.

I got:

GTA IV Complete Bundle

Dear Esther

FTL Soundtrack

Toki Tori 2+

Farming Simulator 2013

RPG Maker VX Ace

System Shock 2

Castle Crashers

Prison Architect

Worms Armageddon

SimCity 4 Deluxe

The question is how many of them will I actually play.

I got:

Papo & Yo

No Time to Explain

Don't Starve

The Swapper

Dark Souls

X-Com

Penny Arcade yadda yadda 4

Afterfall Insanity

Deadpool

Bioshock Infinite

And a couple of the games in the "Oh, I have or had this on Xbox, but I hate my Xbox, and it's less than 3€, so why not buy it again so I'll never have to turn my Xbox on again?" category.

System Shock 2

Strike Suit Zero bundle (woot!)

Dork Souls

Double Fine bundle

Overlord bundle

Trine 2 (trine, trine, triiiiiine)

Finaru Fantashy VII

Daedalic bundle

Le Walking Dead

To The Moon

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed DLC Pack With Outrun and Metal Sonic

All in all, I paid 74 pieces of eight for this ridiculous heap of gaming goodness.

For anyone who is thinking of buying Dark Souls for 15 dollars on steam, it's 12.something on Amazon with the promo code "gooncave". 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917DBUE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00917DBUE&linkCode=as2&tag=amazonsale0a7-20

Edit:

Got-

Hotline Miami

Dark Souls

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition

Dishonored DLC

Kane & Lynch 2

That's all I've bought so far. Pretty much the only other thing on my wishlist discounted enough to make me think about buying it is Project: Snowblind, but that has been on my wishlist since 2010 so I'm pretty much never going to buy it - it's a badge of honor. Everyone else can get their silly badges from crafting trading cards. My badge is something that can't be crafted except via the use of a time machine.

Damage Report:

EYE: Devine Cybermancy 

Eschalon Book 2:

Gunpoint

Dishonored DLC

Civ 5: Gods and Kings

The Swapper

Torchlight 2

Sleeping Dogs

System Shock 2

Definance

Only Defiance & Civ 5 was more than $6.50, much was $2.50. Still, looking at the list, it seems shameful. Also, I'm holding out for a Kentucky Route Zero flash sale. 

I voted for Kentucky Route Zero but the community picked Dragon's Lair.

Same, I was actually mad for the first time this whole sale.  It's the only game I've wanted to go on sale the entire time (more than the 25%).  Oh well.  As such my only purchases are the expansions for Medieval 2 Total War and Rom Total War (Kingdoms and Alexander, which I got so I could play some mods), Torchlight 2, GTA IV Complete, and a couple giftable copies of Time Gentlemen Please to save for the future.  GTA 4 I bought at the stat and everything else I paid for with trading card money (and I still have $5). 

Looking at my backlog kept me from buying much this time. I did have Gunpoint in my cart and the sale expired just as I was going to purchase it. I'll probably just get it at full price when I actually have time to play it.

I did pick up Dark Souls. Mainly so that I can post in any forum video game thread, regardless of topic, and say "This is why Dark Souls is so amazing. Blah blah blah"

Alpha Protocol

Call of Cthulhu

Company of Heroes (complete pack)

Hotline Miami

Just Cause 2

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Monaco

Quantum Conundrum (and DLC)

Rogue Legacy

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

KOTOR 2

Surgeon Simulator 2013

Thirty Flights of Loving

Sword of the Stars: The Pit

I'm pretty happy with all this.

I was tempted to buy Dark Souls again, because it is one of my greatest loves, but I see no point when I already enjoy the Ps3 version so much.  It's not like they did a great port and with PC it added the "hacker" element of cheating.  Still, one day when my Ps3 gives up the ghost I'll have to. I repurchased the Fallout games because they suck on ps3, I was ecstatic to only have to pay $5 each.

Anyway, my booty:

Alice Madness Returns

The Bard's Tale

The Cave

Fallout 3 Game of the Year

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

Fez

Incredipede

The Last Remnant

Metro 2033

Psychonauts

Puzzle Quest

Surgeon Simulator 2013

The Witcher 2

Upgraded Civilization V to gold (including Gods&Kings) for $5. It's already paid off because it's given me an excuse to start a new game. I had played as a successful expansionist in my previous game, and my empire was starting to fall apart and I lost track of what all was going on. Starting a new game of Civilization is so relaxing and fools my brain into thinking it's being incredibly productive.

Puzzle Quest 2 - 2.49 USD
Dungeons of Dredmor - 1.24 USD
Rogue Legacy - 11.99 USD
Cart Life - 1.99 USD
To The Moon - 2.99 USD
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold DLC Only Feb 2013 - 5.00 USD
Orcs Must Die 2 - 3.74 USD
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point - 1.74 USD
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake - 1.74 USD
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament - 1.24 USD
Dishonored (ROW) - 10.19 USD
Reus - 4.99 USD
System Shock 2 - 2.49 USD
Deadlight - 3.74 USD
The Swapper - 7.49 USD

$63.08 USD in games for myself, plus I bought KOTOR 2 for my girlfriend at $3.39. Fairly successful sale for me, just about as much as I was budgeted to spend and I got a lot of games that I see myself playing in the near future (unlike most Steam sales).

Upgraded Civilization V to gold (including Gods&Kings) for $5. It's already paid off because it's given me an excuse to start a new game. I had played as a successful expansionist in my previous game, and my empire was starting to fall apart and I lost track of what all was going on. Starting a new game of Civilization is so relaxing and fools my brain into thinking it's being incredibly productive.

To add, can I just say how nice it is that they're offering an upgrade option? So many games that I bought on day 1 that get ULTIMATE AWESOME GAME GOLD OF THE YEAR EXCLUSIVE LEGENDARY MAXIMUM COMPLETITUDE editions, making me feel like a dope for even buy games at launch anymore.

Hmm, I ended up with:

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Dark Souls

GTA 4 Complete (manly for the multi, I've already beaten it on xbox)

Natural Selection x4

Monaco (gifted to me)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (gifted to me)

Kinetic Void (buying this one for cheap now, hoping it turns into something special)

Defiance

System Shock 2

More than I really wanted to spend, and there's a couple of questionable choices on there, but oh well.

I got:

Rogue Legacy (Steam Store)

Starseed Pilgrim (Steam Store)

Tomb Raider ROW (Steam Store)

Cart Life (Steam Store)

Garry's Mod (Steam Store)

Company of Heroes (Steam Store)

Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC (Steam Store)

Sleeping Dogs (Steam Store)

System Shock 2 (Steam Store)

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate (Steam Store)

Surgeon Simulator (Steam Store)

FEZ (Steam Store)

Tropico 4 (Steam Store)

Just Cause 2 (Steam Store)

Bioshock Infinite (WW) (Steam Store)

I also tried to buy gunpoint but I alread own it and I forgot to get the swapper.

Also, going through my steam history i just discovered that I have spent €800 on steam in the last 5 years...yikes. Also, now I have to lug my computer to my mums house to download everything.

I ended up with...

The Basement Collection

Bastion

Ben There, Dan That!

Cart Life

The Cave

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Rogue Legacy

Time Gentlemen, Please!

I was sorely tempted to pick up Fallout 3 or New Vegas, but other than that I am pretty happy that I got what I got without spending too much. Now the question is how many of these games I will actually play.