toblix

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

you'll get a special gift from Valve when your account turns 10

CAEK!!

Wait, what? How long has Steam even been running?

I signed up just a few days after HL2 was released, and that's still only closing in on 9 years.

Ah yes, Steam was up for a bit longer than that because of support for Counter-Strike.

Started episode two of Walking Dead and it didn't import my choices correctly.

In fact, every one of my friends i've talked to has had the same problem.

Why was this game getting such a free pass on such major problems?

My old account is coming up on 10 years, but it now belongs to my friend since I let him use it to play L4D when it came out and ended up just buying another copy and starting a new account.  I kind of miss that account though because it has the Half Life Platinum collection on it.

I've owned BTDT since it came out, but I now have two giftable copies of it in my inventory. 

:tup:

I didn't get an email regarding the Vice City flash sale, so I deffo can't rely on email notifications...

you'll get a special gift from Valve when your account turns 10

I really want this to be true. So if you've lied I hope you feel about it, and you know you will have made a grown man very sad. 

Torchlight II is on sale as a daily deal. Time to bust out the email account and harass all my friends who don't own it. It's a biannual event for me.

I really want this to be true. So if you've lied I hope you feel about it, and you know you will have made a grown man very sad. 

Looking forward to that :)

To my sorrow or my gift? You're using your words to confuse my emotions. It hurts.

I think I've reached the point where I no longer feel a compulsive need to buy more games in this sale. Unless there's a truly ludicrous sale price on something, I probably won't be buying much more before the end. Still hoping for sub-$10 Rogue Legacy, though.

Same here. I'd like to pick up Kerbal Space Program and FTL before the sale is done, but otherwise I'm content.

I imagine Kerbal will go back up if there's an encore day at the end.

I just saw Counter Strike: GO on sale for 14 cents.

"How devious of Valve!" I thought. "They know that selling one card of any type will result in at least 14¢ in the seller's Steam wallet! Instead of just giving the game away, they are giving it away in a way that normalizes their wallet, marketplace, and trading card system—all in the sneakiest way possible!"

But apparently it's a mistake and the discount was supposed to be 66% off and not 99%.

I think I've reached the point where I no longer feel a compulsive need to buy more games in this sale. Unless there's a truly ludicrous sale price on something, I probably won't be buying much more before the end. Still hoping for sub-$10 Rogue Legacy, though.

Yeah, there's not actually much more that I want. I was torn on buying Skyrim Ultimate/Fall Out:NV Ultimate (just for the mods etc) but I've probably put about 150+ in both of them already combined on the PS3 so I thought better of it. I managed to get most of the really cheap indie games/mega discounted games that I wanted already so I don't think I'll pick much else up. 

Rogue Legacy is the only thing that I'm keeping my eye on, unless something really surprises me. 

The Company of Heroes Complete Pack 75% off was the sort of deal I've been waiting for. So good.

I crafted the first level of the Sumersale badge. I feel a little empty inside.

Wow, cards are pretty worthless now, but it's so much more convenient to sell duplicates and buy what you are missing.

Steam is kinda like an evil genius. Since cards are so cheap, about 10 cents, and I've bought all in my wishlist that was 75% off, I took a gamble and bought enough to MAX out the badge, guess what happens?

FOIL cards! Those are worth 1€ each! 

I can see their evil genius plan now, if you max out your badge early, I assume you'll get only foils after that and you can actually fund games at that level! This is kinda scary now. D:

Wait... so, reach level 5 for a badge, and then when you play the game you get only foil cards for that game?

So spend 5x7x12 = 3.50 euros and get 4 card drops worth 1 euro, thus making 0.50 euro in profit.

I continue to get standard cards after maxing out my Steam Summer Sale badge.

Really? So it was just a coincidence that I got mine when it maxed out? That's a shame.

When a card drops, there is a random chance that it's a foil. So yeah, I think that was pure coincidence.

I've put a premium sale on the market, lets see if anyone notices:

TNoZiKR.png

Foils are rare drops that take the place of normal drops, and you can only craft a foil badge once (per game, obvs). It doesn't have five levels like the regular badge.