toblix

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

Every single Serious Sam game can be found for ten bucks by clicking through to the current Serious Sam 3 bundles. (Six games, two remakes, and two add-ons.)

only two more hours on that one, but it's a crazy good deal, 90% off the normal price.

Every single Serious Sam game can be found for ten bucks by clicking through to the current Serious Sam 3 bundles. (Six games, two remakes, and two add-ons.)

only two more hours on that one, but it's a crazy good deal, 90% off the normal price.

Yep, unfortunately SS was the humble weekly sale a couple weeks back so I already have all the games. Still a steal for anyone who hasn't picked any of the games up.

This sale is ruining my bank account.  The question is whether or not I'll play all these games by the next Summer Sale.

I have only bought one thing that i was not already planning on buying, and the sum total of what i've spent on this sale is still less than i have spent on individual games in the past, so i'm still feeling pretty good about it.

I have only bought one thing that i was not already planning on buying, and the sum total of what i've spent on this sale is still less than i have spent on individual games in the past, so i'm still feeling pretty good about it.

yeah i think with sales plus selling my cards i spent the same amount but got so much more, i never usually do this, but i haven't even installed some of the games i have bought yet, they will probably get played in a week or two

I splurged on Double Fine and Overlord bundles, overall I've plunked about 60 pieces of eight into the sale, but I got a HUGE amount of fantastic games for it. Feeling good about playing them all, because I've got a fine rhythm going, playing on Steam every evening after getting my other work and chores done.

Is there a good site keeping tally of every daily and flash sale so far? I'm keeping an eye on a couple of games (Quake and Dark Messiah) and want to check I haven't missed them already!

Isn't anyone else holding on to there cards so they can sell them later on for a bit of a higher price? Surely when the sale ends the cards will dozentiple (not an actual quantity) in value, right? 

This sale is ruining my bank account.  The question is whether or not I'll play all these games by the next Summer Sale.

The answer is likely no haha.  I've got multiple indie games that I got last Summer Sale that I still haven't checked out.

Isn't anyone else holding on to there cards so they can sell them later on for a bit of a higher price? Surely when the sale ends the cards will dozentiple (not an actual quantity) in value, right? 

An interesting thought - especially as they will presumably be 'out of print' following the sale. I'm not optimistic, but thanks for the idea, Hopefully nobody else thinks of it!

Is there a good site keeping tally of every daily and flash sale so far? I'm keeping an eye on a couple of games (Quake and Dark Messiah) and want to check I haven't missed them already!

Ben if you put those games on your steam wishlist you should get an email once they go on sale. I also use IFTTT to send me emails on daily deals. Oh, and I tend to check steam obsessively which helps.

I haven't noticed either on sale if that helps. Savvy Gamer is also a pretty good site for keeping track of things.

Ben if you put those games on your steam wishlist you should get an email once they go on sale

If you've got a phone it'll also start up and log into the STEAM app quietly in the background. It won't be long before they send someone round to 'help' you type in your credit card number.

I was thinking about it, but after the sale I games will cost normal people prices so it would kind of even out.  I have a lot of cards that I put up for like $0.25 that have dropped like most things down to the $0.15-.0.10 range and I'm not going to bother to take them down and re-list them, so maybe I'll sell them after this thing is over.

I'm also holding onto all the cards I've gotten so far, but not necessarily to sell them later.  To be honest, I'm not really sure why I'm hanging onto them.  I might sell them if they actually become things of value (I had a pair of Mac earbuds for TF2 for a long time before I discovered they were worth the price of a full game).

I'm thinking about buying Walking Dead, but the description in the Steam store is talking about making sure you buy a season pass to get all the content when there's nothing like that on the page.

Is it the complete game on sale or not?

Ben if you put those games on your steam wishlist you should get an email once they go on sale. I also use IFTTT to send me emails on daily deals. Oh, and I tend to check steam obsessively which helps.

Thanks, but the email notifications are borked by all accounts and IFTTT seems way too complicated. I'll just have to carry on with the third option: check every 7 hours or so!

I got a foil HL2 card and sold it for $4.00.  That's like 1-2 games.

Or, like 8 copies of Ben There, Dan That! and 8 copies of Time Gentlemen, Please!

Yeah, I don't think they'll be worth a massive chunk of change.. but I'm hoping they'll be worth at least 4 times as much and if I manage to get 10 of those cards then that's a fair bit of money which will help me eat into a new game eventually.

Or, like 8 copies of Ben There, Dan That! and 8 copies of Time Gentlemen, Please!

Wow I didn't even realize that.  There's always some indie games that are crazy cheap but I don't see them because they aren't on the front page :(   I remember in the winter sale Zeno Clash was 99 cents and I almost missed it.  Anyways I've owned BTDT since it came out, but I now have two giftable copies of it in my inventory.  I love the trading card system now.

Anyone here ever play Deadlight? I've never heard of it before but the trailer looks pretty great. Like Oddworld meets Last of Us.

And it's only 3.74 for the next 15 hours.

Well I just bought Saints Row: The Third mainly because it was a huge discount. The psychology behind the Steam sales really does just get me every time. "We know you probably won't play this game. Ever. But look how deliciously, deliciously cheap it is..." 

Side note: I just checked out my Steam profile and it turns out I've been using Steam for 9 years?! Which means in October I'll have had a Steam account for 10 years. That just seems really weird to me. It also says I had 50+ games in October 2003 which is just entirely impossible because I only had CS:Source and Half Life :S

Wait, what? How long has Steam even been running?

I signed up just a few days after HL2 was released, and that's still only closing in on 9 years.