toblix

Steam Summer Getaway Sale

So, I've heard some relatively good things about this obscure title called The Waking Dead or something. It's 75% off now. Yesno?

Regarding hidden sales, my method is to put anything I'm remotely inyerested in on my wishlist. Then when the sale comes on, I can check my wishlist to see if anything tempts me.

Quick question. If I buy a game as a gift for an unspecified person, and then decide later that I'd rather play it myself, will I run into any difficulties in unlocking the gift for my personal account?

Quick question. If I buy a game as a gift for an unspecified person, and then decide later that I'd rather play it myself, will I run into any difficulties in unlocking the gift for my personal account?

Nah, a gift just sits in your inventory as a thing. Anyone can open it, even you.

So, I've heard some relatively good things about this obscure title called The Waking Dead or something. It's 75% off now. Yesno?

I've just finished it. I enjoyed the story, didn't like the gameplay. Too much QTE. But I'd say: "yes"

Dark Souls was like $7 so figured I'd pick it up only to get frustrated with it in ten minutes. So that's a deal.

Farcry 3 Blood Dragon was $6.74; so why not?

Darksiders 2 at 9.99 is sitting there again. Every time it's on sale I look at it and go "nah, needs to be cheaper" even though it looks like a cool game, just something about it always makes me just want it for practically free. It's totally irrational and I feel like a bad person for thinking it.

I feel the same way about Darksiders 2! Good deal, but I still don't want to pay $10 for it.

Darksiders seems like a game I should like, but I got 4 hours into Darksiders 1 and tossed it in the bin.

I just realized a flaw in this card system, if you only get cards normally when playing and you only get a limited amount of them, but you get them for every "X" amount spent during special sales... 

Why wouldn't you wait to buy everything when it's on sale? That is, if you care about the card system. I'll try to get this badge to see what the fuss is about and that's it.

The cards you get from purchasing things or voting on sales are Summer sale cards. The cards you get for playing games are cards for those specific games. Each game that's card enabled has it's own set of 5-10 cards to collect that are seperate from any other set.

It's weird how the summer sale card set includes cards for games that don't have trading card support themselves. I wonder if that means trading cards will be rolled out for those games over the course of the rest of the sale.

The cards you get from purchasing things or voting on sales are Summer sale cards. The cards you get for playing games are cards for those specific games. Each game that's card enabled has it's own set of 5-10 cards to collect that are seperate from any other set.

Yeah, but you can trade the extra cards from this special event for whatever you want in other games. I know what if I have any left over depending and what I think of the badge system I'll either trade them or sell them.

Yeah, but you can trade the extra cards from this special event for whatever you want in other games. I know what if I have any left over depending and what I think of the badge system I'll either trade them or sell them.

If you're that obsessed with getting more cards with cash, you'd be better of just buying the cards for $.50 a piece I would think. All I was saying is that they don't directly interract.

Discounts appear to be changing during the Sale. I'm pretty sure Darksiders 2 started off as 66% during the daily sale, and then it became 75% off, and now it's 80% off.

Also:

B4UK6Xf.png

Discounts appear to be changing during the Sale. I'm pretty sure Darksiders 2 started off as 66% during the daily sale, and then it became 75% off, and now it's 80% off.

Also:

B4UK6Xf.png

Dude! It's got a double health bar!

I'm going to sound like an idiot for saying this, but I can't seem to find the trading forum, only the market place and the normal forums without any trading section. :|

There is no trading place. You can only trade with friends.

Goddammit, I just finished playing through the whole of Psychonauts and NOW they roll out cards for it?

Goddammit, I just finished playing through the whole of Psychonauts and NOW they roll out cards for it?

that is how i feel about basically every game that has cards now

There is no trading place. You can only trade with friends.

What? What seems silly since everything else seems to have a forum, then I hope you guys don't mind me pestering you with my messages about trading summer cards.

What? What seems silly since everything else seems to have a forum, then I hope you guys don't mind me pestering you with my messages about trading summer cards.

Never.  We do what we must when playing Steam's meta-game