Dirk Anger

The (Video Game Music) Nostalgia Thread

And this is an allegedly terrible Tetris port that I've never played, but has by far the best music of any Tetris game.

This is like Tetris infused with the melancholia and strangeness associated with modern Eastern European PC games.

And like those games, your immediate need to survive distracts you from all the weirdness. Why are there art-deco looking dudes hanging out in space? Ah who cares I gotta make lines to live!

That totally counts. Still have that album on imported CD.

Classic retro music probably touched on in those Amiga comps: IK+, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2, Cannon Fodder, Another World, Flashback.

I posted this in the old video game music thread, but I consistently (about twice a month) have nightmares that are set to the opening titles song of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

And my personal favorite from Sim City 2000.

It's not uncommon for me to have a random track from SC2K stuck in my head, usually at work. I got that game shortly my family bought our first computer in 2000, and over the next two to three years put more hours into it than anything else I had on PC. There's so much variety in that soundtrack, from happy melodic pieces like this one, to slap-bass funk madness, to unusual and dissonant stuff that usually means your power plant is about to explode.

Holy shit, I found this Spotify playlist, and it has so much video game music: Video Game Music. I keep scolling down to find stuff I would never expect on Spotify, like the LBA 1 & 2 soundtracks, all the Myst and Sims and Sim City music, Bioshock, Silent Hill, a lot of GTA stuff, Commandos, Red Dead Redemption, Dust, Sleeping Dogs, so much Halo, The Last of Us, Monaco, Mafia 2 and Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2.

Spooky game music, you say?

Well, the Frantic Factory music from DK64 really freaked me out as a kid:

Also, the music from the NES 'Friday the 13th' game still gives me chills...

...why did my parents let me play that game when I was a child? I am so easily frightened now. Damn Jason and his sudden appearances.

You want some bloops? I'll give you some fuckin' bloops.

(Sorry if you didn't want some bloops.)