miffy495

Grand Thumb Auto retro PC edition

Mondays don't really work for me anymore now that school is underway, so as long as it's a Monday thing I'm unfortunately out for now.

I know this only leads to confusion and despair, but ...

I'd be willing to do other nights, maybe alternating?

I either shoot things in Steelport, or in Liberty City tonight.

Yo.

I guess I've missed this tonight, but I'll be interested in joining in next week! I might need a quick guide suitable for a thick man called Thicky McThick who's just enrolled in a school for the thick though - I couldn't work out how to join a particular game. Took me long enough to work out the "access multiplayer from your actual in-game mobile phone" thing.

Looks pretty good fun though!

Did it happen? I got home from work/school at 3:45 and had a quick look at Steam, but no one was playing.

Mondays don't really work for me anymore now that school is underway, so as long as it's a Monday thing I'm unfortunately out for now.

Is there a day during the week that wouldn't clash with school? I'm guessing probably not.

Yeah. Weekdays are no longer viable for me to play with you European types. I'll be getting home from work every day around midnight GMT at the earliest. I may be able to swing Labour day this week (the 2nd) if things are happening then, but that would pretty much be it.

I'm around for a couple of hours if I see people jumping into the game. I should really be working, but I'm finding it really hard to think straight right now.

Last night's game had some pretty excellent moments, including this:

I guess I've missed this tonight, but I'll be interested in joining in next week! I might need a quick guide suitable for a thick man called Thicky McThick who's just enrolled in a school for the thick though - I couldn't work out how to join a particular game. Took me long enough to work out the "access multiplayer from your actual in-game mobile phone" thing.

Sorry that all my INCREDIBLY RUDE fellow GTAers ignored your enquiry. You don't want to bother mucking around with the in-game phone; we organize everything through Steam and GfWL (the latter being purely for the purpose of sending game invitations, which is an unfortunate necessity). So the thing to do is add one or more of us on Steam and GfWL; some of our usernames can be found in this and that thread, respectively. Feel free to add me: I'm TheJamesM on both Steam and Xbox/GfWL.

Two more examples of my obnoxious laughter:

Do I sound that loud in-game, or is it just how I've recorded it? If the former, I definitely need to turn my microphone down.

That was me who got shot with James' rocket while swimming. Moment of the match, as I was about 50 feet from the getaway vehicle, and about to win the round for the crooks. Well played indeed.

Do I sound that loud in-game, or is it just how I've recorded it? If the former, I definitely need to turn my microphone down.

NO JAMES YOU SOUND FINE IN-GAME.

PARDON?

Don't worry, it's just your recording.

Sorry that all my INCREDIBLY RUDE fellow GTAers ignored your enquiry. You don't want to bother mucking around with the in-game phone; we organize everything through Steam and GfWL (the latter being purely for the purpose of sending game invitations, which is an unfortunate necessity). So the thing to do is add one or more of us on Steam and GfWL; some of our usernames can be found in this and that thread, respectively. Feel free to add me: I'm TheJamesM on both Steam and Xbox/GfWL.

Ooh ooh! Thanks for the reply. I completely forgot about my intention to join you guys in online GTA IV until today (only 5 days late!), but assuming it pops into my mind on any given Monday I'll follow your advice. Thanks again!

will totally come along! sorry for jumping on the bandwagon this late. Is there any 3rd party voice stuff you guys use?

Oh is it IV or eps from liberty city? as I have IV installed but not the other.