miffy495

Grand Thumb Auto retro PC edition

So on Twitter, Toblix, Nachimir, Wrestlevania, n0wak, Patters, and I started to get a mite nostalgic for the Grand Thumb Auto happenings of yore. For those who weren't around at the time, for 60-ish weeks straight starting in the fall of 2008, a few of us played a weekly game of GTA IV on the 360 in which all manner of shit quickly became fucked up. The standard was racing fire trucks around the airport, but there were also days where we did things like spend the entire time trying (and failing spectacularly in my case) to teach ourselves to rocket jump. It was pretty fun. Wrestlevania, or bamblesquatch, or whatever he calls himself now on here (damn you people changing your names) suggested we do a Monday night game. As he's British, Monday night means Monday afternoon for those of us in North America. I just happen to be opening the coffee shop on Monday, which means I'm done work at 1:30pm Mountain Time, or about 8:30pm GMT if my calculations are correct. As such, I'm in. We're going on PC this time, and the IT steam group already has an event created. I don't know about the others, but I've got both GTAIV and Episodes installed, so I'm up for whatever. How much of the old gang can we rally for this one?

I'll get everything set up, just in case, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it.

Everyone else: This is something you don't want to miss! I bet GTA IV has gotten pretty cheap on Steam, too.

Aww... when I read the 'retro' in the thread title I thought we were all gonna play GTA 1 or 2 together.. :sad:

Racking my brains trying to remember all the different race ideas we came up with.

Ice cream trucks and grenades only was, obviously, another highlight. And I seem to remember our regular scooter races quickly descending into flaming road blocks and physical violence onscreen.

Oh, and Cops & Crooks rarely failed to leave anyone not screaming in panic at some point, too.

Marvellous, just marvellous... will be installing Fraps especially to capture all the expected mayhems!

What's MP like? I have yet to start GTAIVPC on my PC...

So on Twitter, Toblix, Nachimir, Wrestlevania, n0wak, Patters, and I started to get a mite nostalgic for the Grand Thumb Auto happenings of yore. For those who weren't around at the time, for 60-ish weeks straight starting in the fall of 2008, a few of us played a weekly game of GTA IV on the 360 in which all manner of shit quickly became fucked up. The standard was racing fire trucks around the airport, but there were also days where we did things like spend the entire time trying (and failing spectacularly in my case) to teach ourselves to rocket jump. It was pretty fun. Wrestlevania, or bamblesquatch, or whatever he calls himself now on here (damn you people changing your names) suggested we do a Monday night game. As he's British, Monday night means Monday afternoon for those of us in North America. I just happen to be opening the coffee shop on Monday, which means I'm done work at 1:30pm Mountain Time, or about 8:30pm GMT if my calculations are correct. As such, I'm in. We're going on PC this time, and the IT steam group already has an event created. I don't know about the others, but I've got both GTAIV and Episodes installed, so I'm up for whatever. How much of the old gang can we rally for this one?

Fuck you Miffy!!!

Looking forward to it. 

Oh man I need the expansions now? I only have basic GTA 4.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I'm already out after reading more of the text. 1:30pm MNT is noon here and I'll be at work.

As said in the OP, this was originally suggested by Wrestlevania, who is on GMT. This puts him 7 hours ahead of me. I'll be home in time for 8:30pm GMT, though I think that the actual steam event is scheduled a tad earlier. As for expansion or no, that can pretty much be decided at game time, depending on who has it and who doesn't. I'm good either way.

Oh god damn it. I was going to pick this up if it was massively discounted, but was out or asleep for that entire period. Have fun.

I have good news and bad news, both of which are that I'll be able to join after all.