tegan

Let's Draw Video Games

Jake: Totally great and useful advice, half of 'art' is finding an audience who care, which I guess is why I post things on the Internet at all. 

yeah, if just one person likes it, it was worth showing it to them

So I broke out my tablet and drew a little something. I'm still getting used to drawing with the tablet, and I decided to try using Illustrator for the first time ever. So a lot of learning and practice going on here.

6du7Was.jpg?1

Illustrator is rad, but it really takes some getting used to. It was one of my favourite things to learn in college. Also, thanks for the advice, Jake!

Right now I'm working on a Pokémon thing, and I've also submitted a portfolio to try to get into the PokéStory Zine, so hopefully that pans out. In the meantime, I wanted to put up at least one finished piece tonight, so I drew a shitty wizard.

PjrH2Z8.png

So I'm working on a Pokémon comic. I'm not gonna' upload the rest until it's ready, but I wanted to show off at least this splash page I did to start it off, since it took two whole days to make. Consider it a sneak peek. I'm also applying to get into the PokéStory Zine (fingers crossed!), so I figured it would be good to go all out so I'd have something hopefully impressive and Pokémon-related to show them. If I manage to get in, I'll probably put this comic on hold until I finish something for that (I already have an idea in mind), so this might be the only page I finish for the next little while.

9560423574_ed6cd4da6a_o.png

In the interest of video game drawing, I drew one of Windosill. Amazing little game!

tumblr_mrxmw9aF1P1rqaivao1_1280.jpg

Love the zine art! That Pokemon one looks great :) 

Jon: I think we need to start a collective art tumblr. The topic: paintings of every one of our Steam games! :D

Love the zine art! That Pokemon one looks great :)

Jon: I think we need to start a collective art tumblr. The topic: paintings of every one of our Steam games! :D

that would be an epic project  :o

Well done tegan, well deserved too :) 

Thestalkinghead: I don't suggest it lightly, I am a sucker for the Steam sales and have way too many games. Jon's success with pointandclicking.com is inspiring me though!

I love the idea of drawing a thing for each of my Steam games, so I'm going to do that starting tomorrow. One game per day, probably. Maybe more, who knows. I'm going to share it here for everyone to laugh at (because I am a shit artist - I may have some latent talent that I'm unaware of, but I have no skill to make that talent shine). It will be the worst experience of all of our lives. But over time I'll get better! Yeah! Hah!

Maybe posting this here will actually force me to take action instead of Never Doing Anything like I usually do. In all likelihood I will continue to be lazy, but maybe knowing that my laziness will be my shame in this thread henceforth will motivate me to at least try this time!

I love the idea of drawing a thing for each of my Steam games, so I'm going to do that starting tomorrow. One game per day, probably. Maybe more, who knows. I'm going to share it here for everyone to laugh at (because I am a shit artist - I may have some latent talent that I'm unaware of, but I have no skill to make that talent shine). It will be the worst experience of all of our lives. But over time I'll get better! Yeah! Hah!

Maybe posting this here will actually force me to take action instead of Never Doing Anything like I usually do. In all likelihood I will continue to be lazy, but maybe knowing that my laziness will be my shame in this thread henceforth will motivate me to at least try this time!

for extra encouragement (the stick) i will be checking this thread every day primed to judge you for not doing what you said you would, and for the carrot, i like seeing art made by people who aren't professional artists and i will genuinely be looking forward to seeing it :)

I love the idea as well. And I guess it'll make me use my wacom again as I don't have access to any scanner.

During a Pikmin 2 multiplayer session (which was rad), a friend (who infrequently posts here as Hexans) was messing around on my tablet and this was made.

yoMua41.png

Game 3: Alpha Protocol (I have not yet played this)

QFVYM8u.png

Totally not Alpha Protocol. The sane answer is always at the apex of the dialogue-choice triangle.

Maybe "punch" is the sane answer this time?

That last one can probably be used for the Tropico series too.