tegan

Let's Draw Video Games

I've bee working on this, but I have no idea if I'd consider it finished yet or not.

fYGSW9u.png

Golden sun <3

Did you play Golden Sun 3? So many party members. So much talking.

Today's drawing is Matsudoki, the player character from Yume Nikki, because it's a Yume Nikki kinda' day.

IIWPMVM.png

Did you play Golden Sun 3? So many party members. So much talking.

Yeah, it was a bit much.

I prefer the parts of the games where I don't have to juggle all those different characters. Still a good game though, felt a bit easier than the two that came before it.

Oh wow, I hadn't seen this topic. Would love to contribute, turns out I haven't drawn as many video game characters as I thought, so here's an old painting I call "Sunday Morning on World 1-1": 

0ep9mJk.jpg

This drawing is from the sleeve for a Mario soundtrack. It must quite old since the disc isn't a CD, it's some sort of LP record.

post-33503-0-82589300-1376497524_thumb.jpg

My rule book for the beta of 'Papers, Please'. I need to add some extra pages for the full release.

post-33503-0-79362200-1376497416_thumb.jpg

Seeing that Mario painting really makes me want to brush up (ehehehe) on my painting skills. And I love the Papers, Please book. So good.

I saw that some really horribly racist, transphobic, homophobic, sext etc person started following my tumblr; so I immediately whipped up some quick Mainichi fanart so it would show up in their dashboard. This would be a good time to do the Kindness Coins picture I've been putting off forever too.

pYunzqm.png

Love it, Matubula! Fantastic scribbles on graph paper.

Tegan; you don't need no stinkin' compliments anymore!

Daaaaaang, this is some baller stuff!

I made this relatively recently and plooped it all over the place—aaaand here it is again! Cause it is topical: Raz as a Polecat

tumblr_m7p8ujav5K1r61ugko1_1280.png

Daaaaaang, this is some baller stuff!

I made this relatively recently and plooped it all over the place—aaaand here it is again! Cause it is topical: Raz as a Poleca

Ahahaha, I love it, I knew what it was before even reading the description!

Thanks for the kind comments guys (and gals).

matubula the document-sketching stuff is really interested, would love to see more

I don't have any more 'Papers, Please' stuff, but will probably upgrade my rule book soon.

That Raz is fantastic. The hair and lighting make him look like a Kerbal.

C2K5NgO.png

Megaman with a tooth ache, or Metroid dude with a tooth ache.

Might also be a Teletubby.

So that's what it's going to be like when I open up and show you my art? Wow, I guess this community really has changed.

Okay this is an amazing thread. I have nothing to contribute ;(

Well...

This is dumb advice that is the opposite of art advice, but if you guys are posting this stuff to tumblr make sure you use the "gaming" tag. It's the most followed video game tag on tumblr.

Also toblix that is really good.

It's kind of cute (and I do mean that in the most non-patronizing, sincere way possible) how Jake always says useful things, but peppers it with self-doubt. That is solid advice, man. No need to say it's dumb.

Rad drawings in this thread. I'll contribute something when I've finished moving house.

It will not be rad.

Jake: Totally great and useful advice, half of 'art' is finding an audience who care, which I guess is why I post things on the Internet at all. 

Anyway, before I become sappy, here's a Raz I drew ages ago and almost forgot about: 

q86Cs4g.png