tegan

Let's Draw Video Games

Thanks! It's one of the more 'classic' joke set-ups. I should've learned the lesson there that less is more, but I didn't.

I originally intended to paint this instead of using pencils, so I wish I hadn't done it on watercolour paper. It's basically a sketch of something I want to do in acrylics on a 40"x60" canvas.

7WNZAku.jpg

It looks amazing, Tegan. I honestly like the rough feel of pencils, it gives it an industrial vibe that I find a bit haunting.

Tegan, if you end up doing a big fancy version of that, I will strongly consider getting it tattooed on my body.

Thanks for the kind words! I've decided that I'd like to do each one as a pencil and ink drawing like this. I don't like this one as much, so I might redo it, but it's a good start.

co01sFb.jpg

Yeah, it looks less bad ass, still great though.

Those are great. I don't really like the game, but I love the aesthetics and damn those are great.

So two things!

1) I figured that, since I'm drawing again, I might as well get with the 21st century and make a tumblr to show off my junk. You can find me at http://letsdrawvideo games.tumblr.com/ 

2) here's some WIP lineart of a Metroid illustration I hope to have finished tomorrow.

IbpzYBv.png

This one implies more of a narrative than your others. I like that.

Sweet. All ink, no photoshop?

I feel a bit of a cheat just lazily opening photoshop and sketching away with a tablet. But I feel I need that undo button or my work would suck even more ass. 

Feels good to be drawing again, thought. Haven't for years. 

Everyone on the Idle Thumbs forum is secretly an amazing artist, apparently. Wtf guys. I can't even draw stick men properly.