Niyeaux

R.I.P. Ryan Davis

Giant Bomb PAX panel is up, that's a hell of a round of applause there. Cards Against Humanity panel is also available on Twitch and, despite some bad sound quality, it's got some pretty awesome bits about Ryan in it as well.

Wow, time flies!

Thumbs up to the GiantBomb guys, but yeah Ryan had a real stamp on all their stuff. There's been a couple times where I felt like he would've liked this or would've had a lot to say about that. 

I can only speak as a fan of all this personality stuff, but solid gold job! A positive influence, and I hope what he was putting out there caught on! I think so.

Looks like they are putting a bunch of the great quicklooks with Ryan up on the front page. Really fun to watch them again. I miss that guy, what an amazing loveable asshole.

Yeah, I watched some of the Hotline Miami one. It's impossible. I didn't have a particular connection with him previously, but watching that now is too sad. I don't want to think about how that personality is gone.

Yeah, I love Giant Bomb, but it still hasn't been quite the same without him. It's missing a certain playfulness and joy.

Reading Patrick's short blog post and watching a couple of the videos has me kinda broken up a little. I really need to get that signed GB poster framed, I only wish it had his signature.

Ryan's passing was the first time I was really affected by a 'celebrity' death. It was the oddest sensation. I devoured Ryan Davis content for days until the next bombcast, which I listened to several times. Things became more 'normal' again, months later, but after yesterday it's all back again. What a tremendous dude. Stupid to say but stupider not to, but he will be missed.

Hey y'know- I'm actually watching the Ryan video on the front page and it's really fun! It is totally that old GiantBomb magic! All of it, like improvising jokes over time, playing corny free music to montages, doing impressions of games, green-screen project bloopers, all the fun stuff!

I cannot stop a smile from watching this! I remember why I was so hooked on GiantBomb!

Ryan Davis getting his sombrero shot off only to reveal a tinier sombrero underneath; it still cracks me up. It was fun seeing the Ryan stuff on the front page.

Ryan's ability to pull people into a stupid thing and make them enjoy it was the best.

I have never even seen a 3DS in person, let alone own one, and due to Giant Bomb I can hum along almost bar for bar with that theme.