Niyeaux

R.I.P. Ryan Davis

Fuck, this is the worst end to my day ever.

I saved last week's bombcast until last on my list of podcasts to listen to. I hope he isn't on there as I am not sure I could bare it.

Fuck, this is the worst end to my day ever.

I saved last week's bombcast until last on my list of podcasts to listen to. I hope he isn't on there as I am not sure I could bare it.

He isn't.  He was on his Honeymoon.  Two weeks ago was his last.

He isn't.  He was on his Honeymoon.  Two weeks ago was his last.

That's the one I'm halfway through.  There's no way I'm going to be able to finish it now.

Fuck. I was never much of a GB fan, but Ryan was the kind of guy that leaves an impression on you. This is one of those times when a person's death feels downright surreal; like you can't fathom that the world no longer has them in it. I feel especially awful for his wife. I mean, on the honeymoon itself? Jesus.

THE REALEST SUMMERJAMS

Think of Ryan when you listen to possibly the best collection of Summertime music you can compile.

Someone put this playlist on youtube or something. I want to listen to this, but I'm not american.

This is terrible. Never having met him in person, only having seen and heard him on the Giant Bomb podcasts and videos, it's a weird feeling, internet mourning. Based on the reactions on Twitter and elsewhere, it's pretty clear he was a pretty spectacular guy.

Ahhhh damn it, this fucking blows. I just saw it on Facebook and my jaw literally dropped. The Giant Bomb cast is never gonna be the same without him, assuming they continue it in the same vein. Urgh. Damn it. 

I don't know what to say really aside from what I wrote elsewhere on the net, so I'll just use that:

The timing of this - for him and his wife - is just really not fair. I hate describing it like that but what else is there? This is the worst. RIP Ryan, and my thoughts and prayers are there for his friends and loved ones.

The way those guys are always so candid and open on Giant Bomb, i feel like i've lost a friend, even though i've never met the man.

My heart goes out to the GB crew.

I don't know why I feel this way about a guy I never met or knew personally. I feel like I've lost a close friend.

I cannot even imagine what his family and friends are going through.

When I first saw the headline on GB, I thought it was some sort of announcement of his departure from the site. After a second, I realized what the years meant and was just dumbstruck.

It's nice to see how many people on both sides of the industry have come out in remembrance of him.

The timing of this - for him and his wife - is just really not fair. I hate describing it like that but what else is there? This is the worst. RIP Ryan, and my thoughts and prayers are there for his friends and loved ones.

While dying so soon after marrying is bitterly, bitterly cruel, at least it was after. Several people have been posting photos from the wedding and he looks so consistently ecstatic I can't help but find it heart-warming and joyful. It's absolutely gutting that he was to die so soon after, but at least he got to experience that, and those close to him have such exuberant parting memories. Small consolation, of course, but perhaps it's something. I don't know.

Just read this.  Very sad.  Literally just married.  Damn.  I drive 3.5 hours from home to work twice a week.  For the Friday trip home it was always the Bombcast, cause those fools would run it minimum 3 hours.  It always opened with Ryan, "Your listening to the Bombcast, I'm Ryan Davis . . ."  He had such genuine radio mannerisims.  The perfect mix of enthusiast/journalism.  Excited about games, yet wiling to take developers to task.

Could not believe this.

I really was like, No, no, no!   No . . .  : (

Damn that's awful.

With their show coming out at 2+ hours every week, and my commute only lasting about half a hour, I feel like I've been listening to Ryan every morning for the past 5 years.  Everyone at Giant Bomb is always so open and honest, I feel like I knew him even though we'd never met.  

This mush be so hard for everyone that knew him personally, I wish them the best.

God damn. Giant Bomb has been a constant bastion of enjoyment and has helped me through some of my hardest times. Completely dumbfounded at the loss of Ryan, the site won't be the same without him.  I will always remember him for making me giggle like a little girl over his serious discussion on hummingbird masks.